Happy being an 'Alternative'

LilMissTragic

Hey, I was told by someone that I was kinda...wait for it...Alternative...lmao. Not sure if that was a compliment but i sure as hell took it as one.(Actually, she was being a bitch)So, I thanked her and said that no matter how hard she tried she will always be a 'Mundane'. She didn't quite understand what I meant, she just walked off.

Mundanes
Mundane; noun; also; trendy, a normal, a member of the herd, a sheep.
Mundanes are the faceless sheep that swarm through the streets. Many mundanes prove themselves to be ordinary, acceptable people. But unfortunately (as every alternative person knows) they mask and nurture a whole breed of bloody stupid mainstream idiots who are offensive, vulgar, aggressive and obnoxious to anyone they take a dislike to.

Dill

You go girl :)

Wow , you really improved in your SP. How did you do it. Sounds like you got rid of it altogether. :)

Oh, and it was me who said you are my hero :lol:

LilMissTragic

Hey dill :)
Yeh my SP has vastly improved but It hasn't gone completely, I still hate crowds and I still find it a bit difficult to talk for long. When someone gets nasty though my SP seems to switch off, thankfully.

How is your SP these days anyways?...Haven't seen many posts from you lately.

Dill

It is improving, but very slowly. but IMPROVING!!
yeah, I just started school this week and it is surprisingly bearable. :)

The only thing now is that I have cousins from overseas staying at my place. If im not mistaken you said you too have an OUTSIDER :) staying at ur place. Its a killer.

you see, you are wonderwoman :) , cos I usually run away crying when someone insults me :lol:

applesewer

I do try to be accepting of the mainstream. I say things like “well, if it makes them happy then that’s fine”. Except it isn’t fine…it really really irritates me watching soooo much pap on the tv and on top of the pops and wondering how so many people can be fooled by it.

Sometimes the world seems to be split in two. There are people who have had problems in their lives and people who haven’t. Sometimes the people with problems are seen as the freaks but I think we’re the one’s that have something extra special about us. We see the world differently, we appreciate it more, we’re more understanding and accepting. Maybe I’m being biased, but I love being an “alternative”.

Dill

Couldn't have put it better myself.
We are actually very special cos having SP makes us very compassionate.
And I dont know bout you guys but it teaches me to laugh at myself. :lol:

:lol: ha im laughing write know :lol:
( Yes I know Im crazy )

tommydog

ahh i have a difference of opinion here.

lilmiss, worrywort, and anyone else .. LOL you guys. ok .. disclaimer .. we friends right, i dont want anyone to get cranky at me k .. just my opinoin :D

you guys ... HELLO ... your not ALTERNATIVE or DIFFERENT. Your not special, you dont do anything different ... your the same !

like .. if you want to stereotype your no different to millions of other people that have pink hair and unusual clothing. your nothing more than "one of them" just as i might be seen by you as "just one of them" ie the mainstream or whatever.

A suburb nearby from me .. the whole place is packed with "strange" people. And im saying just about everyone. I saw a bloke and a girl yesterday .. gawd i almost jumped outa my skin you shoulda seen em.

Anyway, point is, guess what ?? they are ALL like that. So they are different to me for example .. but all the same amongst themselves .. but carry the delusion that they are different. All the "different" people go to newtown so that they can be different together, so really, they are all the same :lol: :roll:

okies thats all :D

LilMissTragic

Tommy, I was trying to get over the point that that is how SOME people see me...I would never have called myself 'alternative'. Yes, I dress a little differently to the main stream, have some odd (people have said) interests but at the end of the day, your right, we are all the same, with the same basic needs and same basic drives but if people wish to put me into a stereotypical roll then so be it. I said what I did to that girl because she is just another bitchy female trying to get one over on me and this time it didn't work. I'm not going to stand there and take crap from anyone. So, yes, I stereotyped her too because she behaved in the same manner as many people I have been tormented by.
When it comes to it though...we do all have our basic groupings. Just as apes have thier clans. Its seen through out the animal kingdom...even us humans.

tommydog

and besides .. i dont appreciate bieng stereo typed. I do my own thing .. i do what makes me feel good ... and i do what is pleasing to me.

I dont go out of my way to be "different" nor do i go out of my way to be "the same". I just do what i wanna do.

avid_merrion

LilMissTragic said:
Hey, I was told by someone that I was kinda...wait for it...Alternative...lmao. Not sure if that was a compliment but i sure as hell took it as one.(Actually, she was being a bitch)So, I thanked her and said that no matter how hard she tried she will always be a 'Mundane'. She didn't quite understand what I meant, she just walked off.

Mundanes
Mundane; noun; also; trendy, a normal, a member of the herd, a sheep.
Mundanes are the faceless sheep that swarm through the streets. Many mundanes prove themselves to be ordinary, acceptable people. But unfortunately (as every alternative person knows) they mask and nurture a whole breed of bloody stupid mainstream idiots who are offensive, vulgar, aggressive and obnoxious to anyone they take a dislike to.

:lol: :D What a performance babe i could not of put it better myself....
man i like your style :D :wink:

applesewer

Yea, I think you’re right Tommy. But I can’t help but feel different…it’s like it’s inbuilt inside of me. In fact I kind of want to be different in many ways. And I know we’re all unique so in that sense its good to be different. But I also know that sometimes I create unnecessary loneliness for myself when I put other people in one group and me in my own 1 man group.

But yea, I hate it when people stereotype me, so yea, you’re right…I was wrong to stereotype…cause I know the world isn’t split in two…it just seems that way sometimes. But I dunno, stereotyping seems to come so naturally. I wish I could judge every person individually with their own criteria but I can’t help but stereotype people. I think it might be some kind of Darwinist thing inbuilt inside of us….Or maybe just inside of me!! ;)

Anonymous

Who gives a shit. Stop being so damned melodramatic about being labeled and just be yourself already. You make such a big deal about being labeled that it almost seems like you get off on it.

JWH

I prefer not to label myself for all to see. I'm not a walking advertisement. I'm happy to be inwardly different.

Anonymous

Everyone should be allowed to just be themselves without anyone else making a big deal about it. the end.

Anonymous

grrrr... what's that you're calling me alternative-- hahaha.... how cheesy. what's that you are calling me punk, indie, goth, raver.?... grrrrr... how dare you notice that I dress differently.... I'm sooo sick of being labeled!

Anonymous

so the majority of society is boring and simple minded. You haven't noticed this yet? You are still carring on about it?

GettingThere

Anonymous said:
Everyone should be allowed to just be themselves without anyone else making a big deal about it. the end.
The thing about us SP sufferers is that we do care about what others think about us, as individuals. Pschology books talk about "impression motivation" - something within our wills (hearts if you like) which drives us to want to feel accepted and which makes us (on the whole) susceptible to feeling bad about critisism.
I think that this debate is very relevant to an SP forum, its interesting to see how others deal with negative social interaction.
There is always going to be the temptation of thinking of ourselves as a distinct group and from there sprawning thoughts of stereo-typing, but it is the same of members of any distinct group, for instance people who vote a certain way, members of sporting associations, religious affiliation, etc.

Dill

Hey, being 'different' is kinda cool.

Just think about it. Theres about 6 billion people in this world, and just imagine how boring it would be if we all were the same

Just my opinion