Have you ever been in love?

Siren

Thanks to developing relationships in my head, yes, I think I have.

I don't think he loved me, but I know he certainly did like me.
But his crush became love for me. :(

Add: On second thought, I suppose that would be falling in love with the idea, not actually falling in love with him.

Bernie

Thanks for your replies everyone! But i think i feel worse now!!! What i was getting at (and maybe i'm not very good at explaining things) is: Are all us Social Phobics destined to battle with low-self esteem for the rest of our lives? and what exactly is self-esteem anyway. Is it a thought, a fleeting emotion or a permanent state?

Kien

Uhm falling in love symptom lasts maximum 24 months.

Depressed4life said:
Yes, i am in love right now...in love with my bf. We haven been together for 2 years. I definately agree, love is only good when someone loves you in return. I went out with guys who just wanted me for my body and it was hard to learn that i was being used....
You still feel all nutty in your head and can't think of anything else than him and it feels like nothing else matters than being with him and you don't want to do anything than to be with him and you find it really hard to take your eyes away from him? :?

Edit:
I guess I add that little simley yo make sure it's not ment to be offensive.

ktea

I've never been in love, mostly because I've never gotten close enough to someone to fall in love with them, or even LIKE them. The thought of being in love, being completely emotionally vulnerable with someone... really terrifies me. I know, I"m a loser.

tpdarlo

As the saying goes it's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved before, but this always reminds me of my uncle who broke up with his long term partner and a few months later committed suicide. Is love still worth it in this case? And having my uncle's genes, does this make me capable of a similar fate if I fall in love?

Danfalc

Banned
Kien said:
You still feel all nutty in your head and can't think of anything else than him and it feels like nothing else matters than being with him and you don't want to do anything than to be with him and you find it really hard to take your eyes away from him? :?

Ive been with my gf for like 3 years now,I still get buttaflies when i know im gonna see her,I still get all tounge tied when i see her because i can never get use to how gorgeous she is.Im deffo still nutty about her lol.

RedRibbons

I've loved people.. I have also stopped loving people.

Love is not really a feeling. It's more of something you do. And the feeling comes when what you do is true, and what you do is reciprocated.

To love someone is to sacrifice, compromise, listen, understand, and accept them for who they are, among other things.

Liking someone because you think they are hot... Is lust.

To love someone you need to know them. I mean, REALLY know them.

If you know your self, then you are able to love your self... That is if you can accept, understand, and listen to your self. To nurture your self, and to care.

So many of us are scared of being treated poorly.. Yet we treat ourselves the worst, of all. If you listen to your self. You will see that the worst insults aren't coming from others, but coming from your own self. "I'm ugly", "I'm a loser", "I'm a failure", "I'm stupid", "I'll never be better", "I suck at talking to people", "I'll never find a boyfriend/girlfriend because..."

Yea...

Kien

Doesn't everybody know that being in love is not the same as loving someone??

RedRibbons said:
So many of us are scared of being treated poorly.. Yet we treat ourselves the worst, of all. If you listen to your self. You will see that the worst insults aren't coming from others, but coming from your own self. "I'm ugly", "I'm a loser", "I'm a failure", "I'm stupid", "I'll never be better", "I suck at talking to people", "I'll never find a boyfriend/girlfriend because..."
It's just telling truth to onceself.

RedRibbons

Telling the truth. If that is your truth. But do you want that to be your truth? To think such crap about your self? Is that a good truth? I don't think that's a good truth.. And I don't think many people here want that to be their truth either.

Not everyone knows what it means to love..

Danfalc

Banned
Kien said:
My point is that it feels very unnecessery to tell. It's like to walk is not the same as to run.

Still havnt a clue at what ur getting at.If you have somthing to say... say it instead of making hints.

(eidt i know theres a difference between being in love and loving someone,i just wondered if you actualy had a point or were getting at anything with your little pearl of wisdom)

Rodox

Dont know about love,but I have become obsessed (creepy,I know :) )with this girl a while back,I only thought about her or having her, yet I freeze around her,she wasnt even that beautiful,on a scale to 10 I would give her 7.

I think that saying "If you don't love yourself then you can't love anyone else" is ridiculous. It doesn't even make sense. Why? Why do you have to love you self first? It's just one of those things people say but don't really understand. Don't let that saying get you down and make you think you can't have what you want.

Good Luck

Doomed2Die

Chod77 said:
I think that saying "If you don't love yourself then you can't love anyone else" is ridiculous. It doesn't even make sense. Why? Why do you have to love you self first? It's just one of those things people say but don't really understand. Don't let that saying get you down and make you think you can't have what you want.

Good Luck

I concure. Imo it's far more important to love another, to give, rather than love yourself. Through building love for another your helping yourself also, this is noticeable in one-to-one relationships but also family/neighbours/groups up to humankind really.

There a few kinds of 'love', however the english language oddly enough has only one word for them. The predominant one however blends in with the other kinds and virtually every single thing in life. This is 'Agape'(greek) unconditional love. Which well... things get pretty meaty when discussing that.

PhantomPod

I have had major crushes on a few guys, where I pretty much was in love with them. But I've never been in love in a way that was reciprocated though, as if we were in a relationship together.

jamez

PhantomPod said:
I have had major crushes on a few guys, where I pretty much was in love with them. But I've never been in love in a way that was reciprocated though, as if we were in a relationship together.

Yea, this is me except with girls. Sucks but nothing much I can do. Just keep ploughing on 8)

Danfalc

Banned
Chod77 said:

Good Luck

Yeh i agree.I think what people tend to mean by that phrase... is because you cant love/respect yourself then no one else is going to sorta thing.I really think love is one of the few things which can actualy heal people tho.If you totaly love someone... its unconditional you love them despite there flaws,baggage or issues ect.And when your at your lowest point... knowing someone can love you and see somthing good in you... even if you yourself cant... really helps.