Help Me!!! I can't stop sweating!!! :(

ycbaby6191

Starting about 4 months ago i started to sweat A LOT all over my face. Specifically above my lip & my forehead. It was embarrassing & has only gotten worse over time. I don't think i had social anxiety before but by sweating so much it now has got me paranoid so i can't even ride the city bus without having a face full of sweat :'( i haven't gone outside in about a week i avoid it as much as i can! i'm just terrified now. im only 17 i want to go out party enjoy my life & meet people without looking crazy! Please what do i do??? whats the first step?? will i be able to be cured??

jus

I also sweat quite alot on my face (forehead mainly) its one of my issues... =) and the reason why I hate summer. It can be freezing cold and anything which gets the heart rate up seems to get it going. Its wierd because I dont realy sweat anywhere else to excessivly.
Public transport in the summer is the worst for me, trains are packed and boiling and I get so self concious the entire trip.

I've found when it happens ignoring it seems to be the best solution, the anxiety/stress of worrying when its happening seems to just make it worse. Obviously that can be tricky though.

Theres aparantly a few products you can use to help, maybe search around on google.

Sorry I dont have anything helpful for ya, but atleast your not the only one.. :)

Last edited:

jus

Yeah I tried these face wipes which were designed to stop face sweating. They kind of made your face feel realy cold. I dont sweat constantly so it was abit hard to tell if they worked...I never had them on me to use when I started to sweat :(

Ive found drinking Ice cold water can assist sometimes, anything to get body temperature down would be good.

Dr. Doom

In the summer I sweat alot, like the worst place too...the crotchial/ass crack region, pits and my hands...My hands are constant though. Whenever i get nervous, my hands, back and pit start sweating. Also, bad foot sweat...not trying to sound nasty, it just happens.

Last edited:

ycbaby6191

you're lucky i wish i could sweat anywhere else BUT my face!! everywhere else is easier to hide but my face.. not so much :(

ycbaby6191

Starting about 4 months ago i started to sweat A LOT all over my face. Specifically above my lip & my forehead. It was embarrassing & has only gotten worse over time. I don't think i had social anxiety before but by sweating so much it now has got me paranoid so i can't even ride the city bus without having a face full of sweat :'( i haven't gone outside in about a week i avoid it as much as i can! i'm just terrified now. im only 17 i want to go out party enjoy my life & meet people without looking crazy! Please what do i do??? whats the first step?? will i be able to be cured??

mattbarneswillkillu

I have the same thing & i've been trying to find the "cure" for about 6months now. First, I tried "steeping herbal hushed sea tea". Didn't do a thing for me. Next, I tried "Avert" or robinul from Pharmacy CA. Avert WORKS it actually WORKS! cons: it may work too well, drying your mouth/eyes as well as forehead. Expensive! but worth it.
-i took an Avert pill, went over a cute girls house in my class and flirted/spent time with her all day without a bead of sweat (best day i've had in a while)
now im trying 3B neat Face Saver. it is much less expensive thus doesnt work quite as well as Avert. Also i ordered Drysol Mild for the face and im trying it tonight and will update my drysol thread on here tommorrow.
-so quick fix : order Avert online

margiehope

Try searching for "Facial HH" on this forum--you'll find many suggestions. Also see if your doctor or derm can suggest meds.

Last edited:

ycbaby6191

I have the same thing & i've been trying to find the "cure" for about 6months now. First, I tried "steeping herbal hushed sea tea". Didn't do a thing for me. Next, I tried "Avert" or robinul from Pharmacy CA. Avert WORKS it actually WORKS! cons: it may work too well, drying your mouth/eyes as well as forehead. Expensive! but worth it.
-i took an Avert pill, went over a cute girls house in my class and flirted/spent time with her all day without a bead of sweat (best day i've had in a while)
now im trying 3B neat Face Saver. it is much less expensive thus doesnt work quite as well as Avert. Also i ordered Drysol Mild for the face and im trying it tonight and will update my drysol thread on here tommorrow.
-so quick fix : order Avert online

Omg i will pay anything to have that!! whats the website? i googled it & didn't find anything.

ycbaby6191

Hey.

We're here its just most of us have a diff type of HH. I think facial HH is the least common and unfortunately the hardest to cure without side effects. I would suggest you visit your dermatologist. Also visit sweathelp.org to get advice on your particular type of HH. You can get botox on your head, and also try drysol.

Would anxiety medication help as well? Because I developed that now . Is drysol good for the face?

mattbarneswillkillu

I just got drysol(MILD 6%) yesterday & im trying it currently. They say your supposed to apply it @ night for 2-3 consecutive nights before you see desired results. then continue once or twice a week as needed. Today was the first day on it and it worked ok, but i'm expecting much greater results tommorrow from its directed instructions/suggestions. It was 30$ so you cant really lose either way, and im pretty optimistic about its potential so i'd say go for it.

ycbaby6191

I just got drysol(MILD 6%) yesterday & im trying it currently. They say your supposed to apply it @ night for 2-3 consecutive nights before you see desired results. then continue once or twice a week as needed. Today was the first day on it and it worked ok, but i'm expecting much greater results tommorrow from its directed instructions/suggestions. It was 30$ so you cant really lose either way, and im pretty optimistic about its potential so i'd say go for it.

Where can i buy it at ?
Is it good for the face?

margiehope

The website for Avert is pharmacy.ca They're quite reputable, and make the med themselves. However, it isn't cheap, and those out of Canada pay fairly high shipping, I think. Avert is a brand name for glycopyrrolate. In the States, maybe elsewhere, it's Robinul. I've used Avert for years--yeah, I get dry mouth sometimes, but it's worth that little inconvenience.

Knickerless

If you have a look through the sticky thread at the top of the page you can see which mediations have been recommended as best for each type of sweating. You may want to look into secure wipes for the face, they work very well but may leave you a little dry. that said moisturiser can get you round this.

This may sound like silly advice, but it's the best I've got. My hands get really sweaty. I mean like to the point where you think there must be a hose or something connected to them. This was really bad a few 4 or so years ago when me and a few buddies in high school had a band and I was playing the drums for them. In fact, I didn't really notice it until a girl I met came and watched us practice, and she came over and gave me a hug, and was like "Woah! you have sweaty hands!". I became pretty self conscious of it for a while, and tried to find products to remedy it. But the best advice is to actually drink LOTS of water, and don't think about it. I know that's super easy to say (and hard to do), but eventually I stopped thinking about it because I had bigger things to deal with, and you know what, I realized later that my hands would sweat less when I wasn't concentrated on them. You really shouldn't let this get in the way of more important things, and remember, sometimes changing the way you think, actually drastically changes the way your body operates physically. Cheers, and good luck!

driping jon

hi,hold on ,thre are lots of ideas ,i found reading a great help,just slow down there is no easy answer and you have to try different things,me i am on prob tabs and put up with the bad things that go with it,for me they have give me a new life,if i put up with the side things ,slow down and read all comments