Home Alone

Liz17

Does anybody else fear being left in the house alone? I have struggled with this before, but unfortunately I have it back again. I suffered a relaps after having a brilliant year and half out of the house 6 months ago, my brother asked me to attend something important with alot of people, and it frightened me so bad I got my panic attacks back. At the time of that first panic attack I was in the house on my own and I was eating, I thought I was chocking on my food. Since then Ive avoided eating hard food because I feared I would choke, It sounds crazy but I just cant get it out of my head, so people have been trying to be in the house for me. Theyve been taking it in turns, but tommorow is the first time in 6 months that everybody will be out of the house for an entire day 8-5 and Im sick scared. Ive not even been alone for 15 mins in fear of a panic attack, and this is going to be a loooong time. I know because Ive built the fear up so much, that i will have one but Im so frightened of it happening. Can anyone give me some pointers to get through this, I dont feel I can do it! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm sometimes alone in the house, but a lot of the times no. I actually like it a lot when there is no body around at all except for me, so I really want to live aloen someday. The thoguht of being alone for you probably makes you more panicky and scared. That sounds pretty bad though. What is it exactly that you are afraid of? Is it having a panic attack when no one is around? or like the fear of choking or something related? I'm not sure how to deal with that. I know that you know that it's irrational, but it doesn't matter whether it is or not, because if it feels really it's really scary.

Convict187

I would like to live my own because it would make me feel more independent and I would have more privacy, you don't get that living in a small house with seven other people

Liz17

Both I surpose, but It went okay I had a panic attack but I calmed myself down thankfully. It is irrational but like you say when It feels real its terrifying.

I dont like to be on my own.

Luna_LL

I always LOVED when there was noone there to come home and mess with me. I DREADED the days when my mother would not have to work. I guess I was a homebody and should have had friends to hang out with ... but I ALWAYS came home after school and preferred being at home by myself Despite the fact that the witch from hell may be there to spread terror whenever / whereever she chose (my mother)....

Maybe she did this on purporse? Did she do this to enslave me to be her only friend. Sorry, but I got off a tangent here, so wanted to be left alone (ie: not messed with/)....

nephatitus

being home alone is awesome!!!

i am free-er to to express myself (ie writing poems, painting, reading, vidgames, etc)

sure i used to get freaked out when i was younger ( i stayed outside cause i was too freaked out to go in that empty house) but its fun now

Liz17

I think I need a hobby to preoccupy my time. Ive always had alot of friends round me, but now Im agrophobic its kinda hard to ajust to being alone. I guess were all different.

BelovedAunt

The only time I'm ever not home alone is when my sister brings her daughter around to see me, which is becoming quite rare these days. She has this thing about my "paranoia" and "self delusional tendencies" which she keeps throwing back in my face. Things haven't really been the same between us since mother died. My husband leaving didn't really help things much either, and so I tend to spend most of my life home alone watching UK Gold and Discovery Health.

I don't like being at home alone. But I also get anxious in the company of other people. Lol.

Kathryn

I LOVE being home alone. Sometimes people get very annoying, especially if you're around them all day.

Liz17

'I don't like being at home alone. But I also get anxious in the company of other people. Lol.'

Snap! lol :D

Ashiene

im at home alone 3/4 of the day on weekdays (mon-fri) but i keep myself occupied by playing games and watching movies or writing/sleeping.

sometimes i have the terrifying sensation of someone sitting behind me when im on computer or beside me when im watching TV.

this makes me look over my shoulder every few minutes or walk around the house to check and recheck if there really isn't someone else at home with me.

Liz17

I seriously need to get a hobby, to pass the time. Im doing a home study course, but even that doesnt take my mind off the anxiety.

kt2222

i know exactly what you mean... i had alway struggled with the whole going out thing.... but with my last serious panic attack i was at home not alone.. but for last 5 months i will do anything to avoid being home alone!! and the fact that i live alone with my two children as you can imagine it's been a difficult job! lol

stardog

Love it...my dad is going away for 2 months so I will have the house to myself...:D

Of course if you're stuck at home alone 24hrs a day though, I can't imagine it'd be a good thing.

Kamen

Ashiene said:
sometimes i have the terrifying sensation of someone sitting behind me when im on computer or beside me when im watching TV.

Ah, I hate when this sensation occur, it's pretty terrifying really.

Liz17

kt2222, it must have been, Im just glad that someone can relate. I just hate the thought of noone being their incase I do majorly panic. Now Im expecting one when Im alone, Ill work myself up to have one.