Honestly, Do you literally have No friends?

hippiechild

For a good 2-3 years I had no friends... or friendly acquaintances... or sorta friends... none

I'm doing pretty alright now, though.

B

Beatrice

My "best" friend is over 12 hours away from me by car. She wasn't exactly best friend material, but I always called her that. My other good friend is in Germany, don't know when she's going to return if ever :(
I have one pretty good online friend, and another I met here that I'm getting to know. I have a pretty good friend about 8 or 10 hours from me, and we talk on the phone once in a while.
Other than that.... that's it. I did have an acquaintance near me but I got rid of her for various reasons. Not exactly a great friend.

leave_me_alone

Literally zero real life friends. I used to have lots of friends, but that was like 5 years ago. Some of them i pushed away, but then i dont really think they were good friends anyway, otherwise they would be atleast slightly concerned about me. I havent seen them for years now. My best friend moved to UK years ago, havent heard from him ever since. Another good "friend" (he was actually my uncle, but were were best buddies) died in a motorcycle accident.

I have a few online friends, mostly the guys i used to play online games with. Sometimes we go on teamspeak or skype, talk or play a game together. Thats basicly all social life i have. Then i have couple of friends i talk via msn/yahoo quite regulary, they know me quite well (they know about my SA), but they are too far away from me, so there is no real possibility of ever meeting them :(

djkghigh

had about 2 friends 3 years ago now the only ppl i associate with would be my family and other who only contact me in order to receive assistance in fixing issues relating to their pc

LonelyWonders

I use to have friends, but we made are seperate ways when we moved up in years. Honestly now I have no friends in my real life. Online I can say i've got three that are really good friends, not to the point where I can share personal thoughts to them though, well not two of them atleast.

BashfulDoll

Would any of you ever get together some of the ppl from this site? It seems like we all have so much in common and would never judge anyone bcos we all know what its like being us, so why not?

Kinetik

I have no friends, but I'm close with my family and I still talk to my ex a fair bit, so between those people I get the interaction I need. I'm also in business with my dad, so we get out and meet people together fairly often, which makes things less threatening. I also live alone, which means I have to do the bills and such by myself, so all in all I get out there just enough without feeling too stressed/overburdened by people.

I have a few friends at college but i still feel awkward around them when having a one-on-one conversation and i have no friends outside of college except my cousin. i've only just started talking to people online (because even that makes me nervous) so maybe i'll make some friends online.

Last edited:

leave_me_alone

Would any of you ever get together some of the ppl from this site? It seems like we all have so much in common and would never judge anyone bcos we all know what its like being us, so why not?

I would seriously consider it, but it is not possible for me, given my location.

Heekaru

I don't have any friends in real life and I only have 1 online friend that I can talk to.

I don't know how to make new friends either.

NamiraWilhelm

Very nearly! I have a couple of long distance friends and thats it. If i didnt have a boyfriend i would quite literally have no social life at all, and i really dislike that thats the case, since if the boyfriend goes my life goes!

I actually managed to 'click' with someone for the first time in years on a forum not long ago, and its sad but i was very happy about that. But they've disappeared off the face of the earth for a month, so there goes that...

megalon

I've only had two true friends in my life, both in the past five years. I have since lost touch with both of them. So right now, zero friends.

Patrick26

Depends....i got one who wants to live with me. He likes the same team as me, he's going bald like me (although i shaved it all off now), he acts like a retard like me although we only stay at his place, rarely go somewhere, his other friends he goes out with so i dunno....i got people at my work i sometimes hang out with but rarely. I never really ask and when i do it's plans that never happen so w/e. I consider them all just work buddies then friends. Friends are people you always hang out with all the time.

sprode

I don't have any friends.

I don't have any online friends.

I couldn't keep a friend if I were capable of finding any.

Why do I exist?

Apotheosis

I have a few people I can talk to and joke with at school. I've also dated a few girls off and on over the years, but outside of that: nada. I've kind of drifted away from people this past year. Oh well, I'll be getting a new start in a few months, so here's to hoping. ::eek::

I have 1 long-term friend (whom i only see 1-2 times per year). But otherwise i seem to have this unconscious urge to push people away, to avoid having/forming friendships, and to lose-touch with "friends" from my past. I probably am the most capable of "real" friendship than ever before, but still i dont seem to want a bar of it in my real life. Old habits die hard. Similar i think to why i don't want a woman in my life, fears - fear of change, fear of .... Part of SA i guess.

marielb

i am 20 years old.i havent been out the house since i was 16 and have had no friends since i was 13.social anxiety disorder has ruined my life.::(:

D

deleted user 1

i am 20 years old.i havent been out the house since i was 16 and have had no friends since i was 13.social anxiety disorder has ruined my life.::(:

I feel for you MarielB, I can relate to your experience. Hang in there! ;)

Oh, and welcome to SPW. I hope you enjoy your stay, we have many great posters here :)

NamiraWilhelm

Im 22 and barely out the house.

And the long weekends we recently had due to bank holidays only served to remind me how little i have to do. I was completely fed up. Cant believe i would rather have worked!