How are you feeling?

KiaKaha

Banned
Had a phone interview for a job - I interview really badly, I usually end up saying something stupid because I get flustered. Suffice to say I didnt get it. I should lie more.

MikeyC

Bored. I have stuff to do, I just don't want to do it. :p
Haha, I know that. ::p:

Had a phone interview for a job - I interview really badly, I usually end up saying something stupid because I get flustered. Suffice to say I didnt get it. I should lie more.
Phone interviews are terrible. I mean, talking on the phone is bad enough but having to do a pressure interview is crazy.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little lie here and there. Whose resume is actually accurate? Say what you need to say, leave out some bad parts, accentuate the good parts, and then that's it. Easier said than done, though.

KiaKaha

Banned
Phone interviews are terrible. I mean, talking on the phone is bad enough but having to do a pressure interview is crazy.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with a little lie here and there. Whose resume is actually accurate? Say what you need to say, leave out some bad parts, accentuate the good parts, and then that's it. Easier said than done, though.

Thanks, I am just a little annoyed at myself because if I had just said one thing differently it would have gone a completely different way...but I got nervous and was a little too honest. The longer I am unemployed the harder it is because I have a gap in my CV - and I dont know what to say to them when they ask about it. Oh well... I guess I will just keep trying.

Iluv

Thanks, I am just a little annoyed at myself because if I had just said one thing differently it would have gone a completely different way...but I got nervous and was a little too honest. The longer I am unemployed the harder it is because I have a gap in my CV - and I dont know what to say to them when they ask about it. Oh well... I guess I will just keep trying.

Well the good thing about it now you know the sort of questions they'll ask and just write out some good answers beforehand. And a little white lie during an interview never hurt anyone. Just don't go lying about anything that you can obviously in the future tell isn't true. You'll def have better luck next time, I know it ;)

MikeyC

These are things we think of in hindsight. It's unfortunate but you will be okay, mate.

I also hate how you have to be asked about a gap in your CV. Like, who cares? I'm a good worker, so leave it be.

KiaKaha

Banned
Well the good thing about it now you know the sort of questions they'll ask and just write out some good answers beforehand. And a little white lie during an interview never hurt anyone. Just don't go lying about anything that you can obviously in the future tell isn't true. You'll def have better luck next time, I know it ;)

Admittedly I should have been a little more prepared - that no doubt would have reduced the amount of anxiety and flustered responses. So is adding that I have a doctorate in quantum physics on my CV going a bit to far regarding the lying? Nah she'll be right... ::p:

Thanks for the encouragement :)

I also hate how you have to be asked about a gap in your CV. Like, who cares? I'm a good worker, so leave it be.

Yeah this irritates me. I AM a good worker - I always have been. I hope someone can see that at some point.

Bored. I have stuff to do, I just don't want to do it. :p

I hear ya. I have things that I don't really need to do so much as watch to do, but I have no motivations.

Phone interviews are awful. I had one several months ago. To prepare, I though of what kinds of questions I would be asked and wrote down the answers. I had the paper with me when they called and used it as a reference point. I didn't get the job either.

I start my job training tomorrow, and then I have a dentist appointment the next day. If you guys don't hear from me in the next couple of days, I've got my head stuck in the sand somewhere. ;)

lonely_drummer

Here's a pic so you could imagine how Im feeling. Instead of paying attention to the road, I took a pic instead to share with you lol. You may need to tilt your head lol

Attachments

• winter car.jpg
    winter car.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 0

Shyangel

That's a cool picture, drummer. I wonder if it will ever stop snowing over there! :D

How I'm feeling...

I'm feeling alright. I just had a great meal. I should have taken a pic for all you guys, maybe next time. My meal was: Pork chops, cream corn, baked potato with sour cream and cheese, and these premade biscuits that soak up the butter just right. I really enjoyed it.

After eating diner my oldest sister thought it would be a great idea to pull out some balloons to entertain my niece. (The long skinny kind that you can make into animals)
Us adults almost seemed to be having more fun with it then my niece it one point. My Oldest sister was trying for a while to make a dog, then a flower.(the flower never happened) Also, my oldest sister and I couldn't blow up those dang balloons for the life of us, but my dad had no problem. It was pretty funny watching my sister sitting over there turning blue in the face in her effort to blow those balloons up. I was doing the same. My dad tried to make a balloon stick figure, it didn't work. We ended up looking up how to make swords and had a balloon sword fight. My niece loved it.

I had fun watching my family act like idiots....Not like they don't do it often, though. lol

lonely_drummer

That's a cool picture, drummer. I wonder if it will ever stop snowing over there! :D

How I'm feeling...

I'm feeling alright. I just had a great meal. I should have taken a pic for all you guys, maybe next time. My meal was: Pork chops, cream corn, baked potato with sour cream and cheese, and these premade biscuits that soak up the butter just right. I really enjoyed it.

After eating diner my oldest sister thought it would be a great idea to pull out some balloons to entertain my niece. (The long skinny kind that you can make into animals)
Us adults almost seemed to be having more fun with it then my niece it one point. My Oldest sister was trying for a while to make a dog, then a flower.(the flower never happened) Also, my oldest sister and I couldn't blow up those dang balloons for the life of us, but my dad had no problem. It was pretty funny watching my sister sitting over there turning blue in the face in her effort to blow those balloons up. I was doing the same. My dad tried to make a balloon stick figure, it didn't work. We ended up looking up how to make swords and had a balloon sword fight. My niece loved it.

I had fun watching my family act like idiots....Not like they don't do it often, though. lol

Yeah, crazy snow storm all day and it's still slightly snowing right now. Sounds like you had an over all great day, good food and good company, you can't beat that!