How are you feeling?

Iluv

I'm feeling okay. Have to go to Sydney momentarily and then I'm going to a jazz and blues festival tonight. It all has the potential to go well, but also it could be bad, so we'll see. Fingers crossed.

Hope you have fun! Don't party too hard, those jazz people can be crazy sometimes. ;)

DeadmanWalking

Well, I just finished crying. Mom's threatening to kick me out of college and forcibly put me in the military because I'm failing classes in college. As much respect and reverance I have for those who serve our country, I don't think that the military is my place and I'm also kinda scared to enter it myself. She said that I'm not doing anything here in college and that I don't have any motivation to do anything. Being told that hurts. I do want to do stuff, but it's hard for me to talk to people and to go out and do what I want. I'm trying to improve, honestly and truly, but it's not going to happen in a flash. She basically told me to "get over" my problems (as if that ever helps) and told me that I don't know what stress is. My mother has been "verbally abusing" me like this for a while and there's no possible way to escape. If I could get a job, maybe I could worry less, but, with my SA, that's easier said than done. Not to mention I need to learn how to drive. I'm completely helpless right now, so the only thing I can do now is to suck it up and try to move forward. What a grand start to Spring Break, huh:rolleyes:?

A "dark" post (sorry) - avoid reading if the darkness scares you!

The ol' Black Dog of depression is nipping at my feet again. Getting REALLY hard to endure, but thats depression. My "demon" neighbours (demons in human bodies) helping to keep me in it. Wishing i was dead (effectively i already am). Whole days spent in hell .. oh the joy...
Barely made any headway with it last night, but now am seeming to be getting at least more "in touch" with, by way of death-metal music & drinking myself into oblivion.....

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Well, I just finished crying. Mom's threatening to kick me out of college and forcibly put me in the military because I'm failing classes in college. As much respect and reverance I have for those who serve our country, I don't think that the military is my place and I'm also kinda scared to enter it myself. She said that I'm not doing anything here in college and that I don't have any motivation to do anything. Being told that hurts. I do want to do stuff, but it's hard for me to talk to people and to go out and do what I want. I'm trying to improve, honestly and truly, but it's not going to happen in a flash. She basically told me to "get over" my problems (as if that ever helps) and told me that I don't know what stress is. My mother has been "verbally abusing" me like this for a while and there's no possible way to escape. If I could get a job, maybe I could worry less, but, with my SA, that's easier said than done. Not to mention I need to learn how to drive. I'm completely helpless right now, so the only thing I can do now is to suck it up and try to move forward. What a grand start to Spring Break, huh:rolleyes:?
^ Ouch, that's a bit harsh. Sounds like you need to sit down and have a talk with your mom. At least she knows about your issue, but the way she's treating you is not fair at all. Maybe if you sat down and basically explained everything, she'll open her eyes a bit more and won't be so eager to get on your case about it. Hope you're able to work something out. Spend your time away if you can/need to, it's your Spring Break. You deserve to have a little fun, not to mention some peace and quiet.

Shyangel

I am very excited! I'm going to a hockey game tonight to see my all time favorite hockey team, the Winnipeg Jets! Yeah that's right, I'm gonna be one of those guys cheering for the away team but I don't care. Go Jets Go!

Awesome, Drummer. I've never been to a hockey game, but they seem like alot of fun. I'm going to try and go to one some day. I hope you have a awesome time. Funny coincidence; my favorite football team is New York Jets.:D

Shyangel

I'm feeling okay. Have to go to Sydney momentarily and then I'm going to a jazz and blues festival tonight. It all has the potential to go well, but also it could be bad, so we'll see. Fingers crossed.

That sounds like alot of fun, Mikey. I hope you have a rocking time. I didn't think you listened to jazz or blues?:eek:

this_portrait

Kinda hopeful. I just applied for a job and a paid internship, plus I recently applied for a couple more jobs, so I'm really hoping at least one of them hires me.

lonely_drummer

Awesome, Drummer. I've never been to a hockey game, but they seem like alot of fun. I'm going to try and go to one some day. I hope you have a awesome time. Funny coincidence; my favorite football team is New York Jets.:D

See, I knew we were friends for a reason, GO JETS GO!!! Tonight was a BLAST!!!! My team lost 5-3 but I don't care, I had so much fun and made lots of friends with fellow Jets fans lol. It's funny because it seemed like the fans for the Jets were louder than they were for the Flames, it was great. And it seemed like my section was strictly Jets fans, so that made goals and hits even better!!!! Even though we lost, we were super rowdy compared to the lame Flames fans lol. I barely go to any Flames games because the crowd is SOOOO lame. I remember when I first moved here, I was sooo happy because I was going to live somewhere with an NHL team because the place I lived before was Winnipeg and the Jets had just gotten sold to Phoenix but I quickly realized Calgary is a very very lame hockey city. The rink is like a library unless the Flames are scoring, thats the only time the fans make noise. The Jets fans don't even care what the score is, they'll always cheer for their team plus right now Jets fans don't even care how they do, we're just super stoked we have our team back!!!! YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lonely_drummer

oooooooooo, before I forget, I got to make a very obscene hand gesture on the jumbo tron too!! I am so proud of myself!!! They panicked and changed the camera like right away. We all had a pretty good laugh

Angry.
You think by now I would have come up with or read a successful way to not let the complete unfairness in this world affect me so much.

DeadmanWalking

Angry.
You think by now I would have come up with or read a successful way to not let the complete unfairness in this world affect me so much.

It is indeed unfair, but, I think, we should do what we can to make the world as fair as possible, for us and for others:). I think that's a good way to not get swamped by it.

MikeyC

That sounds like alot of fun, Mikey. I hope you have a rocking time. I didn't think you listened to jazz or blues?:eek:
I don't, but a friend of mine is playing in a band so I've decided to go see him. It's not my favourite music but I hope to at least be entertained. :)

Angry.
The world is unbelievably unfair, so hopefully some luck goes to you. :)

It is indeed unfair, but, I think, we should do what we can to make the world as fair as possible, for us and for others:). I think that's a good way to not get swamped by it.

Hmm, I get the feeling that only people with power can make any change happen and they usually can't be bothered (with the exception of a few). Sad.

The world is unbelievably unfair, so hopefully some luck goes to you. :)
Ha, I could do with some! lol. thanks Mikey.

MikeyC

Hmm, I get the feeling that only people with power can make any change happen and they usually can't be bothered (with the exception of a few). Sad.
That's not always the case, but they do have more influence...when they want to. It is sad, but dwelling on it will give you migraines. ::(:

MikeyC

Wow, all that is way too harsh, dude. You really have to convince your mum not to send you to military school. The fact is that you're 19 years old and you can make your own decisions about what you want to do. Sorry you're crying, mate. I hope things can turn around for you.

A "dark" post (sorry) - avoid reading if the darkness scares you!

The ol' Black Dog of depression is nipping at my feet again. Getting REALLY hard to endure, but thats depression. My "demon" neighbours (demons in human bodies) helping to keep me in it. Wishing i was dead (effectively i already am). Whole days spent in hell .. oh the joy...
Barely made any headway with it last night, but now am seeming to be getting at least more "in touch" with, by way of death-metal music & drinking myself into oblivion.....
I know that depression. It's not really good. Take care of yourself, mate.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm not in a good place mentally, at the moment. Things have been pretty bleak and depressing, to be honest. I've been crying alot more than usual, which is understandable, I guess, given what's been going on in my life lately. I feel like just giving up on myself. ::(:

I hope I hear back from my doctor about my counseling sessions this week.