How are you feeling?

MsBuzzkillington

I am angry and I am kind of scared about what is going to happen.

So as I have talked about before, I recently moved out of my apartment. First of all, they said that I had to get the carpets professionally cleaned (which is standard for this place) or I could let them do it with the company they use. The girl in the office said it would be about 30 bucks. I said that sounded fine and I would go with that instead of looking for a place to do it on my own. She told me "okay so you won't have to worry about cleaning your carpet, just vacuum it and you will be good." So I am like, okay cool.

So when I finally got everything moved out I realized the carpet was a bit dirty due to my dog having accidents on the carpet. But she said not to worry, so I didn't worry.

Then when it came time for the walk through, the guy said "you might get some additional charges because there is "pet damage" to the carpet. Although you might not have to worry about it, I will have to have my manager look at it." So I was like okay whatever.

No one said anything really. She said I might get charged a bit more depending on how bad they determined the pet damage was. "Pet damage" ie a couple pee stains on the carpet. But she said NOTHING else, NOTHING. Just that they would clean it.

So I get the bill today, 450 dollars! To replace the stupid carpet! They want to charge me to replace the entire carpet because of "pet damages". So my mom and I called today to complain and they said "well it is standard procedure to replace the carpet after an owner with a dog has lived there." Excuse me? You charge everyone with a dog 450 dollars to replace the carpet after they move out? No one told me! No one said anything! Everyone knew I had a dog!

What is the point of the pet deposit that I had to pay at the beginning? You know that 300 bucks I had to lay down when I moved in so my dog could stay there with me and then the 40 dollars A MONTH that I had to pay so I could keep him? Where is THAT money, why did you make me pay that if you are going to charge me an additional 450 dollars after I move out? That is what annoys me the most, what is the point of pet fees and pet rent and pet deposits if they don't cover pet damages to the apartment?! Where is that money? huh? where did it go?

I don't want to pay it, I want to fight it. They can go to hell for all I care. It says I will be sent to collections if I don't pay the bill. There is no date on when the bill is due by, so I figure I can make them wait and then fight it more. Would being hounded by collections really be that bad? I don't want them to get my money!

Rembrandt Broam

So I get the bill today, 450 dollars! To replace the stupid carpet! They want to charge me to replace the entire carpet because of "pet damages". So my mom and I called today to complain and they said "well it is standard procedure to replace the carpet after an owner with a dog has lived there." Excuse me? You charge everyone with a dog 450 dollars to replace the carpet after they move out? No one told me! No one said anything! Everyone knew I had a dog!

What is the point of the pet deposit that I had to pay at the beginning? You know that 300 bucks I had to lay down when I moved in so my dog could stay there with me and then the 40 dollars A MONTH that I had to pay so I could keep him? Where is THAT money, why did you make me pay that if you are going to charge me an additional 450 dollars after I move out? That is what annoys me the most, what is the point of pet fees and pet rent and pet deposits if they don't cover pet damages to the apartment?! Where is that money? huh? where did it go?

I don't want to pay it, I want to fight it. They can go to hell for all I care. It says I will be sent to collections if I don't pay the bill. There is no date on when the bill is due by, so I figure I can make them wait and then fight it more. Would being hounded by collections really be that bad? I don't want them to get my money!

You should absolutely fight this! If this wasn't in any contract you signed, and you were never made aware of it, then they shouldn't be able to just replace the carpet and send you the bill for it. You may as well have handed your landlord a blank check when you moved in. :mad:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Very depressed... and angry ::(:

I would say irritated, but I don't that'd be an accurate description of how f***ing pissed off I really am. :mad: I mean, I can't even talk with my mother. I even got told "Oh! Get over it, already" the other day because I wanted to talk about my dad. Really? WTF? It's that easy, is it? 8 years of negative reinforcement and mental torment can be undone in 5 days, can it?! But, then again, my mother's just as guilty, but won't admit it - all those misandrous comments over the years. ::(: :mad:

Ragle

Depressed. I feel like I wasted my life. I feel trapped. I feel like I want to isolate myself from the world. Be forgotten. And then.. I want to scream.

KiaKaha

Banned
if your mind is too weak, you are fcked for life, and I'm exactly that.

Resilience for some is easy - for others, not so much. I often wonder about a persons capability to bounce back easier than others.

Dont worry, I know how you feel. Me too.

Weak.

Srijita52

Depressed. I feel like I wasted my life. I feel trapped. I feel like I want to isolate myself from the world. Be forgotten. And then.. I want to scream.

if your mind is too weak, you are fcked for life, and I'm exactly that.

Was helping someone move furniture and i dropped the sofa. Being a man that made me feel week, worthless, pathetic and humilated. Also reminds me how much i hate teamwork. Anyway I walked away and now i'm going to feel down for the rest of the day.

Very depressed... and angry ::(:

I would say irritated, but I don't that'd be an accurate description of how f***ing pissed off I really am. :mad: I mean, I can't even talk with my mother. I even got told "Oh! Get over it, already" the other day because I wanted to talk about my dad. Really? WTF? It's that easy, is it? 8 years of negative reinforcement and mental torment can be undone in 5 days, can it?! But, then again, my mother's just as guilty, but won't admit it - all those misandrous comments over the years. ::(: :mad:
*hugs* for everyone. I hope all of you feel better soon. Hang in there.

Phoenixx

I am angry and I am kind of scared about what is going to happen.

So as I have talked about before, I recently moved out of my apartment. First of all, they said that I had to get the carpets professionally cleaned (which is standard for this place) or I could let them do it with the company they use. The girl in the office said it would be about 30 bucks. I said that sounded fine and I would go with that instead of looking for a place to do it on my own. She told me "okay so you won't have to worry about cleaning your carpet, just vacuum it and you will be good." So I am like, okay cool.

So when I finally got everything moved out I realized the carpet was a bit dirty due to my dog having accidents on the carpet. But she said not to worry, so I didn't worry.

Then when it came time for the walk through, the guy said "you might get some additional charges because there is "pet damage" to the carpet. Although you might not have to worry about it, I will have to have my manager look at it." So I was like okay whatever.

No one said anything really. She said I might get charged a bit more depending on how bad they determined the pet damage was. "Pet damage" ie a couple pee stains on the carpet. But she said NOTHING else, NOTHING. Just that they would clean it.

^ :eek: Oh my gosh, Buzz, that's awful! Absolutely awful! I'd be incredibly angry too if I was in your position. I agree with Broam, you really should fight this. No way is that fair at all, you shouldn't have to pay a ridiculous amount as that just for "pet damages." I mean, what's the point of ripping up the carpet? Didn't they basically hint that it wasn't that bad and that it just needed cleaning? Unbelievable.

So sorry you have to go through this mess, Buzz. I hope you can get everything worked out soon.

Phoenixx

I'm feeling great today. :) Much, much better than yesterday. There were a whole bunch of community yard sales in the next town over, so my family went for the morning and part of the afternoon. I really needed summer clothes and actually got quite a bit. I was surprised. Very rarely can I ever find my size, shopping is hard, but I had luck today. Got about 6 shirts, a cami, a hoodie, and a pair of shorts for about $5. They're in great condition too, a couple of them were brand new, never worn.

Also got The Bourne Identity today, so I'll probably watch that later. I can never find those movies anywhere around here for some reason, and I love the trilogy. So yeah, definitely had to pick it up. I'm surprised I didn't buy any books today, but I didn't really find much that interested me.

MikeyC

I'm feeling great today. :) Much, much better than yesterday. There were a whole bunch of community yard sales in the next town over, so my family went for the morning and part of the afternoon. I really needed summer clothes and actually got quite a bit. I was surprised. Very rarely can I ever find my size, shopping is hard, but I had luck today. Got about 6 shirts, a cami, a hoodie, and a pair of shorts for about $5. They're in great condition too, a couple of them were brand new, never worn.

Also got The Bourne Identity today, so I'll probably watch that later. I can never find those movies anywhere around here for some reason, and I love the trilogy. So yeah, definitely had to pick it up. I'm surprised I didn't buy any books today, but I didn't really find much that interested me.
I'm glad you had a great day. I remembered you were struggling yesterday.

knowlife

Yo Knowlife.... Well over here college isnt really about intelligence, more about money... But im sure you can do something you're passionate about..
Im in a simialr situation as u... im going to be 30 soon... but not really doing what i love... Im not in a min. wage job.. but over here where I live, you'd laugh when u hear how little I make..

Anyway, what do you want to do? If u could goto college? What would u take up??

thats the thing. i have zero passion. im pretty terrible at everything. except making a bowl of cereal. i can make the worlds best bowl of cereal.

lyricalliaisons

Very anxious and jittery. I heard a loud car going down the street earlier and it scared me so bad that I screamed like I was the victim in a horror movie, about to be killed.

Srijita52

I just got back from dinner and a movie with two of my best friends. Had lots of fun.
That's great! I'm happy for you. :)
Very anxious and jittery. I heard a loud car going down the street earlier and it scared me so bad that I screamed like I was the victim in a horror movie, about to be killed.
I'm sorry, I hope you'll be okay.

I'm glad you're having a good day.

bcsr

I had a pretty interesting day. Ate some strawberries at work and ended up with an anaphylactic reaction to something. (I'm not allergic to strawberries, eat them all the time)

I've had a reaction to something like this before, face swells up, I got welts/rash all over my body, really hard to breath. I told my supervisor I needed to go to ER, I was just going to drive myself, but they convinced me to let them call an ambulance in case I quit breathing/went into shock on the way there. I already could barely swallow.

So, ya, that was pretty embarrassing, had to ride out on a stretcher in front of everyone, lol. I still think I shoulda drove myself, says something about how messed up your fears are with social anxiety. Worried more about being embarrassed than dying of anaphylaxis.

Srijita52

I had a pretty interesting day. Ate some strawberries at work and ended up with an anaphylactic reaction to something. (I'm not allergic to strawberries, eat them all the time)

I've had a reaction to something like this before, face swells up, I got welts/rash all over my body, really hard to breath. I told my supervisor I needed to go to ER, I was just going to drive myself, but they convinced me to let them call an ambulance in case I quit breathing/went into shock on the way there. I already could barely swallow.

So, ya, that was pretty embarrassing, had to ride out on a stretcher in front of everyone, lol. I still think I shoulda drove myself, says something about how messed up your fears are with social anxiety. Worried more about being embarrassed than dying of anaphylaxis.
Oh that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

MikeyC

Damn, that's crazy! At least your feeling alright and got the assistance you needed.