How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

Ugggghhhh I know how it feels to wait on others for rides. That's been me the past month. It's soooooo annoying
^ I know, tell me about it! Actually I've been doing this for the last 3 years and now that all of my family is working, it's getting REALLY old. When I turned 16, I didn't even jump at getting my permit like everyone else was because I didn't care. I finally got it after I turned 17, but slacked on getting my license because once I started driving, my SA just made it worse. Despite everyone telling me to hurry up, I didn't listen and now I'm pretty much paying the price. I'm much better with driving this year than I was last, but it still makes me super nervous. I REALLY want/need to get my license this year though, and I'm gonna try to do that no matter what the heck it takes. I'll take it a dozen times over as long as I can get it.

MikeyC

We're all behind you on getting your licence, Phoenixx! I find driving to be quite calming, personally, especially long, highway driving. I wish I could actually jump in the car and drive across the country.

lonely_drummer

I'm with Mikey on that one. Driving is very calming for me too but it's usually cuz the only time I drive is out to the country or the mountains, it's great. But I'm in the same boat now, my lisence is on hiatus for the next year which is pretty disappointing.

Phoenixx

We're all behind you on getting your licence, Phoenixx! I find driving to be quite calming, personally, especially long, highway driving. I wish I could actually jump in the car and drive across the country.
^ Thanks Mikey. :) Yeah I have yet to reach that complete calm feeling. With the backroads around here, they're really not so bad since I'm usually the only one on the road, with maybe an occasional car or two. When I'm on the road with a bunch of other drivers, that's when I get really nervous and slightly panicky. Either way, I don't enjoy driving much though, as I actually find it kind of boring lol. Who knows, maybe I'll change once I'm on my own.

MikeyC

^ Thanks Mikey. :) Yeah I have yet to reach that complete calm feeling. With the backroads around here, they're really not so bad since I'm usually the only one on the road, with maybe an occasional car or two. When I'm on the road with a bunch of other drivers, that's when I get really nervous and slightly panicky. Either way, I don't enjoy driving much though, as I actually find it kind of boring lol. Who knows, maybe I'll change once I'm on my own.
Driving on your own is a lot better, but that's just me. Hopefully you don't get so panicky once you get more experience under your belt. :)

KiaKaha

Banned
I feel like a lot of people on this forum tend to overthink things. Including me, of course.

I am definitely guilty of this... but I think I prefer it that way, even if it is a demon. I think over thinking things is better than not thinking about them enough, because that leads to complacency and indifference, and I dont like that feeling. - perhaps more of a balance is needed

KiaKaha

Banned
^ Awesome! I completely understand. Sometimes even the most simple and kindest of gestures someone does can make my day.

This is good. It should happen more often to you. :)

That's great Kia. :)

Hey thanks everyone - Seriously you have *NO* idea - how much of a huge difference this makes to my mood and my life. It momentarily lifts the black cloud I constantly have over my head. It was nice. :)

Srijita52

Hey thanks everyone - Seriously you have *NO* idea - how much of a huge difference this makes to my mood and my life. It momentarily lifts the black cloud I constantly have over my head. It was nice. :)

I hope such things happen more Kia, you deserve to be happy. :)

1BlackSheep

See, there are still some good people out there! They're just few and far between. Glad you came across one of 'em! :)

MsBuzzkillington

I find driving on highways painstakingly boring (when I am taking a long road trip). I can see it being calming if only for an hour or two... but when I am out in the middle of no where and there is nothing to distract me, after about 5 hours of being on the highway I want to poke my eyes out.

MrJones

What's wrong?
I just feel bad, I'm not sure. I was going to take a shower and then breakfast and then leave... but I just couldn't. I can't explain.

Then my mother woke up and talked to me about a person she saw on the news and what happened to her, and how she has it so much worse than me and how so many people have it so much worse than me and yet they smile and they are happy and how I have everything I could want, a big house, stability in life and a caring family, yet I feel how I feel. That certainly did not make me feel any better.

MikeyC

Feel so ugly~ ::(:
I'm sorry, and welcome to the forum.

I just feel bad, I'm not sure. I was going to take a shower and then breakfast and then leave... but I just couldn't. I can't explain.

Then my mother woke up and talked to me about a person she saw on the news and what happened to her, and how she has it so much worse than me and how so many people have it so much worse than me and yet they smile and they are happy and how I have everything I could want, a big house, stability in life and a caring family, yet I feel how I feel. That certainly did not make me feel any better.
Sorry to hear that, mate. Your mum telling you all that obviously won't make it better. It's just going to make you feel worse because she's belittling your issues. We all have our problems and I bet your mother has her own issues, too.

You know how to reach me if you need to.