How are you feeling?

THE FOLLOWING IS A RANT SPONSORED BY SUPERFLUOUSLYME:

I just got back from my mother's cousin's funeral. I hate funerals in general because I'm not a religious person, but I try to respect whatever faith they followed. I even recited the serenity prayer and all the passages we were asked to. I did that for her because it was a part of who she was. I have no problem with that. But this preacher/minister/father/I-don't-know-the-difference was an absolute pill. I tend to think of funerals as a way to celebrate the person who has passed. Instead, he focused on how she sinned, but because she believed in "Jeysus" (that's how he kept saying it) and the cross, she was absolved of her sins and allowed into heaven. What the blankety blank blank blank are you talking about? There was no talk of what she did with her life or about her family (she was married 60 years and had 2 sons and 3 grandsons). Instead, it was, "yeah, your family member was a sinner, but Jeysus saved her because she believed!" I didn't even know this woman very well (I think I've met her one or two times in my life), but I was absolutely pissed off.

RANT OVER.

Thank you for the kind words about my new cat. She is a sweetheart. She loves to have her belly rubbed and will play with any toy that has a feather on it. After much debate, I have decided to name her Ziggy. None of the other names I liked fit and nothing else has jumped out at me so far. I'm cool with Ziggy, except that I keep wanting to call her Zooey, which was my last kitten who died during surgery.

Here is Zig, wondering why I am bothering her when she wants to sleep.
tumblr_ma0g8hEEXO1qgvsbto2_r1_1280.jpg

And here is our other cat, Mouse, wondering who the **** the new kid is. (She's my little mustachioed baby.)
tumblr_ma0g8hEEXO1qgvsbto1_r2_1280.jpg

Okay, enough about the cats.

Last edited:
I felt awful after getting off work today. I work nights and we had to rush to finish setting up part of the store. I was trying to help one of the guys with something, but he was really stressed out and just yelled "get off me!" I stared at him blankly and just walked away, but I felt like **** and could have punched him out right there without remorse. It ruined my morning.

I feel better now, though. I'm pretty sure he's got problems of his own, because he's been working nights there for 12 years. Don't ask me how he's lasted that long acting like an angry 14-year-old all the time. I do know he's never been promoted and his life is clearly going nowhere fast.

There is no need for you to feel awful, if he was being nasty when you where only trying to help him, then he is the one in the wrong.
If he did not want help, he should have told you in a normal tone of voice. Don't take his anger personally, being under stress does not give anyone the right to treat co-workers with disrespect.

I have the flu real bad.
*is trying to get over how expensive flu medicines are here* :(

I am feeling very paranoid about my physical appearance right now. I usually do anyway, but sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's more manageable. I use substances to cope (nothing too bad, just alcohol occasionally, sometimes Nyquil, and sometimes... something I can't mention here but is a green color). It gets my mind off it. I haven't found anything else that works besides avoiding mirrors or getting really into an activity.

I think I'm hopeless.

I'm sorry, I wish I had something positive to say.

At least it's nice outside. It rained today, it was nice. It made me want French Onion soup.

Srijita52

You're a star, Srijita, and I promise you're anything but worthless. :)
Thank you, that means a lot. :)
Thank you for your encouragement.

Also, Srijita listen closely. Everything from your kindness and generousity to the way other forum members respect and care for your wellbeing shows me that you are FAR from worthless. You are one of SPW's MVPs and like GraybeardGhost mentioned, a star.

I know a little something about being worthless and I don't think you fit the description.
Thank you. :)
Oh geez I relate to you all. I could make a sentence out all of your words. I'm sorry that you all have to feel that way though. You all are just too awesome. Dear comrades, keep fighting this horrible darkness.
Thanks Beleza, you're pretty awesome too. :)
You're all pretty cool and that's just how it is.
Thank you and same goes for you.

Kinda ticked off. I woke up with a intense itch in my foot and arm. It was actually the itch that woke me up. Something bit me, and I have no idea what.. There were lumps but they're almost gone. It was one of those itches that feel borderline painful.

One of the many reasons I loath parasitic insects.

AGR

I can see why people go on a shooting spree,I mean most people suck,I am not a saint,but at least I regret when I do bad things,try to not do it again,I would really like to bash someones face with a hammer and be done with this right now,how can someone be so cruel?
It wasnt even with me and as usual girls love him,people love him,dont fire him, I dont understand,someone like this can do whatever he wants and get away with,and if someone goes there and bashes this ****er they will still get punished.

MikeyC

I just got back from my mother's cousin's funeral. I hate funerals in general because I'm not a religious person, but I try to respect whatever faith they followed. I even recited the serenity prayer and all the passages we were asked to. I did that for her because it was a part of who she was. I have no problem with that. But this preacher/minister/father/I-don't-know-the-difference was an absolute pill. I tend to think of funerals as a way to celebrate the person who has passed. Instead, he focused on how she sinned, but because she believed in "Jeysus" (that's how he kept saying it) and the cross, she was absolved of her sins and allowed into heaven. What the blankety blank blank blank are you talking about? There was no talk of what she did with her life or about her family (she was married 60 years and had 2 sons and 3 grandsons). Instead, it was, "yeah, your family member was a sinner, but Jeysus saved her because she believed!" I didn't even know this woman very well (I think I've met her one or two times in my life), but I was absolutely pissed off.
Funerals should be a celebration of the deceased's life, not a diatribe of how much they've sinned and such. If that was the case, priests would run away from my funeral! I understand your anger, as it's probably not a proper way to farewell someone.

I have the flu real bad.
Aw, I'm sorry. *gives BlueDays imaginary soup*

I am feeling very paranoid about my physical appearance right now. I usually do anyway, but sometimes it's worse, sometimes it's more manageable. I use substances to cope (nothing too bad, just alcohol occasionally, sometimes Nyquil, and sometimes... something I can't mention here but is a green color). It gets my mind off it. I haven't found anything else that works besides avoiding mirrors or getting really into an activity.

I think I'm hopeless.

I'm sorry, I wish I had something positive to say.
I still think you're quite attractive, but I know these are just words and don't really do much for you, but that's still how I feel.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Truth be told, I'm utterly fed-up with having to please people all the freakin' time. Part of me, personally, couldnae give a flyin' f**k about being social sometimes. Havin' tae f***in' ingratiate yerself with boring people all the time. People who'll have ye bored s**tless!

smiley_bored.gif

I mean, I'll pretend tae fake an interest in stuff I couldnae care less about. But honestly, in ma head, I'm saying tae myself: Ach, just f**k off, would ye?! - but ya can't say that, can ya? And, is it so f***in' wrong tae be someone who doesnae talk much?

Sorry, just had tae get that thought out ma head.

Starry

^^ I know how you feel Graeme... People seem to feel more like that when they're feeling worse generally.... I hope you feel better soon. :)

Feeling fat and fed-up. *Sigh*

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
^^ I know how you feel Graeme... People seem to feel more like that when they're feeling worse generally.... I hope you feel better soon. :)

I'm feelin' a bit better now that I've vented ma thoughts. But I hope you feel better yerself, Starry.

Sylvain

It's so sad to think i'm gonna spend my stupid life alone =(
*&!# fear. I can't make friends. I just dont connect. It does not work!
I had a gf 2 years ago. A MIRACLE! And i had to break everything =,(
It's not going to happen again...
I'm already old... Time for that is running out. Sigh...
It's just that girls scares me so much.
I think in the end it's just a fear of rejection.
But knowing the source of the problem doesnt help a bit.
I'm always so self conscious. Fearing so much to look like a fool. Because of that i cant have fun anymore. I never do.
This kind of life is just so sad...
I know i am not alone living that.
I wish we were not that way.
Good luck to you all

JuiceB

I didn't wanna wake up this morning. With weekdays I have no choice because I need to work to pay the bills. I'm more depressed when waking up on non-work days because it's like I'm waking up to nothing.
::(:

Srijita52

It's so sad to think i'm gonna spend my stupid life alone =(
*&!# fear. I can't make friends. I just dont connect. It does not work!
I had a gf 2 years ago. A MIRACLE! And i had to break everything =,(
It's not going to happen again...
I'm already old... Time for that is running out. Sigh...
It's just that girls scares me so much.
I think in the end it's just a fear of rejection.
But knowing the source of the problem doesnt help a bit.
I'm always so self conscious. Fearing so much to look like a fool. Because of that i cant have fun anymore. I never do.
This kind of life is just so sad...
I know i am not alone living that.
I wish we were not that way.
Good luck to you all

I'm sorry, I understand the fear of rejection but I guess the only way of overcoming this fear is to face it. I know its definitely not easy though. Maybe just keep trying despite of feeling self conscious, I hope things get better.

Srijita52

Truth be told, I'm utterly fed-up with having to please people all the freakin' time. Part of me, personally, couldnae give a flyin' f**k about being social sometimes. Havin' tae f***in' ingratiate yerself with boring people all the time. People who'll have ye bored s**tless!

smiley_bored.gif

I mean, I'll pretend tae fake an interest in stuff I couldnae care less about. But honestly, in ma head, I'm saying tae myself: Ach, just f**k off, would ye?! - but ya can't say that, can ya? And, is it so f***in' wrong tae be someone who doesnae talk much?

Sorry, just had tae get that thought out ma head.

I hope both of you feel better soon. *hugs*
I have the flu real bad.
Get well soon BlueDays. :)