How are you feeling?

ImNotMyIllness

I am frustrated. Just frustrated. I have cabin fever but I live in a city and I wish that wasn't so. I want to walk in the grass and trees, with other people, I want to be busy and get more exercise. Being stuck in this house is really really bad for the mind, my emotions are all out of whack :(

I've tried to get out more in this town, but people here are so unfriendly and the environment SUCKS. Yes I have to get out and meet people and I can't blame it all on them - I know that. But they're still quite unfriendly. I mean no one even smiles when they're walking by you on the sidewalk anymore. If I had the courage I'd do it anyway, even if I got weird/cold looks.

Oh well, it'll pass. I just wish I would hurry up and feel better. Ugh.

Opaline. Force yourself to do something. I wanted to swim but didn't want to take my shirt off at the gym but I did anyway and was happy. The best experiences in your life will come when you, live! Staying at home, will just mess with your mind. Maybe see a movie. Or, use meetup.com

planemo

I need sleep. but i hate going to bed. i'm alone with nothing to do but think about negative things until i fall asleep. oh, joy... :thumbdown:

Lamb

I don't.. know. Hair dye job gone awry. Intended on a dark brown which resulted in black. :question: Look like a pastey yellow raggedy ann doll. I want it out but I hate having to damage my hair more. Oh well, at least curls are still intact.

this_portrait

Surprised. I'm surprised that I'm still awake despite waking up at 1 in the morning and not sleeping since. This whole b/s with insomnia lately makes me wonder if I'm experiencing hypomania.

Kiwong

A guy pushed ahead of me in the auto check out.

"Go on push right ahead," I said

"I was standing there," he replied.

"No you weren't," I said.

"You're a strange person," he said.

It was a test of my patience, I said nothing in reply , and just smiled. I won.

Xervello

Feeling uber-antisocial lately. I just wanna sleep all day. It takes having to muster up energy just to log in here and read posts. I've got a bunch of e-mails I should reply to but I don't wanna. I don't feel like chatting. Don't feel like writing. Or even listening to music. Hopefully it's just a temporary lull like my usual funks.

Phoenixx

I don't.. know. Hair dye job gone awry. Intended on a dark brown which resulted in black. :question: Look like a pastey yellow raggedy ann doll. I want it out but I hate having to damage my hair more. Oh well, at least curls are still intact.
^ Any way you could at least fade the color with shampoo? I've never had this problem before, but I hear shampoo can at least fade it a bit. Maybe try that if you're up to it?

I'm feeling a bit tired. Slightly disappointed too that tomorrow is Monday. It's supposed to be icy tomorrow morning, but I can guarantee I'll still have classes. That means I'll have to leave early since it'll be a slow ride. Awesome.

On another note, I was looking at therapy again today. I actually found a different therapist office in my college city than what I was looking at, and this one I know exactly where it is. I had no idea it was even a therapist office, there's no sign out front just the address. It's a house converted into a therapy office, which I like because it looks so comforting on the inside. According to their site they also accept my insurance too, but I still don't know where that would leave me with cost. I think I'll be calling them sometime this week when I'm free and left alone. I'm still very afraid of taking this step, especially since I haven't even mentioned to anyone, "Hey I think I really need therapy." But then again how can you when no one really listens? I guess I just need to shout it out directly rather than dancing around words trying to get it out ever so cautiously.

coyote

On another note, I was looking at therapy again today. I actually found a different therapist office in my college city than what I was looking at, and this one I know exactly where it is. I had no idea it was even a therapist office, there's no sign out front just the address. It's a house converted into a therapy office, which I like because it looks so comforting on the inside. According to their site they also accept my insurance too, but I still don't know where that would leave me with cost. I think I'll be calling them sometime this week when I'm free and left alone. I'm still very afraid of taking this step, especially since I haven't even mentioned to anyone, "Hey I think I really need therapy." But then again how can you when no one really listens? I guess I just need to shout it out directly rather than dancing around words trying to get it out ever so cautiously.

great step!

you're an adult now - you have to do what you know is good for you, despite what your family is prepared to accept

good luck!

MikeyC

"Go on push right ahead," I said

"I was standing there," he replied.

"No you weren't," I said.

"You're a strange person," he said.

It was a test of my patience, I said nothing in reply , and just smiled. I won.
Why would he just push in? Calling you a "strange person" for being caught breaking the rules is an odd choice.

Semi-related, but I love the self-serve checkouts. :D

Feeling uber-antisocial lately. I just wanna sleep all day. It takes having to muster up energy just to log in here and read posts. I've got a bunch of e-mails I should reply to but I don't wanna. I don't feel like chatting. Don't feel like writing. Or even listening to music. Hopefully it's just a temporary lull like my usual funks.
I hope you feel better soon, man! I get those feelings, too, and they suck even more because you don't want to do anything.

You don't have to shout anything. My mum found out by accident when I signed up for therapy. I hope this one works out for you. :thumbup:

MikeyC

Oh so you do have those over there already? Wow you guys are getting all high-tech on us. Those are ours!

(kidding, I don't even know who invented them. But yeah they're pretty cool.)
You've probably had those since the 80's, but they've been phasing them in here over the last 5 years or so now. Poaching America's technology for the win. :giggle:

Phoenixx

You don't have to shout anything. My mum found out by accident when I signed up for therapy. I hope this one works out for you. :thumbup:
^ Oh I bet that was awkward! No, I'd rather my parents didn't find out "accidently." I would really like to tell them myself, but... I don't know. Coming with that comes the feeling of guilt and anger. Guilty that I can't say much of anything yet angry that they don't take the time to listen once I do try. Ah well, I'll figure it out.

Thanks, Mikey!

great step!

you're an adult now - you have to do what you know is good for you, despite what your family is prepared to accept

good luck!
^ Thanks to you too, coyote!

coyote

people are already weird using those things anyway - apparently no one knows how to do anything for themselves anymore

they act like they've never seen a barcode or a scanner before - d'uh... they've been around for like 40 years

it shows you how few people have ever worked a retail job themselves

i like the auto check-out - i just don't like having to wait for other people to use it

sorry for the rant

MikeyC

^ Oh I bet that was awkward! No, I'd rather my parents didn't find out "accidently." I would really like to tell them myself, but... I don't know. Coming with that comes the feeling of guilt and anger. Guilty that I can't say much of anything yet angry that they don't take the time to listen once I do try. Ah well, I'll figure it out.

Thanks, Mikey!
I understand your reservations about revealing this to your parents, which is exactly what I had. I didn't know how they would react, and my mum was worse than my dad. The thing is: This is your choice, not theirs, and I'm sure they would support you. :)

Ideally, I would've wanted to tell them directly, but that was not the case. I'm positive you'll be fine. :)