How are you feeling?

Starry

My head is killing me, I feel ill and the blasted neighbours keep banging something - don't know what - sounds like cupboard doors... But it's driving me mad! Well that and people... But people always drive me mad...

GraybeardGhost

Frustrated. Too many emotions and I can't express them

I'm sorry, what's wrong?

Everything, but i'm to blame. :(

You're to blame? For everything? :eek:

I always figured there was someone like that out there, but I sincerely doubt that it's you.

I understand what you mean about having too many emotions and being unable to express them. It's like all three Stooges trying to go through a doorway at once: they get stuck and no one gets through. Maybe if you try to tell us a little bit at a time, it will be easier.

Meanwhile, have one of these: :)

Lamb

You're to blame? For everything? :eek:

I always figured there was someone like that out there, but I sincerely doubt that it's you.

I understand what you mean about having too many emotions and being unable to express them. It's like all three Stooges trying to go through a doorway at once: they get stuck and no one gets through. Maybe if you try to tell us a little bit at a time, it will be easier.

Meanwhile, have one of these: :)

Hah, well I meant in regards to my issues. I feel incredibly stuck and have been for 3 years. Anxiety and lack of focus are preventing me from doing anything, specifically school things. How will I ever make it through a pre-med route if I can't manage this? I won't. It's one of my biggest desires and still it's not enough to push me. I've started therapy but literally just begun. It feels like it's not going to help me fast enough.

My spouse completed this route (studying for mcats now) and has a good life currently. I can't turn to him anymore with my crap because he has his own agenda to manage. To be honest, i don't really want to. I've exhausted my resources there anyway. It's only a matter of time before one of us ends up pushing the other away. My anxiety and depression will be the cause of this in the long run. Which makes sense; who wants to be around someone that just adds stress to their life?

I don't know where to turn anymore. Each passing day that goes by freaks me out. Time is slipping away, I've gotten nowhere. Nothing to show for it, and it's pathetic.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I don't know where to turn anymore. Each passing day that goes by freaks me out. Time is slipping away, I've gotten nowhere. Nothing to show for it, and it's pathetic.
I'm sorry you feel this way, Lamb. ::(: Time has a funny way of fixing issues, and hopefully it will for you, too.

this_portrait

I feel okay. I wish I was at home right now, but I don't mind being here for these extracurricular activities. At least it's not raining ice like it was last night.

Xervello

I know you don't wanna screw up his life, or your life, Lamb, but you're struggling here. You need help. You can continue living how you are and see where that takes you, you can hit bottom, or you can rely on him/others to get you through this. None of those are ideal options. But you're not in an ideal situation, and they are options nonetheless. You have to do what you need to do for yourself, despite whatever grief/disorder/burden that may bring. You're worth it. As I'm sure the people who know you would agree. Just don't give up, Lamb. You still have your whole life ahead of you. Regardless of whatever detours you take.

Last edited:

Lamb

I know you don't wanna screw up his life, or your life, Lamb, but you're struggling here. You need help. You can continue living how you are and see where that takes you, you can hit bottom, or you can rely on him/others to get you through this. None of those are ideal options. But you're not in an ideal situation, and they are options nonetheless. You have to do what you need to do for yourself, despite whatever grief/disorder/burden that may bring. You're worth it. As I'm sure the people who know you would agree. Just don't give up, Lamb. You still have your whole life ahead of you. Regardless of whatever detours you take.

:crying:

If I had to choose from those three options it'd be the third, as much as I oppose it. Next attempt is medication but I've been having a hard time booking an appt with a psychiatrist that isn't a 1-2 month wait. I can't wait that long, and god knows I'm trying here. If i express to my therapist that I'm having suicidal thoughts, would that speed up the process, and would they keep it on record?

And thank you, MikeyC.

Last edited:

Srijita52

I'm sorry lamb, I understand how you feel stuck, but I'm sure you can go through this. Usually therapy needs a little while to work and I think it'd be better if you express your thoughts. It won't be easy but I hope everything works out, stay strong.
upset and angry. what else is new
What's wrong christa?
I'm a wee bit better, just tryin' tae keep depressive thoughts fae overwhelmin' me.
I'm glad Graeme, don't let those thoughts get to you.

Xervello

:crying:

If I had to choose from those three options it'd be the third, as much as I oppose it. Next attempt is medication but I've been having a hard time booking an appt with a psychiatrist that isn't a 1-2 month wait. I can't wait that long, and god knows I'm trying here. If i express to my therapist that I'm having suicidal thoughts, would that speed up the process, and would they keep it on record?

I don't know if it'll speed things up, Lamb, but if you're thinking those things you should tell your therapist regardless. Don't hold back.

Alright.

Looking forward to my second day of training tomorrow, and my friend is coming over and staying the night. Friday I find out my permanent store. I'm hoping against hope that I get 30 hours a week, or if not that I can increase my hours to 30 after a couple weeks. I REALLY need 30 hours (even 35 would be great, but I doubt I'd get that many).

So far so good.

Xervello

Alright.

Looking forward to my second day of training tomorrow, and my friend is coming over and staying the night. Friday I find out my permanent store. I'm hoping against hope that I get 30 hours a week, or if not that I can increase my hours to 30 after a couple weeks. I REALLY need 30 hours (even 35 would be great, but I doubt I'd get that many).

So far so good.

Cool beans, Op. Hope you get your 30. Or 35. :thumbup:

Flanscho

Bad. Sitting at work in the company where I will be only working for one more month. I feel like an outcast or a loser, despite knowing that I haven't done anything wrong or performed badly at work.

Srijita52

Bad. Sitting at work in the company where I will be only working for one more month. I feel like an outcast or a loser, despite knowing that I haven't done anything wrong or performed badly at work.

Exactly, you've done nothing wrong and you're not a loser. I can understand why you're feeling bad though, hang in there.