How are you feeling?

BlueWeepingRose

Right now I feel very tired and worn out. A little while ago I was crying and after I'm done posting on this board I think I'm going to go to bed. I got a message when I got on here from someone telling me to not talk to them anymore cause they felt ignored when I was talking to them on Skype. I got a phone call and completely forget to tell them on Skype that I gotten an important phone call from someone. Now I feel bad about that... :(

Feel like a horrible person....

shyflower

Finally been getting some sleep at night instead of staying up for 3 or 4 hours during the night every night worrying.. I think this is a positive sign. I became interested in dancing and the exercise has been good for me both physically and emotionally..YES!

MollyBeGood

Pissed! Can't wait to call the blanking mechanic in the morning and tell him that since they fixed the front end of the car, the battery is being drained by the head lights when you step on the brakes. Great. Some electrical mess or we need a new alternator. Just gave them a grand, too.

Pissed! Can't wait to call the blanking mechanic in the morning and tell him that since they fixed the front end of the car, the battery is being drained by the head lights when you step on the brakes. Great. Some electrical mess or we need a new alternator. Just gave them a grand, too.

With car running, hold a screwdriver behind the alternator where the circular thingy is in the middle. Does it feel magnetized? If not, it needs a new alternator ASAP.

MollyBeGood

With car running, hold a screwdriver behind the alternator where the circular thingy is in the middle. Does it feel magnetized? If not, it needs a new alternator ASAP.

Ok thanks for the tip! :)

Do you think this is what they do at the shops to get more money out of you-aka new alternator? I hear they can de-magnetize them easily. Or is this paranoia? Just coincidence? I like this shop too they have been good to me in the past, so I hate to think that is the case. We just had it worked on though and now this happens.

Ok thanks for the tip! :)

Do you think this is what they do at the shops to get more money out of you-aka new alternator? I hear they can de-magnetize them easily. Or is this paranoia? Just coincidence? I like this shop too they have been good to me in the past, so I hate to think that is the case. We just had it worked on though and now this happens.

Not at all. That's an old trick hardly nobody uses anymore. Make sure both battery cables are clean and tight and the alternator wires are secure. I've had stuff just come loose before and the vehicle act funny. Then try the screwdriver trick. Just watch the fan/fan belt/alternator fan and pulley. Any of those things will hurt you.

Basically your alternator, when working correctly, is a big electromagnet. So that's why it would stick a screwdriver or something. Try to find a rusted one to use because stainless or stainless coated ain't as apt to do the magnet dance as good.

MollyBeGood

Basically your alternator, when working correctly, is a big electromagnet. So that's why it would stick a screwdriver or something. Try to find a rusted one to use because stainless or stainless coated ain't as apt to do the magnet dance as good.

Thanks again JC! rusty it is. Probably find one of those around here.

Wish my Dad was still around -he was a car nut and worked on them, engines, taking them apart and putting them back together.

springk

I am feeling toooooo lazy to go outside and buy stuff. I want to go out but I feel more comfy and sad surfing internet mindlessly.

Awful, just awful.
^:sad: will a hug help, Hellhound? ((((((HUGS))))))
(PM me if you need to talk)

Well I am to see a new psychologist (for the 4th time in my life) in 3 weeks.
Fourth time lucky, huh? :idontknow:
If this one goes on about CBT being a perfect cure for everything SP related (as a one size fits all remedy), and tell me I just have to try harder, that there is a fault with ME that is making it not work, I think I will have to strangle her, while screaming "been there done that, lady".:eek:h:

(not literally, it is just a figure of speech:bigsmile:)