How are you feeling?

S_Spartan

I used to take prescribed medication. First they tried me on different dosages of Synthroid. You usually have to get blood tests done every 3 months. I did that for years and then for a few more years the doctor put me on a combination of Synthroid and Armour thyroid. I was still getting the ups and downs from the medicine. I was originally diagnosed with Hypothyroidism ( Hashimotos) which is really hard to control because of the thyroid still being active yet elevating levels keep going up and down. I notice when I am in a slump, exercise helps to gain my energy, but days that I am feeling bad sometimes I just can't get the motivation to do anything. I have been trying natural herbal supplements for it now. They seem to help as much as any medicine has.. which is close to nothing, but I do not see the point of spending useless money on a doctor who cannot cure me and tired of throwing money away.

Don't blame you for being tired of the medical/medicine run around. They don't fix you but take your money anyway.

I can relate to the ups and slumps.

A friend of mine has thyroid issues for which he takes medication. I mentioned to him that I was cold all the time and he said he was also and it was his thyroid causing that but the meds cleared it up.

I don't feel like getting into meds. Like you, I exercise which does help for a while.

Kiwong

Tired. A really hectic two weeks for me. Workshop submissions, clean ups, renovations, opening my world to my sister, and to cleaners and handy men. Today a trip to Sydney to see my third psychologist. I made some huge strides, tonight I sleep in a clean unit for the first time in 10 years, I can sleep peacefully and not feel ashamed of how I live.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Utterly miserable, broke down and cried for the first time in ages. :sad:

But then again, ah huv tae tolerate a narcissist parent who treats me like crap and projects her bitterness ontae me. No rhyme or reason for this - other than usual "man-hating feminist" spiel, but y'know... Got tae respect yer parents, don't ya? As well as self-centred siblings who seem tae think they know what's best for me.

I've been having a strong desire to dump out the pills into my garbage can while an angry sounding song is playing as I do it, but they are supposed to help, so I'm trying to distract myself from the side effects and keep up the hope that this is the worst of it.
^ 3 months is an extremely long time to put your whole body through antibiotic treatment.:sad:
If you do decide to continue with it, make sure you take some Vitamin B Complex supplements regularly throughout the 3 months.:thumbup:

shyflower

Got insomnia again, here it is 11:41PM and I am sitting in the bed watching the clock again. I have to get some sleep. I have to go grocery shopping with my Mom tomorrow, one of us needs to be half alert. It's gonna have to be me because she claims she is feeling loopsy in her head again. It won't be a pleasant trip .. and guess what it's senior discount day at the grocery store tomorrow.. Lovely. :rolleyes:

Got insomnia again, here it is 11:41PM and I am sitting in the bed watching the clock again. I have to get some sleep. I have to go grocery shopping with my Mom tomorrow, one of us needs to be half alert. It's gonna have to be me because she claims she is feeling loopsy in her head again. It won't be a pleasant trip .. and guess what it's senior discount day at the grocery store tomorrow.. Lovely. :rolleyes:

I don't know what's worse, insomnia .... or geezer day at the grocery store? :confused: I'm gonna say insomnia. You can avoid old people to an extent. Its just the nosey ones that i can't stand.

shyflower

I don't know what's worse, insomnia .... or geezer day at the grocery store? :confused: I'm gonna say insomnia. You can avoid old people to an extent. Its just the nosey ones that i can't stand.

I just can't avoid grumpy old people.. if I am grumpy from lack of sleep myself..you mean,, Did you get married yet? I get so tired of that question when people ask me that. I think I wanna say " Hell NO!" :eek:mg:

springk

Lost ...I don't know what to think anymore. May be I over analyse life. I always read this, the reason for sadness is our desires. The tendency to always want things you don't have and not be grateful and happy with things you do have results in dissatisfaction. If this is correct then , yeah I have a lot of work to do because I am so much dissatisfied with everything related to me. And most importantly get rid of all those unrealistic desires.

Graeme1988

Depressed, and suicidal.

Finding it difficult tae cope with everything. Depression. Anxiety. Ma physically disability. Life in general...

It's becomin' more difficult fur me tae open up aboot ma issues because, whenever ah do that, I am usually met with anger, hostility and shoulder-shrugging indifference. It appears ma family suck at empathy - and they wonder why ah'm so anxious around them.

Ah cannae keep runnin' fae ma problems - no pun intended, there.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Depressed, and suicidal.

Finding it difficult tae cope with everything. Depression. Anxiety. Ma physically disability. Life in general...

It's becomin' more difficult fur me tae open up aboot ma issues because, whenever ah do that, I am usually met with anger, hostility and shoulder-shrugging indifference. It appears ma family suck at empathy - and they wonder why ah'm so anxious around them.

Mate, if your family doesn't understand (or doesn't want to understand) ..well, that's gotta make things tough for you. Is there anyone else that you can talk to?
In any case, we're always here for you *man hug*

Graeme1988

Mate, if your family doesn't understand (or doesn't want to understand) ..well, that's gotta make things tough for you. Is there anyone else that you can talk to?

Not really... Ah could gan back tae ma therapist. But when ah tried tae open up aboot ma overprotective, dysfunctional upbringing by posin' the question of whether how ma family treated me in the past is contributin' factor tae ma anxiety and depression. She telt me, rather dismissively, that... And this is a verbatim quote: "...just because they treated you badly doesn't mean they don't love you". Ah don't know whit that implies, like - ah brung it on masel'? :idontknow: But it's nonetheless interestin'

In any case, we're always here for you *man hug*

Thank you.
heartshape.gif

Lavinialuna

Depressed, and suicidal.

I am always here if you need to talk. I know that sometimes no amount of talking even does any good, but I'm here. So many people in here care about you. Hang in there, treat yourself with kindness. Don't expect too much from yourself today. I truly hope you feel better.