How are you feeling?

^it sounds like what they did to civilians in Boston during the hunt for the marathon bombers. They raided a ton of homes, just barged in and went through peoples houses with out search warrants. Some say it was a trial to see how the public will react when a police state is enacted on the public in the coming yr. Technically they have no right to enter your home here with out a warrant and probable cause. They would have been shot at for doing that where I live which is why they try that stuff on people in cities.

Somebody kicks down my door without hollering "police" or knocking and having a search warrant or announcing anything but just kick down my door.... they better have bullet proof vests on...

GraybeardGhost

Somebody kicks down my door without hollering "police" or knocking and having a search warrant or announcing anything but just kick down my door.... they better have bullet proof vests on...

They do have bullet-proof vests . . . and machine guns.

Place your bets.

Kiwong

In April, there was a noise complaint in my bock of units, apparently they were coming to visit me! Three police in a paddy wagon pulled up as I was walking back from the service station. I told them there was a guy in another unit was screaming at the top of lungs each morning. They looked at me suspiciously. They said they thought the noise was from my unit or another.

My place was a mess, I was ashamed to let anyone inside, I thought they might take Lenny away from me. They went to the other unit, and the screaming guy needed an ambulance. I didn't sleep for a couple of nights, the thought of losing Lenny was too much.

Now my sister has helped me clean up, I can sleep much better. If someone came to visit, I'd take them on a tour.

Last edited:

Lavinialuna

Glad you got your place squared away for your own piece of mind :)

Seems like the police think they are military now.
Don't think me terrible, but I never read a single article about Ferguson. I just didn't want to hear the negative. I know I should know what went down, but I just didn't want to get into it... but what I did read was the headlines and everyone talking about the militarization of the police. Even in my very small town, the cavalry shows up for just about everything and they are all wearing vests, etc. What the hell ever happened to Barney Fife?

I think the authorities might have gone over the top. It turns out only one person was arrested, after raids by 100s of police, with helicopters, police dogs and full tactical response gear. There are those who believe this is a tactic by the Government to deflect attention from other issues such as their unpopular budget. I accept the need for heightened security at Public events, but not the level that this has been taken to: a witch hunt and scaremongering.

I agree that there is an element of the government playing their fear cards over all of this including the deployment of troops overseas, and that Mr PM seems to be trying to prove to the world that he has big ones, but the bottom line is that the police had been listening in and had acted on good information that a radical group connected to IS were very close to carrying out a plot to abduct and video the execution of a random person. I believe the method and force the police used for this case was appropriate given the situation

MikeyC

^ Very glad I don't live in a big city today.
The pic of the huge sword in the police evidence bag freaked me out. The police said that was one weapon they were planning on using.:sad:

This world is so screwed. :eek:h:

I am feeling scared to go to a big shopping centre now.:sad:
See, I've been to Sydney innumerable times and I can't remember a specific time I've felt threatened or in danger, and this includes Friday/Saturday nights in Kings Cross.

Don't be afraid of big shopping centres - the chances of anything happening is minute. :thumbup:

MikeyC

My place was a mess, I was ashamed to let anyone inside, I thought they might take Lenny away from me. They went to the other unit, and the screaming guy needed an ambulance. I didn't sleep for a couple of nights, the thought of losing Lenny was too much.

Now my sister has helped me clean up, I can sleep much better. If someone came to visit, I'd take them on a tour.
I'm coming over for that tour. :thumbup:

MikeyC

I'm feeling very good. I have scheduled an appointment for my psychologist in December - a three month break from any sessions because I'm doing much better now than I was when I started going in November, 2011. How my world has changed for the better. :)

Kiwong

I'm feeling very good. I have scheduled an appointment for my psychologist in December - a three month break from any sessions because I'm doing much better now than I was when I started going in November, 2011. How my world has changed for the better. :)

:thumbup: ==

Kiwong

Pathways Through The Maze: National Hoarding and Squalor Conference 2014 | Responsive Medical Health WordPress Theme

I heard about this conference on ABC radio yesterday. My neighbour asked me if I was a hoarder. I told him no, I am more of a hermit. Certainly it could said that I lived in clutter and squalor. I think I was low on the hoarding and clutter scale, but moderately to very dirty. I needed minor to moderate maintenance to laundry, kitchen and bathroom.

http://squalorandhoarding.catholicc...rvices-and-resources/rubbish-removal-services

I note there is nothing for the north coast where I live. A lot of what is said is about intervention perhaps more info should be provided for those looking for help. Fortunately my sister was able to help.

Last edited:
^Well YAY! Good to read your life is getting better, Mikey.:) It is always uplifting to read when good things happen to really great people who deserve it!:thumbup:

Hell yeah, you'll get the all inclusive, bells and whistles option.
Um....if your going to include "bells and whistles" may I purchase a ticket for your tour too, Kiwong!? :bigsmile:

Last edited:

springk

That is good Mikey . Its great that therapy worked for you :)