How are you feeling?

this_portrait

Head still has a minor ache from bawling my eyes out all day and night. Managed to eat something, but it was a bit much for my stomach (not as bad as last night, though).

I'm trying my damndest to not burst into tears again. I'm trying to convince myself that maybe I'm not being ignored, maybe something's up, but at the same time I don't wanna get my hopes up (so I just assume the worst).

I need to get on a new antidepressant...

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
How are you feeling?

Like blowing this world up, save the planet and animals, but the humans need to go.

No wait.. we are special and unique ???

I am so confused! Save me Jebus! *massive eye roll*

You'll make baby jeebus cry... :giggle::bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
No one ever gets it, and I don't know how to explain. It's so hard to talk about. Photographs . . . reality . . . the camera doesn't always capture the whole truth. If you could meet me in person and see what I see, I think you'd understand.

Fair enough... Ye might huv a point there aboot tha camera. Ah wus only tryin' tae empathize with ye, though. Wus'nae huv a go at ye or take ma angry oot on you.

Sorry if it came across like that to you. :sad: Ah don't know whit else to say... :idontknow:

Nanita

No one ever gets it, and I don't know how to explain. It's so hard to talk about. Photographs . . . reality . . . the camera doesn't always capture the whole truth. If you could meet me in person and see what I see, I think you'd understand.

I feel like a mirror doesn't tell the truth though. And neither does a photograph. I don't even think any of us can really see how we look when we are out and about, how we look to other people. I think we look better and more "normal" than what we see in the mirror or in a photo.
But yeah I know how it feels to look in the mirror and think "Wow, I'm UGLY, I look weird, I can't believe how my face changed into this shit??".

I felt so very inadequate today,I have a lot of work to do, feels insurmountable. My professor has said he thinks anyone over 25 is wasting their time doing the course. Doubts creep in sometimes like today and then the fact that none of the over 25s who started it with me are still there.

I have to keep reminding myself, I just have to put the time in. If you don't know how to do something, it feels like the hardest thing in the world regardless of what it is. When I was 7, I was told we were moving and I was being sent to a new school. I couldn't read and I didn't know the alphabet. I was terrified that my new teacher and the kids in my class would find out and laugh at me. I was worried I would get in trouble for being stupid. I thought the alphabet was the hardest thing in the world.

I spent all summer practicing sounding letters and trying to read and eventually I got the hang of it before school started. When I got to the new school, I was so out of place. The other kids were so smart and dressed so smart, sounded so smart. I had a different accent, my clothes were hand-me-downs and I felt stupid all the time. I was waaay behind in all these things I didn't even know I was behind in but I knew my alphabet so well :D hahaha I could say it so fast (still can :p)

Today I felt like I was reliving all this. The other kids are all smarter and Im out of place. Im drowning in work, no sooner do I submit one thing than another one is due. Surrounded by all these alphabet mountains.. but I dont have a whole summer, I just have coffee...and I've spent too long typing this got to go do work.

this_portrait

The last thing I wanna do is get up and shower and cram some last minute studying in. Or go to class, for that matter. My Wellbutrin prescription can't be ready soon enough... I just hope it works.

Graeme1988

Is it really that time already? Jeez-oh!

Just got woken by ma mum from tha living room couch to find that it's five-thirty and ah've no hud ma tea yet. And for me that's very late.

But the only thing am wonderin' is: "What time wus it when ah dozed off?" Cuz ah seriously cannae remember. Must've been a long kip, cuz ah only remember it being sunny ootside afore lying doon.

In other word, I am totally fatigued and knackered due the amount of extra effort ah need tse pit intae movin' about since this surgery. Take a lot outta ya, so it does.

GraybeardGhost

Fair enough... Ye might huv a point there aboot tha camera. Ah wus only tryin' tae empathize with ye, though. Wus'nae huv a go at ye or take ma angry oot on you.

Sorry if it came across like that to you. :sad: Ah don't know whit else to say... :idontknow:

I understand, Graeme, and I apologize for taking my frustration out on you. It's just that your post hit a nerve right at the core of my SA issues, kind of a tender spot. No offense taken or intended, my friend. :perfect:

Graeme1988

I understand, Graeme, and I apologize for taking my frustration out on you. It's just that your post hit a nerve right at the core of my SA issues, kind of a tender spot. No offense taken or intended, my friend. :perfect:

Aww, it's BDD, innit? Ah feel like right gobshite for not realising til ye mentioned the camera and if we met for real. :kickingmyself: :eek:mg: Nae need to apologies for venting yer frustration on me. If anything, ah deserved you ragin' at me for how ma post came across. It was a bit brutal. Sorry that ah triggered an issue at the core of SA,

But ah can relate to feelin' insecure of my appearance. It's a factor in my SA as well. Having experience racism due to being mixed race, most of my life. Even as an adult.
Still am glad yer no offended or anythin'. :thumbup: The last thing ah want to do here is cause too much drama.

Graeme1988

Also, Graybeard, dinnae be scared tae f***in' make me aware when ah've said summit that got to ye. As ye have just done. Just cuz am fae Scotland and ma avatar is a reference tae that. It doesnae mean when confronted aboot summiit ah said oan here am gonnae response pittin' tha blame on you, swear at ye or anythin' like that. Which ah could do, but am no that kinda fella.

Plus, that kinda behaviour wouldnae help matters.

Anyway, aw tha best, pal. Take care. Sorry again. Ah know we've aw got our issues & insecurities on here. Ah'll be a bit mair, eh, considerate aboot how ah phrase ma posts in future. :thumbup:

anomicdeer

Had a great day today. Finally got to take the driving road test and passed. I even got a call from somebody for a phone interview and have a face to face interview with them tomorrow.

I got to have dinner with my friends family but because I'm so shy ot made me feel bad.

When I got home I cried. I HATE being shy!

this_portrait

I feel a tad better right now, but maybe that's just because I have an Rx for Wellbutrin waiting for me that I'm picking up tomorrow morning. I hope it works and makes life and dealing with people more bearable (and doesn't make me seem crazier than I already am).

SoScared

Had a great day today. Finally got to take the driving road test and passed. I even got a call from somebody for a phone interview and have a face to face interview with them tomorrow.

I got to have dinner with my friends family but because I'm so shy ot made me feel bad.

When I got home I cried. I HATE being shy!

Passed the driving test. :perfect:

Graeme1988

Don't particularly like myself at the moment. In fact, ah f***in' hate masel'! Think am a completely c**t - unlikeable, dour.... Just f***in' miserable.

Oh, ma mum bein' tha "Stupid. Idiot. C**t" as she's now nicknamed herself - there's somebuddy who loves themselves, huh?! Also, that nickname would be a great name if ye were every to do a stand-up comedy show durin' the Edinburgh Festival. Or just the poster alone... :bigsmile:

But she's just be her usually toxic, negative, self. Makes me appreciate when the nurses an physiotherapist pay me a visit cuz they're actually smiling, upbeat folk. The only time ah ever smile, except when watchin' ma favourite comedy series or comedian.

Oh, and summit odd happened the day, when ma mum went for the "messages" - in other words, to the supermarket. The nurse who's huvin a quick visit to give me daily injection to prevent blood clots in ma legs forn the last month, lets herself in - as she'd be told to that first week.

Since ah cannae exactly answer the door due to the plaster casts hindering ma general mobility at the moment. Anyway, she knocks on the front door, enter tha house and goes:

"Hullo! Anybuddy home? Mr. Kanu, are ye there?" There's a short pause as ah realise that am gonnae huv tae raise ma voice a bit mair than usual here. Just enough, she hears me. But not too loud... That it scares tha shite outta her.

"Aye, am here in the livin' room - just that door oan yer right, there. "

^ Ah know that might seem trivial to y'all. But for a shy, introverted, quiet self-conscious wee man like me, that's quite an achievement in itself, especially with ma voice.

Don't ye just wish ah could be as matter of fact an tae tha point as tha rest of fellow anxious folk? At least, you're posts are a few sentences and yer f***in' done. Must be that Scottish storyteller in me? We dinnae half blether when we git goin'... Sorry. :giggle:

Graeme1988

Sick of being f***ed with. My mum has been nuthun' but a dour, miserable bitch since ah got home from hospital after have 3 hours worth of orthopedic surgery on ma legs. Not a single positive word has been uttered by her since she visited me in hospital.

Then she has the nerve to manipulate me further by makin' me feel bad when ah telt her:

"If ah didnae ask fur it, ah don't want it."

Sorry if that makes me a bad person. Then she say she's only tryin' to help, which is fine. Just don't force things ah don't want upon me. How many f***in' time do ah huv to say: "No, ah don't want that" an just have it be accepted that ah dinnae want it, withoot me being made to feel guilty for seeming ungrateful. Am no tryin' to be difficult here.