How are you feeling?

...how the **** does anyone do this. Im exhausted and Im about half way through exams. I start questioning if Im cut out for it because it just feels so impossibly hard right now. Im operating at this insane level all the ****ing time just to try and scrape through. Maybe Im too old to be trying to do this now or maybe its me and I was never cut out for it. My professor said nobody over the age of 25 should bother doing the course.

Im going to hold off on these thoughts til it's over. Its a bad idea to question life choices in the midst of the nine circles of hell...

I will re assess when its over....

Last edited:

grapevine

Staring in the face of optimism and dreaming and planning and pondering. Also hyped up from caffeine in the chocolate I ate- @ its 1:30 in the morning.. but hey I want to try and sustain this- lets make that pinboard of goals and dreams and positive understandings Ive been putting off for months.

...how the **** does anyone do this. Im exhausted and Im about half way through exams. I start questioning if Im cut out for it because it just feels so impossibly hard right now. Im operating at this insane level all the ****ing time just to try and scrape through. Maybe Im too old to be trying to do this now or maybe its me and I was never cut out for it. My professor said nobody over the age of 25 should bother doing the course.

Im going to hold off on these thoughts til it's over. Its a bad idea to question life choices in the midst of the nine circles of hell...

Do you work as well? And are you going for your Phd? I'm just finishing my Bachelor's - in ENGLISH - and I'm finding just doing that while working part-time is a nightmare. And then my family wants me to go to grad school, and it sounds like... hell, yep.

Not to make it about me, though. I'm wondering what factors are making it difficult for you, unless it's just the course itself that is that difficult.

defiance

Wake up and again I try my hardest to be positive and what not. It just doesn't work. Only misery. Let's start the day I guess:sad:

Louco

Burning. Everyday. The drugs I take for my mental issues destroyed my digestive tract, so I spend half of my day with maddening heartburns and abdominal pain. There's yet another drug I take for that to make it less intense but my mother doesn't care much about that and I'm often without it.

MollyBeGood

Burning. Everyday. The drugs I take for my mental issues destroyed my digestive tract, so I spend half of my day with maddening heartburns and abdominal pain. There's yet another drug I take for that to make it less intense but my mother doesn't care much about that and I'm often without it.

i have been having problems with stress related GI issues. I think I have a peptic ulcer actually pretty sure I do but.... I really am getting into natural medicine and I have been taking 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper in 8oz glass of water once a day and it helps a ton!

it really a powerful plant. Pretty cool!

maybe that will help you, too?

Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper

Dr. John Christopher, the famed natural herbalist, was persecuted relentlessly by the government for his practice of herbal medicine all the while assisting patients in curing heart disease, cancer, tuberculosis, infertility, rheumatism, leukemia, and every other incurable under the sun.

One of his greatest stories in his long career was how he could instantly stop a heart attack if he could get the patient to drink a glass of warm Capsicum water. He said, "A teaspoon of cayenne should bring the patient out of the heart attack."

Louco

Hmm... I think you should be careful about that Molly, this guy sounds dangerous...

I had an uncle who controlled his diabetes for 20 years with only herbs and teas, so I know how a natural approach can be a very good and even more pleasant alternative to drugs and their side effects, but it's also necessary to know its limits. My uncle had a long and healthy life, never going blind or even losing his vigor, because he knew the benefits of his teas but also what they couldn't do for him.

I will take a look into the benefits of the red pepper, but that little thing is actually in the top ten list to avoid if you have chronic heartburn, and I really think you shouldn't be taking it for treating what could be an ulcer. :S

Kiwong

Cold turkey- if I can give up my Pepsi Max habit it will be one of the biggest achievements of my life. Caffiene is a bad drug to become addicted to.

S_Spartan

Cold turkey- if I can give up my Pepsi Max habit it will be one of the biggest achievements of my life. Caffiene is a bad drug to become addicted to.
I miss caffeine greatly but I can do it no more. It messes with my system too much.
Ironically I can handle hard liquor better than I can caffeine, go figure.
At least with alcohol you get your buzz and it goes away leaving you relaxed whereas caffeine would come back on my many hours later and I would be climbing the walls.

Kind of interestng that the drugs that help people work are legal and freely available whereas the ones that relax you or space you out for a while are either controlled or illegal. Coincidence? I think not!

Last edited:

Kiwong

I miss caffeine greatly but I can do it no more. It messes with my system too much.
Ironically I can handle hard liquor better than I can caffeine, go figure.
At least with alcohol you get your buzz and it goes away leaving you relaxed whereas caffeine would come back on my many hours later and I would be climbing the walls.

Kind of interestng that the drugs that help people work are legal and freely available whereas the ones that relax you or space you out for a while are either controlled or illegal. Coincidence? I think not!

Yes, It is interesting that big vested interests get away with selling products that do as much damage as other 'illicit' drugs. They want to turn us all into pliable fluffy balls on Prozac or Zoloft.

I've been trying to give up or reduce caffeine for quite a while now. It is no coincidence that my panic disorder and worse anxiety is correlated with caffeine consumption.

Megaten

Why would your professor say that? o_O

hoddesdon

What course is it?

Louco

I think they make it extra addicting in the soft drink somehow... When I have a Pepsi or Coke, I usually want another the next day, but I don't feel this with coffee itself...

Louco

It's actually the word c i a l i s. It's the name of a drug for erectile dysfunction.

Maybe the forum had trouble with spammers trying to sell it around here? The forum admin should take it off though, it also makes it difficult to talk about so******m. :p

I can't hear the Jurassic Park theme music without feeling pretty much overcome by nostalgia. Other movie themes are nostalgic but for some reason, Jurassic Park gets me in a way the others don't :p I feel like a kid again

defiance

Had to fight back the tears the last 2 days. All I wanted to do was cry. What has my life become?:crying::kickingmyself:

Concep

I don't know but I guess I'm kind of tired, sometimes I truly believed that I won't miss much if...well...
I came to realize among other things that my family is very toxic but somehow I can't leave them. These days have been awful, I'm supposed to be writing and finishing my thesis but nobody knows that I haven't even started. why am I blocking myself? shouldn't I be happy to graduate and maybe begin another path? why am I so depressed all the time if my life could be really worse?.