How are you feeling?

defiance

When will a miracle arrive? This broken mind cannot withstand too much more of this. All I do is fantasize about hanging myself, shooting myself pretty much all day. Pretty soon these fantasies will become a reality. The clock is ticking.

S_Spartan

Wow, people are awful. Sometimes you think you may have found someone who isn't awful and who you really click with only to find out that they are also awful. It's so much fun!

Phoenixx

Pretty darn good. On Fall break so I can finally do things I want like sleeping and watching tv. I really want a life balanced between having something to do but still having free time. When I wasnt in class I was depressed because I had too much free time, lately Ive been down because I have no free time.
^ This has been my problem all year. I thought for sure I'd feel good having a part-time job and going to school part-time because I'd still have time to do the things I want/like to do. Nope, not a chance. For 2 years I was depressed off and on because I had too much free time, and now I'm depressed and anxious because I have very little free time and I'm always exhausted. It sucks and I really don't see a way around it. :sad:

GraybeardGhost

I thought I was having a good afternoon for a change, but now I can feel myself sliding back into the usual depression. I wonder if it has something to do with light. This time of day, the sun drops down behind a stand of pines near my apartment, which dramatically alters the amount and quality of light coming in my windows. It's like a semi-twilight for an hour or two before the sun actually sets. It's also when the depression really latches on and drags me down. Could be a connection, I suppose. Whatever the cause, I've got the funk now, and I'm not even close to finishing everything I wanted to do today. Ain't gonna happen now, folks, that's for sure, and that makes me feel even more depressed.

Kiwong

Have had severe back pain the last week or so. Yesterday I finished up in the back of an ambulance, they had to give me morphine so they could help me out of the armchair I'd slumped into. I dropped my shopping next to my car, and was in too much pain to pick it up again. During the worst of my pain I thought this must be something serious, maybe internal. At the worst of my pain, I saw all the faces of the people who seem to be so angry with me, and I thought that if this was the end at least I won't need to worry anymore. I said I'm coming home, I'll be seeing you soon Lenny.

Now that the morphine and Valium has worn off, and all the tests revealed it was back pain, nothing internal, I realise that I will have to face these angry people again, and the despair returns.

The good thing is my family is there for me, my Sister phoned me and helped me cancel some travel and accommodation I'd booked

Last edited:

hidwell

Have had severe back pain the last week or so. Yesterday I finished up in the back of an ambulance, they had to give me morphine so they could help me out of the armchair I'd slumped into. I dropped my shopping next to my car, and was in too much pain to pick it up again. During the worst of my pain I thought this must be something serious, maybe internal. At the worst of my pain, I saw all the faces of the people who seem to be so angry with me, and I thought that if this was the end at least I won't need to worry anymore. I said I'm coming home, I'll be seeing you soon Lenny.

Now that the morphine and Valium has worn off, and all the tests revealed it was back pain, nothing internal, I realise that I will have to face these angry people again, and the despair returns.

The good thing is my family is there for me, my Sister phoned me and helped me cancel some travel and accommodation I'd booked

I have been having problems with my lower back amongst other things, so I hope you have a speedy recovery Kiwong. :thumbup:

Kiwong

I have been having problems with my lower back amongst other things, so I hope you have a speedy recovery Kiwong. :thumbup:

Thanks Hidwell, up and about again. Bad backs are debilitating are they? Anxiety is enough to put up with.

hidwell

Thanks Hidwell, up and about again. Bad backs are debilitating are they? Anxiety is enough to put up with.

My acupuncturist told me my back problems are related to my neck which is a by product of poor posture, but another factor for me is my flat feet which aggravates my back. Glad to see your up and about again. :thumbup:

Kiwong

My acupuncturist told me my back problems are related to my neck which is a by product of poor posture, but another factor for me is my flat feet which aggravates my back. Glad to see your up and about again. :thumbup:

Posture is a problem sitting at a desk for years. I have flat feet too. Have you tried orthotics? They help me.

hidwell

Posture is a problem sitting at a desk for years. I have flat feet too. Have you tried orthotics? They help me.

I have been wearing orthotics for the past 5 years, but the last year they haven't been supporting my feet so I got a pair made molded to my feet and they have made a big difference. The man who did it is a one off a kind he is the only person I know of in Australia who makes his own orthotics, people come from interstate to get their orthotics from him.

Megaten

^ This has been my problem all year. I thought for sure I'd feel good having a part-time job and going to school part-time because I'd still have time to do the things I want/like to do. Nope, not a chance. For 2 years I was depressed off and on because I had too much free time, and now I'm depressed and anxious because I have very little free time and I'm always exhausted. It sucks and I really don't see a way around it. :sad:

Yeah just getting done with school and landing a job that isnt too consuming is the only way I see around it. I havent even graduated yet and people are asking me about my plans for further education. Im like jeez man. And yeah Im always tired too. Ive gotten horribly out of shape from spending all day sitting and I cant summon the energy to hit the gym. I suppose on the bright side at least Im not an insomniac anymore.

Kiwong

I have been wearing orthotics for the past 5 years, but the last year they haven't been supporting my feet so I got a pair made molded to my feet and they have made a big difference. The man who did it is a one off a kind he is the only person I know of in Australia who makes his own orthotics, people come from interstate to get their orthotics from him.

It's great when you find people like that who can help. Wish I could find someone like that who could help with my mind.

GraybeardGhost

Exhausted, just from taking a shower. No groceries for me today, I guess. How is a person supposed to live like this, and for how long? There's a lot I don't understand here, and maybe I never will. Maybe the universe likes to have its little joke at my expense, and I'm not supposed to get it. Whatever the joke, it's not funny anymore, and I want it to stop. I've had enough.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I almost walked to the front gate of my house yesterday without the use of my crutches. :eek:

Didnae feel quite brave enough, though. But with a bit of confidence I'll probably achieve it, given that it was my main goal to rely less upon my crutches over time. At least it's summit to tell my consultant surgeon next month.

Though, that said, I finally know why my family get so exhausted walking long distances...
Ma lower back is in agony fae walking so much. :bigsmile:
Still, to put that in perspective, the strain on my back was far worse before my operation.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
The usual... Another boring day. I go outside for a bit, wandered about ma depressingly dreary, wee hometown. Back home, to do sweet eff all. Except trying to plan out stuff that I'll like to do and get done afore next summer.

GraybeardGhost

I have a piece of plywood near me, and I want to grab it and bash myself over the head with it until I can't see anymore, so I'll never have to look at my face in a mirror again. That's how I'm feeling.

Struggling with my habits & ways & tendencies. Wasted the day - could have used the fine day better. Things aggravating me today; i don't know whether i prefer aggravation or depression; might have to keep an eye on my diet, esp chocolate/sugar/biscuits/junk intake, as they might be causing my aggro mood ... but on the other hand, perhaps it's just confronting of problems (instead of ignoring) that has caused the stress today.