How I cured my hyperhydrosis FOR FREE

PlaceboEffect

iDShaDoW said:
What about compensatory sweating?

Like how when people get ETS they'll start sweating on their abdomen or legs to make up for lack of sweating on their hands and feet.

I definitely think the tradeoff would be worth it since it seems more normal to sweat in those areas than excessively on the hands and feet.

Think it would be a good way to know what kind of compensatory or gustatory sweating one would get if they really had to go through with ETS and wanted to know what kind of adverse side effects they'd get after the ETS.

I haven't noticed any compensatory sweating.

It seems that iontophoresis doesn't have any symptoms connected to it's treatment of HH.

iDShaDoW

Nice, does anyone who has had good results with iontophoresis have any problems with sweating on the abdomen like stomach or back or legs have problems with sweating there after treating their hands and feet?

I used to not really sweat in those areas when I was younger but these days when my hands and feet start to sweat those areas can start to as well.

Wondering if the fact that my hands and feet might stop from iontophoresis, that those areas might follow suit and not sweat that much.

Think I'm gonna have to run to Home Depot or some stores to look for the parts to set one up for myself at home.

bukitimah

sorry I didn't read all the posts here but thought I should share how you can treat your sweaty palm for very little $.

You can build your own ionto machine for very little money. I have done it and it works! So sweaty palm isn't a problem now but it is not a cure. The machine simply control sweaty for max 6 days. At least that is what happening to me.

iDShaDoW

Managed to get all my stuff together and started today.

Is 20 mins each polarity for hands and then feet okay or is that too much?

I was using 3 6V Duracells.

Overall the stuff cost me like $40 for the wires, alligator clips, aluminum pans, and batteries.

I feel the initial shock and tingle when I put my feet or hands in but it tends to subside after awhile although I feel a sort of pressure on my hands which is obviously the current.

Should I up it to 24V so that I feel the constant tingle during the 20 minutes? Or is the other way fine?

Also, when you do your hands, do you just remove one when you're done then the other? I had my brother unclipping the pan which would then send a quick jolt through me although I'm guessing pulling one hand out would pretty much do the same thing.

My feet seem to be able to handle the initial shock from the 18V much better than my hands. Do you think doing 24V on the feet and 18V on the hands would be okay?

PlaceboEffect

I think that you'll do fine on 18V.

I did it for 10 minutes and then reversed the current. So 20 minutes for palms each treatment.

It's been shown that 20 minutes seems to be enough to produce fast results.

If you want to feel less of a shock put one palm in the water and then just one finger of another palm. And work your way in after that.

As for the tingling feeling, with me I only felt it for like a minute and then it became more like a feeling of pressure. So for me it worked even if I didn't feel it for the whole time. I don't know if it will do the same to you but there is a high chance it will. Do it everyday for the next 10 days. 20 minutes palms, 20 minutes feet.
If you want quick results you can do it once in morning and once before sleep. This way you'd probably get rid of HH in 5 days.

And when I'm finished with 10 minutes of one polarity I just pull my palms out.

I've never done iontophoresis on feet but I'd assume that the same current would be just fine.

Yea I did my first treatment today using two foil pie pans and 3 6V batteries. Still sweated after about an hour but I know that I can't expect to see results immediately. Will update in 5-10 days. Fingers crossed, with positive results.

PlaceboEffect

Good luck and post your observations through the treatment.

I wonder if you'll notice your hands sweating more through third and fourth day.

hydroman123

Hey, PlaceboEffect. Have you noticed a difference in the reduction of sweating in your hands. It's really odd- the response in my left is a whole lot better than my right. Could it be that I start with my left hand linked to the positive polarity prior to switching the leads? Also the tingling sensation is more marked on my left hand. Any thoughts?

iDShaDoW

Not sure what you can do. How long have you been doing it for?

I know it seems like the one that's in the pan connected to the negative (-) feels more pressure than the one in the positive (+).

Might just be me though.

PlaceboEffect

iDShaDoW, I can feel the same thing with my treatments but it doesn't seem to effect the dryness of my palm.

hydroman, can you please give me more information about the treatment?
For how long have you been doing it and have you already achieved 100% dryness with your other hand?

First thing that comes to mind would be to simply do two or three more treatments even when the other hand gets completely dry.
Also, you could try starting the treatment with negative polarity for a couple of treatments.

beckiboo

iDShaDoW said:
Nice, does anyone who has had good results with iontophoresis have any problems with sweating on the abdomen like stomach or back or legs have problems with sweating there after treating their hands and feet?

I used to not really sweat in those areas when I was younger but these days when my hands and feet start to sweat those areas can start to as well.

Wondering if the fact that my hands and feet might stop from iontophoresis, that those areas might follow suit and not sweat that much.

Think I'm gonna have to run to Home Depot or some stores to look for the parts to set one up for myself at home.

hey, notice you were curious about sweating in other areas, Ive been having a great deal of success with Ion. treatment and used to sweat on the back aswell when my hands and feet were at their worst too...IMO this was linked to the anxiety caused by my HH as I havent sweated on my back since my hands have been dry...

hydroman123

PlaceboEffect said:
hydroman, can you please give me more information about the treatment?
For how long have you been doing it and have you already achieved 100% dryness with your other hand?

First thing that comes to mind would be to simply do two or three more treatments even when the other hand gets completely dry.
Also, you could try starting the treatment with negative polarity for a couple of treatments.
I've been doing it for about two months. I'm using the Idrostar iontophoresis device, which is the same as what you've built except for a fancy box that tells you the amperage.
I use around 14mA( it goes up to around 17mA on its own during the course of treatment) for 15 minutes; then switch polarities and repeat the process. The current always feels stronger on my left hand and gets more intense when I switch polarities. I've used baking soda which did nothing except leave burns around the water line on my left hand.
My left hand is NOT at 100% - more like 80%, which is good enough. The other hand is at about 40%-50%. I'm right handed, which makes matters worse.
I thought of taking a break for two weeks and following your schedule. I'm a bit bummed out at the moment- nothing seems to work properly. Thanks for your replies by the way and please make any suggestions.

PlaceboEffect

beckiboo said:
hey, notice you were curious about sweating in other areas, Ive been having a great deal of success with Ion. treatment and used to sweat on the back aswell when my hands and feet were at their worst too...IMO this was linked to the anxiety caused by my HH as I havent sweated on my back since my hands have been dry...

Yes I've noticed the same thing. The palms are the main cause of embarrassment which causes anxiety which causes sweating. If you aren't concerned about palms the other areas won't sweat as much either.

hydroman123 said:
My left hand is NOT at 100% - more like 80%, which is good enough. The other hand is at about 40%-50%. I'm right handed, which makes matters worse.
I thought of taking a break for two weeks and following your schedule. I'm a bit bummed out at the moment- nothing seems to work properly. Thanks for your replies by the way and please make any suggestions.

No need to take a break. Just start doing it everyday until you achieve 100% dryness on both hands. If you start today you should have that happen in max. 5-6 days.
Also, if it's possible switch the polarity at the start of the treatment so that you'll start with the polarity that was usually the second in row and continue with the one which was first.

And it seems there is no need for the added soda.

iDShaDoW

Nice, glad to know that the sweating in other areas might go away cause they usually never do unless my hands and feet start first.

Just keep at it hydroman. I've read some people do take a LOT longer than others to achieve full effects.

If you're burning from the water line area put some vaseline around the parts that would be at the waterline.

If you can still feel the pressure or current without the baking soda don't use baking soda. It's not necessary. Only to be used by people whose water is too "soft" to conduct the current effectively as it strengthens the current.

Seems like by using it you're making the current too strong. I've read that you only need a little pinch of baking soda if even that.

hydroman123

iDShaDoW said:
If you can still feel the pressure or current without the baking soda don't use baking soda. It's not necessary. Only to be used by people whose water is too "soft" to conduct the current effectively as it strengthens the current.

Seems like by using it you're making the current too strong. I've read that you only need a little pinch of baking soda if even that.

Hey, iDShadow. You're probably right. I suppose I got a little carried away as soon as I saw the positive results. The burns are just starting to heal properly. I'll give it a little more time and restart the treatments.
How are your treatments going? Keep us informed.

iDShaDoW

Haha yea, if it's like burning your skin then that's probably way too much. They say you only need a tiny tiny pinch of baking soda.

I can understand though, I'll be very happy when/if I see some real results and can do activities and stuff and have it not trigger.

I've only done 2 days so far. About to do day 3 then go to sleep.

Will definitely keep you all updated as I see some results.

Good luck with yours too although you don't seem to need it as it's already starting to work for you. :p

hydroman123

Quick question, PlaceboEffect. Do you still get that awful prickling sensation just prior to your palms starting to sweat? After having a relatively good response following iontophoresis in my left hand I find that clammy, pins and needles type feeling which heralds sweating is now alot less. Have you noticed anything similar?

PlaceboEffect

hydroman yes I still get the tingling feeling as if my palms are going to start sweating and I usually automatically check them with my fingers, just that now they're always completely dry.

With me the feeling always felt like this funny tingling as if something was gently touching my palms. And it's actually funny that this feeling didn't go away with sweating.

As a side note, because I've kind of forgot to do iontophoresis my palms started sweating again after 21 days. So at least I've learned for how long do my palms stay completely dry if I stop doing iontophoresis.

Now I'm back to day 9 of treatment and my palms are 99% dry. One or two more treatments and maintenance phase here I come!

Day 5 and my palms are noticeably dryer, like 80%. :D
A few more and I'll be 100% hopefully.

For those of you who aren't sure, try this. It really works.

So what's the amount of sessions people have done to get 100% dry?

I'm on 6 now but I'm not 100%, although I'm happy with my progress. I'm mostly dry but occasionally I'll still sweat at like 50% what I used to. Like someone else said, I have noticed parts of my hand are always dry, which is encouraging.

I was wondering, should I amp it up by getting another 6V (currently using the same setup as on the video - so 18V) or just do another 6 treatments and see what happens?