How I cured my hyperhydrosis FOR FREE

PlaceboEffect

ShakingHands said:
So what's the amount of sessions people have done to get 100% dry?

I'm on 6 now but I'm not 100%, although I'm happy with my progress. I'm mostly dry but occasionally I'll still sweat at like 50% what I used to. Like someone else said, I have noticed parts of my hand are always dry, which is encouraging.

I was wondering, should I amp it up by getting another 6V (currently using the same setup as on the video - so 18V) or just do another 6 treatments and see what happens?

You'll most probably get 100% dry on 10th or 11th treatment.

However if you think it's appropriate you can up the voltage a bit.

I just do 10-12 sessions to get 100% dry and then just continue to do maintenance treatments once every 2 weeks.

hydroman123

Can anyone explain this? After burning my hands by overdoing iontophoresis, I decided to take a two week break. Its day 12 and I haven't sweat at all since I stopped the treatments. The weather has been cool lately- so I thought the decreased sweating was due to this. Even my fingertips (which were dripping when I stopped the treatments) are now largely dry. Today was a typically awful day for my hyperhidrosis (hot and humid), but I was around 90% dry.
My main problem is, should I restart the treatments? Will it all go to hell again? I know theres no absolute answer but any feedback would be appreciated.

iDShaDoW

If your hands are still dry, don't restart the treatments as in doing 10 days worth of treatment back to back.

You still need to do maintenance treatments (maybe once or twice a week) or you'll have to start all over from the beginning.

rambo87

Hello, this is my first post after silently reading alot here! And I'm so excited that there is hope for us!

So I just did this treatment first time some minutes ago on my hands (as how shannon youtube video showed), but i have a problem:

I use only 12V with some salt in the water. Despite this fact it tingles too much boardering on pain for me! I really have trouble standing out the 10min on each polarity! Right now I'm doing my feet and it sticks my feet really bad!

Shannon mentioned that 12V probably won't do any good, so I'm really afraid, do i really have to up the volts even though it kinda hurt already? Im planning on a treatment everyday for 10-15sessions as suggested and then maintence treatments.

Also the batteries i have are 2x12V motorcycle batteries (but as mentioned i use only one of them, so if i use two of them it would be 24V double the pain! Help!)

edit: oh by the way, I have so much water that it covers my whole hand, same with the feet. Maybe thats is why it hurts? Should have i so little water it only contact my palms or the face of my underfeet?

iDShaDoW

Motorcycle batteries? That stuff might put out a bit more milliAmps than you should be using.

Plus the salt will increase the conductivity of the current in the water.

You should look for the 6V ones. They're called Lantern Batteries.

Question: Do you all change the water after you finish your hands and then do your feet? Or do you just keep the same water?

rambo87

I sent mr shannon an email and he replied the very next day. he told me to go ahead and try 24V because it probably wouldnt hurt as much as i had imagined... and he was right, it wasnt actually any difference to the 12V tingle :?
(i did not, however, add any salt with 24V)

So yesterday was my 3rd session and im so excited! and im also aware of those 6V batteries but i figured out that those arent rechargable like the motorcycle ones :p

In my case i dont change the water, i just do it 10min on each polarity on my hands then i carefully place them on the floor and do my feets. doing the hands is really a pain, you just have to sit there for like 20-25 min...
but the feet are ok, it tingles less and you can do stuff like read the newspaper or flip channels on the tv!

iDShaDoW

Haha yea, the hands are definitely a bigger pain to do.

I tend to feel the current more with my hands, plus I can't scratch my nose or shoulder or whatever if something starts itching.

PlaceboEffect

I did an experiment with my feet and I did iontophoresis 3 times per day.

It worked and after 3 days I'm 90% dry. I'd probably need 3 more sessions (1 more day at this rate) to be completely dry, but I'll only do 2 more because I've noticed that I don't like my palms if they are 100% dry.

The only difference is that now as I was doing 3 sessions the skin on the feet became more sensitive to iontophoresis and at times I felt as if they were in relatively hot water even though I am using cold water.

So because of that I advise against doing it 3 times per day unless it's really urgent.
2 times per day is max.

iDShaDoW said:
I tend to feel the current more with my hands, plus I can't scratch my nose or shoulder or whatever if something starts itching.

You can just pull the hand out of the water, scratch yourself and put it back in. I always keep a towel close just for cases like that.

Also, sometimes my muscles will start contracting out of nowhere and I'll have to pull my palms/feet out of water and put them right back in.

rambo87 said:
edit: oh by the way, I have so much water that it covers my whole hand, same with the feet. Maybe thats is why it hurts? Should have i so little water it only contact my palms or the face of my underfeet?

You put in as much water to cover the parts of skin where you want to get rid of sweating. If, for example, you wouldn't put one of your fingers in water it would continue to sweat even though your palm was technically in water.
My palms sometimes sweat on the back too, the same with feet and this is why I always use enough water to cover my whole palms/feet.

iDShaDoW

Seems to be working. I only managed to get in about 5 or 6 days worth of treament over the span of 7 or 8 days though.

Yesterday was driving a friend to court, it was really hot outside and fairly humid which normally kicks in the HH. I could feel the sweat coming on but managed to keep it going fullblown. I mainly felt a bit of sweat on my fingertips.

My chest and back were sweating a bit though. Also my arms and legs were a little too. Love how my armpits weren't even sweating noticeably compared to my back lol.

Going to go to the beach in a week and a half or so before the summer ends so I'm gonna try and do hands once a day and feet twice a day and see what kind of results I get for when I go out in the sun and try and tan my pale ass (this computer monitor tan isn't cutting it anymore lol).

rambo87

ive noticed that my back and butt sweat now... i think that it used to sweat before, but all my attention were on my hands and feet!! so now when i begin to sweat, its not my hand and feet, and therefore i feel it on my back and partially my butt (yeah sounds funny lol...).

iDShaDoW

Yea I noticed the sweat on my forearms more than before. Not like dripping like my hands and feet might but I had a thin layer of sweat on them which dried off pretty fast if I stuck an arm out the car window or went inside where there's A/C.

hyperxtechie

This is working for me. I'm so happy! My hands are pretty dry now after about the 8th session. Does anyone know how long these lantern batteries last until we need to buy new ones? Also, since this is working for me, I'm thinking about purchasing one of the real ion devices. Anyone know where to get one w/o a prescription? Thanks.....

Aramid

I have generalized hyperhidrosis and the worst par is my face. It would help a bit if I tried it on my hands but it is imossible on the scalp and face. The true test of an effective hyperhidrosis treatment is testing it on the face while maintaining a good skin integrity. It would take years for someone to discover a good cure for hyperhidrosis. Maybe I am dead by that time but I still believe there's a good cure.

PlaceboEffect

Aramid this is a wild speculation but my guess would be that one could use some kind of sponges that were soaked in water and had a wires strapped on them. My guess is that low voltage would be needed for the skin on face (like 12V) and I'd guess it would be smarter to do it just once every few days.

I suggest you contact ShannonBowling on the youtube (he put the original videos on) because he seems to have the most experiences with iontophoresis.

Pro tip: Don't wait if you feel the sweat coming back, go and do another session. This way you won't get caught by surprise by your sweat.

iDShaDoW

I probably wouldn't advise iontophoresis for your face... The skin of the face is quite a bit more sensitive than other areas and you might cause some damage by doing so...

beckiboo

hey, the iontophoresis is a god-send to me, it really has started to change my life! but I have a couple of issues with it, firstly my hands get really itchy sometimes and ive got a few little scabs where ive scratched too much, it doesnt really bother me, I was wondering if anyone else got this?

and secondly, im finding it hard to get into a set routine with the 'top ups'. I do a treatment everyday for 7 days and my hands get dry on the 8th day when I stop treatment. then they can stay dry for up to a week, sometines 2 weeks, but as soon as I try to do a topup to combat it coming back the sweating comes back and I have to start all over again with the 7 days treatment in a row! Its almost like im reversing it...Its really hard to explain...any suggestions with this?

and lastly, does everyone start with the positive on the right and then switch to the positive on the left when reversing the polarity? that is how shannonbowling demonstrated it on the youtube vid...is this the correct way or does it not matter?

any help much appreciated! :D

PlaceboEffect

beckiboo, try using moistening cremes. I use one from Nivea which is especially designed for palms care.
I guess your skin is too dry and you get small cracks in it that can itch.
OR maybe it's a consequence of the iontophoresis so you can try lowering the voltage on treatments and doing it less often.

About the maintenance problems you're experiencing: Try doing 9 days of iontophoresis and then do one treatment once every 7 days. Please report back.

To be as effective as you can reverse the polarity after 10 minutes. This way each palm gets the same amount of "treatment".

Good luck