• Only when I'm really sad

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I mostly drink socially

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I don't drink, it's bad for you

Votes: 18 28.6%

• Total voters

coyote

On the advice of counsel, I wish to exercise my 5th Amendment right to refuse answering this question.

JamesSmith

I don't ever hang out with anyone so since I drink, I do drink by myself. I'd say I average about 2-3 nights a week of drunkenness. I haven't lately just because I've been short on cash.

SilverRain

I don't drink, never even tried it. There is also that thought that if you get drunk you may let your inhibitions go in public, that would probably traumatize me.
I agree, I feel exactly the same way. The furthest I've ever gone is a J2O. ::eek::

zaproffo

Drinking with people makes me function very well, it basically suppresses my anxiety.

I drink alone often, but only 1 drink a day usually, sometimes 2, just to enjoy it cause I really like wine and beer. I've never done the get drunk alone.

GoBlue72

To continue the discussion, I am close to drunk right now. I spent the first half of the night with friends, second half at places where I was alone when I arrived. I feel the alcohol doesn't solve anything, but does temporarily relieve me of anxiety over various issues. I would still sober up quickly in cases of extreme embarassment or anxiety, however it helps me feel closer to what others might describe as "normal"(less on edge). On the other hand, whenever I tried marijuana in the past, or had too much caffeine, I would get too anxious and aware of myself and my flaws.

whenever I tried marijuana in the past, or had too much caffeine, I would get too anxious and aware of myself and my flaws.

Oh yeah. Weed is the worst drug for me. Well that and any hallucinogens.
They make me paranoid beyond belief.
I can handle caffeine and enjoy the lift, but it's the crash that makes me paranoid. Much like the comedowns from other uppers.
Alcohol seems to be the perfect drug of choice. Well, muscle relaxers and other downers are great as well because they calm instead of making you go insane.

3lefts

If I were to do that, I'd end up crying an awful amount. That's what happened the last time, that and paint got everywhere.

Kiwong

If I were to do that, I'd end up crying an awful amount. That's what happened the last time, that and paint got everywhere.

3lefts the part with the paint could be very creative. Where you able to wash the paint off?

I rarely drink anymore. I've never enjoyed it. Last two times I got very drunk and I cried. 1994 (end of a work project), and 1987 (Bachelor and Spinsters Ball). Looking back I feel so foolish.

hoddesdon

Yay, "I don't drink, it's bad for you" is in the lead. That refers to the health aspects, presumably.

On top of that, it is a safety behaviour; it provides a temporary fix, thereby crowding out alternative action which may improve matters in an ongoing and reliable way.

hoddesdon

I think she means that she was either painting something, like a wall, or was painting a picture; not herself.

Last edited:

Mokkat

Yay, "I don't drink, it's bad for you" is in the lead. That refers to the health aspects, presumably.

On top of that, it is a safety behaviour; it provides a temporary fix, thereby crowding out alternative action which may improve matters in an ongoing and reliable way.

Drinking isn't bad for you, like fx smoking is. Alcohol is just another type of fuel our cells can use and fx there is antioxidants in wine.
Im studying nutrition.

Mentally I think it must be ones own business if one wants to drink. If you feel like it depresses you, or you have some experienced alcoholism or lesser abuse of it, on yourself or people around you, by all means refrain from drinking.
In Denmark alcohol is a big part of the culture. We start young and many adults enjoy beer and wine casually with friends or alone.

From personal experience I like getting drunk once in a while alone, regardless of the following day - it puts me in a better mood and any hangover is mostly physical ache. I know when Id had enough though, and quit if I feel myself being depressed or down after a couple of days doing it.

unleashed

everyday. does a video chatroom count as not alone :rolleyes: actually sometimes im even alone in my chatroom haha. i have a really nasty hangover today but im still considering drink a cold beer (alone). i really prefer to drink alone or online i think its safer than being in a bar.

Cynicalloner

I don't drink I seen family members drunk and just rather not be in that kind of situation it really makes no sense from my point of view.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Don't drink and type!

I used to drink more. Since I've been "training" ... not once. Although... I miss it... esp recently with bad social encounters meh. Stop tempting meeee.

Don't drink and type!

I used to drink more. Since I've been "training" ... not once. Although... I miss it... esp recently with bad social encounters meh. Stop tempting meeee.

All I can say is, if you didn't have vodka or rum while you were at the computer, your brain and compos mentis skills will not suffer everytime you sit in front of a computer.

Beer is fine <3.