• Only when I'm really sad

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • I mostly drink socially

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • I don't drink, it's bad for you

Votes: 18 28.6%

• Total voters

Hastings & Main

Used to be 2 beers and a shot or two of whiskey (Black Bush, mmmmm), or something mixed like ginger & Jack per night.
Until the roomie moved out, now I can only afford the one beer per diem. Sigh.

Going to a bar is more sociable, but I would probably be the guy in the corner either sulking into my glass or grinning like a goof at everyone. I'm a happy-drunk, tho', so socializing is more of a possibility.
Unfortunately, bottles of domestic, mass-produced (non-micro) beer usually go for 4-5 bucks each at a bar, shots for the same, and it is 2-5 times cheaper to just buy it and do it at home since a six-pack of glass is $10-12...

Deus_Ex_Lemur

"grinning like a goof at everyone." Awesome. I've done that. I'm a happy drunk too. Nice for social. But. I don't socialize often where we drink so yeah. =)

Seldomly one beery or small glass of fine scotch (Highland Park :D)but just for the pure pleasure of it. My father was an alcoholic till I was 16, and drinking allone I see as one symptom. I don't know, it wouldn't even come to my mind to fight sadness or other problems with alcohol.
I even try to reduce drinking in company, because I often face huge feelings of guilt on the mornings after.

Hottie

I only get drunk on my own before im heading out. I medicate with it. I dont see the point in drinking alone..maybe for a better sleep!
Plus i try to avoid drinking alone as i dont want to become a alcholic, because my mother was and i medicate with drink quite enough so im aware i may follow in her footsteps. I think if i drink alone that will only speed up the process.

aidan

i got absolutely smashed drunk last night, came home from work and bought a bottle of whiskey and went through 2 third's of it. feel like **** this morning haha

Steve23

Serious question. Has anyone gotten high/innebriated from cough syrup? I was prescribed some medicated cough syrup this past week for a nasty cold and have gotten just railed the past few times I've taken it. Like injecting red bull into my veins I kid you not. There are a few times when I've felt particularly down and ashamedly I've taken it to boost my mood. I've read that people can and do become addicted to it, and I can see why. My mood brightens considerably and I just feel plain giddy. :O

GoBlue72

I'm assing out right now. I went to a hockey game and paced myself(one beer per period). Sobered up on the ride home, went to the bar, started again and had a nightcap at home. All in all, a good night though. I don't blame alcohol: the cause of and solution to all of our problems, for anything. Met more people than usual. Take it for what you will.

LazyHermitCrab

Only when i'm really sad.. or just feel like it. About once every two months. Beer is good and has health benefits in moderation. It's better to drink a little instead of being super stressed out!

DanFC

Well I drink several times a week but I rarely get drunk, especially since I've formed an affinity to scotch, which is expensive XD But for a while, for like a year when I had some serious depression, I went through bottles of rum like a madman :-/