How would you rather live?

4myself

I've noticed a lot of people on the forums live at home with their parents (so do I) the difference seems to be that they enjoy it (I hate it!). So for curiosities sake would you rather live at home with family, in your own place with friends or in your own place by yourself?.

Sheeane

I live at home with my parents as well and I hate it. Even though there is the chance that I would isolate myself even more I do want to live by myself. I did it a few years back and I really enjoyed it. I feel more alone in a house full off people, than alone in a flat.

marki

I also hate living with my parents!! i swear i can't wait to live on my own!

I just don't have the monney yet.. :cry:

[/quote]

Sheeane

I live at home with my parents as well and I hate it. Even though there is the chance that I would isolate myself even more I do want to live by myself. I did it a few years back and I really enjoyed it. I feel more alone in a house full off people, than alone in a flat.

Boundless

I live at home with my mother,step father,sister and 2 brothers all younger than me and all drive me crazy at times :evil:

I would love a place of my own not sure how i would cope tho.

gSteve

I live with my parents, I like living with them plus its cheaper though sometime in the future I would like to move out. I don't know if I rather live on my own or with a flatmate. At the moment I can't afford it anyway.

IcanDoIt

i would love to live alone, but i still need to take care of my parents, so i think i will stay with them for good, even if it sucks..

LittleMissScareAll

I'd rather live on my own but it's IMPOSSIBLE unless I got my own place here(which would be pointless--why pay for my own place in a sucky place when I can live in the same sucky place for free and save my money?)...it's too expensive to live alone anywhere else. :cry: I'm just going to live in a cardboard box. :(

Boundless

LittleMissScareAll said:
I'd rather live on my own but it's IMPOSSIBLE unless I got my own place here(which would be pointless--why pay for my own place in a sucky place when I can live in the same sucky place for free and save my money?)...it's too expensive to live alone anywhere else. :cry: I'm just going to live in a cardboard box. :(

I know how your feel,where i live id hate to have a place of my own i dislike this city,and the better citys cost a fortune to live in :evil: ontop of that i dont actually work so i cant afford it anyway :x

Damn life sucks sometimes...

LittleMissScareAll

Boundless said:
LittleMissScareAll said:

I know how your feel,where i live id hate to have a place of my own i dislike this city,and the better citys cost a fortune to live in :evil: ontop of that i dont actually work so i cant afford it anyway :x

Damn life sucks sometimes...

Life always sucks :(

Boundless

LittleMissScareAll said:
Life always sucks :(

I was trying to think of something to combat that,but i cant think of any,as your right life does suck all the damn time.Cant think of a time where lifes been ok,think the only actual time i was slightly happy was when i was taken up to north scottland to live with my aunt after my pearants got divorced,and that was still a crappy time. :x

But at least up there i could make a fresh start,nobody new me there so i could remake who i was,worked ok for a while.Then my mother dragged me back down to lincoln into the same crap school filled with bullies that just loved beating on us quite types :|

just thinking about that makes me so angry.

black_mamba

4myself said:
So for curiosities sake would you rather live at home with family, in your own place with friends or in your own place by yourself?.

When I was 18 I was so desperate to leave home I did. But I only moved a few towns away. I lived pretty much on my own as it was a house share with another girl but she was rarely at home. My rent was, funnily enough, covered by my parents (embarrassed of that now looking back).
:oops:

It was a very depressing existance, but I needed it so badly. My main reason for going to university was getting away from living with my parents too. I just need my freedom so badly, and my parents suffocate it. Even when I visit them I can't stay more than a few days before I start getting miserable.

They have their own problems, like my mother is too selfless (she won't stop doing things for me!) and my father is so strict I have to keep my entire life at uni a secret, and he has temper issues.

If my parents were more relaxed, I'd definitely invite them to come and live with me near my uni. :D

Ossoso

I don't think living alone is all that it's crack up to be.I've been living alone sense i was 18 and its nothing but trouble.At least if you live with your parent you have some sort of security that you wont be force to live on the streets.Plus it would have to better then the cesspool I live in now.

ShadowCat

I like living with my parents. Also, if I moved (can't anytime soon, I'm too young), I'd have to move away from all of my beloved pets. I also like being at home because it makes me feel "younger." I don't really want to grow up, even though I'm already 14.

nerdgirl178

Shadowcat you are 14! okay I am jealous I wish I was 14 again ;)
I like living with my parents because I pay no rent.

4myself

Yep coldfury, it is hard to live alone, I have done it before, I love it in the day but at night it can get a bit creepy. I had a great situation a while ago, I was living with my brother and my best friend sharing a flat, we were all working and because we worked we didnt spend a lot of time together and when we did we were all friends anyway so it was cool. But I cant afford to move out of home at the moment, rent is rather expensive so I just keep reminding myself of the fact that I dont have to pay rent and there is a fridge full of food. it still bites though!.

need to get out

I suffer from social phobia and it has taken alot away from me. but I think god that Iam healthy enough to take control of my life. If you dont have the money to get your own place thats fine but if you are too scared to leave your parents house for fear of whatever you are never going to expirence life. You only live once so dont spend a good majority of your time hating yourself and blaming the people around you for being such dick heads. people are mean and dont understand what it feels like to feel all alone and have this shitty problem. The only thing you gotta do in this world is eventually die and that is it. So if you allow something like social phobia or anxiety deprive you of all your talent whatever it may be you are just cheating yourself. So dont let this one little bump in the road throw you off the whole path

PhantomPod

I don't mind living with my parents, but I'd love to live in my own place by myself. I'm going to be moving into my college dorm in 10 days though, so I'm very excited about that and I'm glad that I'm going to be able to go out and live on my own like that.