I decided to go through with ETS

kandyjet

I am so thank full to you for the update Iliveinac !!
coz still i am in two minded weather to go for ets or not. the reacation and imortional part is so bothering me. this makes me not to go for it. thanks for the quote. really appricated.

Iliveinac

You're welcome Sprawling and Kandyjet. I'm paying a visit to my surgeon on the 23rd to see if he can prescribe me anything to help aid my mental disconnection. I have read stories of people who have had trouble focusing or even forming complete, coherent sentences, but thankfully that isn't my case. I just feel extremely flatlined.

JustinLuck

Thank you Iliveinac for sharing with us your story. I have considered ETS many times, but did not have health insurance to help cover it.

With the "fight or flight" response toned down, do you no longer feel nervous or fearful when dealing with stressful situations? Does your heart beat no longer speed up or palpitate when experiencing anxiety?

Last edited:

SweatyCanuck

I've read a lot of different forums about ETS and emotional issues resulting from it. To me though it sounds like this is happening to people who struggled with anxiety or depression prior to ETS. I mean no disrespect, I just think if you are not mentally/emotionally healthy to begin with anything can make you feel off center.

Iliveinac

Justin, I have considered the anti-anxiety aspect a positive in some aspects. For example, last semester I gave a presentation with relative ease without my voice trembling or anything. It felt amazing. I'm trying to grasp the positive aspects of the anxiety diminishing side effects as much as I can so I'm much less hard on myself about the entire ordeal. However, yes, my heart rate does not go up because I no longer really feel nervous about anything. I feel...indifferent at almost all times. It is for people to decide whether they think that is positive or negative. The only time my heart rate goes up now is when I perform exercises such as cardio.

Sweaty, you have grounds to say that because I definitely wasn't an emotionally stable person and that may have been due to the toll my palmar hyperhidrosis had taken on my social life. I'm not even really saying that i'm depressed but I just don't get any particular jolts of adrenaline like I used to get. On the plus side, I am much more confident. Just gotta cling to the positives and go with it from here on out, I suppose.

JustinLuck

Iliveinac,
It is interesting to hear how the psychological feeling of anxiety is significantly reduced with the cessation of symptoms that usually accompany its emotional component. So, does your mind remain clear and focused (not flustered or distracted) when you are in a stressful situation?

I would describe myself as an anxious person and hyperhidrosis intensifies this feeling tenfold and destroys my self-confidence. It certainly doesn't help that hyperhidrosis makes performing any moisture sensitive task a hundred times more difficult.

TLB

Oh yes haha I know! My life mission has become to find a true cure for HH. Once I go to med school I want to conduct clinical research on the physiology of hyperhidrosis. I don't know what that looks like yet, but the world needs a cure of this disease!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd happily help you with this research. I should be starting a PhD this year and I wish there was a hyperhidrosis PhD available haha