I think

redlady

When you click on someone's email address that they have written in one of their posts and then you are taken into another page where you can write an email to that address - is that it? Ouch can you understand that - i don't have the energy to rewrite it.

allanboy

sure, we can give it a try. I also may know you guys a little better, like people myself. good idea.

redlady

thoughtless wrote:

No, that's just to send an e-mail. But on your profile you have an option that says "Messenger e-mail". That's it.

Hi thoughtless i know this must be terribly annoying but i am terribly ignorant. So what do i do with that, just type in my email address - and there she goes?

redlady

Does that mean i will have to set up a hotmail account?

Oh and thanks for reassuring me that i am not annoying - appreciate it.
I normally don't like asking lots of ?'s.

lonesomeboy

yep. get an hotmail account.

then open up messenger program. sign in with ur email address, and off you go! dont forget to add me to your chat list :D

black_mamba

To use msn you must first get a hotmail account, then download the msn programme from the net. I didn't know it came as standard with Windows, does it? :?

redlady

Hi boundless, will give you a bell if this damn msn thingy ever works for me - is my ignorance transparent enough or what.

redlady

Hey thoughtless - who is not actually thoughtless at all - more thoughtful actually - haha couldn't resist. I have attempted to download it already but there is a 'hiccup' with my computer that wont let me download it - will try and sort it out tomorrow. Thanks for the thought man. :)

blubs

hi redlady
I tried to download it aswell
but it seemed to take absolute beards and my computer disconnected before it finished.
Does anyone know how long it should take?

Chilling__Echo

don't worry redlady, i don't understand this stuff either! i just know i have two email addresses haha. ummm so yeah, i'd like to do this but not sure what to do. i'm really not sure what the chat is. is it like a chat ROOM? or AIM? or emails? sorry thoughtless, love the idea and hate i'm kinda just sitting and looking at you like "huh?" lol. i think i'll just wait and see if others figure it out and give it a go

black_mamba

Worrydoll set up an msn group for us complete with chat room. Not sure if you need an msn/hotmail account for that but its perfect for impromptu chats. :)

black_mamba

:lol:

Ok, msn messenger is a chat programme where you can add people you'd like to talk to. It runs like ICQ (and AIM I''m guessing, I've only ever used icq though) - its an instant messaging service. I had to download it from the website and yes it took forever. :)

Msn groups are more like a mixture of forums and chat whereby groups of friends can communicate. It'd be pretty pointless doing that for here because this forum already has its own chat room.

What sort of problems are people having with the downloading of msn messenger? What do the error pop-ups say when the hiccups happen?

Chilling__Echo

bah computers!! :p maybe i've just been using AIM (AOL instant messenger) i'm going to check out the link now - like i say, i like the idea

Chilling__Echo

what's your fav band thoughtless? and how old are you? you know how when you see members you kind of assign them an identity and just build on it over time as you find things out about them, i think i've screwed yours up :? i hope all that sounds like it came from a sane person... :roll: :wink: