i want to be a hobo!

FOR REAL

Banned
i fkn love this site, it makes me smile and laugh sometimes (which you have to do in this life)

i watched a documtrty(or how ever its spelled) it was about hobos! they were so happy. it was great, i wish i recorded it, cause i would love to watch it over and over again.

in scotland they are called tramps

somebody typed in this site "ive never stole a Freight Train" i burst out with laughter

anyway this young lassie(girl) quoted "out on the road, thats where i belong"
she was so fkn happy with a rucksack on her back and not caring where she was going

i wish i had the guts to do that.

anybody feel the same?:)

BlackKids

Hell no. I like sleeping in a bed and having warm water :)

I once slept in the park, it sucked. It was june and we spent most of the night huddled round a fire. not fun but it was a laugh :)

krs2snow

I think I kno what u mean. There's a freedom that would come w/not abiding by societies rules & just living life off the grid. Just doing what u want, finding food, getting sleep, going to new places & letting life happen to you! No worries (so it seems). But, I think the Reality isn't as romantic as it may have looked in the documentary.

cosmosis

Hell yeah I do.

Would love the simplicity and true danger of being out on the road or in the wild. That's something I can handle alot better than the tiring bullshit games people play day in and day out.

Having a house, a job, money is more of a prison than anything. You are in debt day in and day out and the anxiety it causes to just try to keep it all is maddening. And all that can lost or taken away in an instant. When you have nothing, you are free to be and do whatever you want and live how humans are suppose to live.

By the way, was the name of the documentary?

yeah, i envied them when i was younger also - they sure seemed happier than me. i always wanted to just go jump on a train and disappear. i probably would have been murdered though.

there's a good movie called housekeeping that's about that temptation - too bad it's not on dvd though.

mimi1988

I've always wished I had that sort of free spiritness about me. But umm, I don't know about living under a bridge without taking baths, lol....... No! Lol.

anomicdeer

Yeah there are people who rather be a hobo because they have less to take care of and worry about. It's easier for them.

NormanBates

There's been days that I acted like a transient , usually in college.
Sometimes I just had nowhere to be, maybe my dorm room had too many people in it or maybe my roommate would have his gf over.
Sometimes being a fly on the wall in a couple's romantic getaway to my dorm room would be enough to make me wanna slip out and not come back for a whole weekend. I used my car more like a hide-out than for transportation many times. I'm not sure if it was fun tho.

Rodox

What you dont see are the sad moments,going hungry for days,eating food that other people throw away,going trough others people trash,the cold lonly nights,days without a proper shower,some times even beat up and etc.

Lea

Banned
What you dont see are the sad moments,going hungry for days,eating food that other people throw away,going trough others people trash,the cold lonly nights,days without a proper shower,some times even beat up and etc.

Rodox it doesn´t have to be that bad... you can always save money for food, main thing is that you don´thave to pay for accomodation (worst expense). Plus you can eat fruits, corn, potatoes etc. from the fields, washing is in the river, streams or public showers. You would need to spend money but minimum. I have travelled and it isn´t easy, even if you sleep in the hotels. I am pretty aware that sometimes going to work is easier than this, but if I don´t travel I can´t see point of living. The main problem I haven´t solved is sleeping out because you have to carry heavy sleeping bag or even tent which spoils you in turn your days. Also, I am very coward sleeping out because you can never know what people or animals might come. (I was even afraid when we went on trip with another girl and we slept in tent). But I believe it´s possible to tackle most of the disadvantages, it just needs practice and experience. Would be good if you don´t give up your idea, it´s useful especially for loosers like us who don´t have much chance in the normal society anyway :).

mmmm

Not really a hobo but when I was little I fantasised about being a wild woman. Living in the bush, eating what I killed... Ah, the life.

Cal

I honestly don't think I'd enjoy living such a rough lifestyle. Though I guess if I were forced into a situation like that, I'd just treat it as a... growing experience by learning more about myself and my values.

So I would love to get away from society completely for a month or so, just to experience more simple things rather than being in this routine of work, watching television, and surfing the net. But I suppose that's what camping is for.

MotherWolff

Banned
Why be a hobo when you can be a feral child?;)

Oh wait, I guess its too late because your ubringing has already been tampered with by those petty, petty creatures known as "human".

Its too bad we couldn't take a blue pill(The Matrix reference:cool:) that would inexplicably force us to forget our past experiences to the point where we could then, in a way, start life anew. THEN we can truly work on becoming a feral child(even though we would still have our grown-up bodies:eek:, so I guess a time-machine would be more convenient.)

Then again maybe just becoming a hobo would be easier....
But I have always fantasized about being a feral child....living amongst the animals up on top of a blue mountain in the mysteriousness of wildlife. I guess its that sense of freedom that makes us think of such eccenticities.

FOR REAL

Banned
Hell yeah I do.

Would love the simplicity and true danger of being out on the road or in the wild. That's something I can handle alot better than the tiring bullshit games people play day in and day out.

Having a house, a job, money is more of a prison than anything. You are in debt day in and day out and the anxiety it causes to just try to keep it all is maddening. And all that can lost or taken away in an instant. When you have nothing, you are free to be and do whatever you want and live how humans are suppose to live.

By the way, was the name of the documentary?

hi cosmosis, i have hunted all over the internet to find the name of that documentary, but no luck, i sent an email to channel 4 (uk channel) but no reply from them yet, if i find it i will let you know

iamthenra

As adventurous as I am, I know deep down that I would not enjoy living like Tarzan... I have camped out in the tundra of Alaska for extended periods of time, and to be honest. I couldn't stand myself after the 5th day without a bath or shower and wearing the same sweat soaked clothes... Ewwwww... You become RIPE! Does the word "fumunda cheese" mean anything to you? GROSS! When I got back to the base camp, where I could take a hot shower. I was never more relieved to be clean once again... BTW I threw my underwear and long johns in the fire at base camp.... I was not about to take it with me... "Ewwww even stink would say that stinks..."
3759941391_973f354d82_o.gif

FOR REAL

Banned
best hobo movies

a hobos christmas
the journey of natty gann

i was going to type in more, but my internet is ****ed!

scissorhands

As a fantasy the idea of being a hobo sounds extremely appealing. I've glamourized the idea in my mind many times and have thought very seriously about doing this before. But in reality like Rodox says, there's alot of sadness that would come along with it, and ultimately cancel out all the great aspects of it. One major factor in turning me against the idea of actually doing it is the inability to have a mate. You can't exactly have a girlfriend or serious relationship living like that. Even if they were living the same way, if you actually cared about them you would have a strong desire to care for and protect them, which you would be unable to do basically with no home, resources, or income. I'd want to see my girlfriend live a long healthy life and that kind of lifestyle would not cater to that.