i'm also new here..

marki

Hello

im a 17 year old girl and i dont officially have SP because i havent seen a doc. yet but im quite sure i have it because i recognise a lot of stories i read here..

( excuse me for my english..)

i'll tell you whats going on with me:

i avoid as much as social things as possible because i just simply dont feel comforteble with other people around me not even with my own familie.. isnt that pathetic..
when i am with other people, i start to sweat and feeling dizzy, today i even felt sick when i went to my work, i felt like i had to throw of.

im also very focussed on the way i walk and talk, which only makes me walk and talk weird.

i also had a boyfriend twice but it totaly was a disaster because when i had with them, i felt totally sick even when i wasnt around them and i couldnt eat anymore i also couldnt talk to them, i just totally freaked out.. so since then no boyfriends for me anymore..

i dont know if i have sp but i do know is that i dont feel good right now, i feel very lonely because i dont come outside very much, so im glad with this forum , it makes me feel less lonely reading other peoples stories, so i want to thank you all for telling your stories...

MARKI

pitkreet

Hi Marki, I'm glad you found the site and you find it comforting.

I recognise your symptoms, I have had them myself. I used to get sick a lot because of SP but luckily, that problem passed, although it took a few years to completely go. But I still have many other symptoms.

I does sound like you have SP so it would be a good idea to do something about it now. Maybe see a doctor and also read up on the subject. There is some good advice on how to reduce SP.

One thread I like to read on this forum is by a guy who got over SP and is now better http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/postt2713.html

marki

i think im going to see a doctor soon..it just frightens me a litle bit to actaully talk about it with some..

how did you made the first stap??

Karail

Hi Marki,

Welcome to the forums

I went to the doctors myself a few months ago and I was very nervous about it. I did find a few a tips tho which i found enourmously helpful:

1. Write down your symtops before you go and refer to them or give them to the doctor if you start struggle about what to say. If you feel uncomfortable about doing this plan what your going to say in advance and practice saying it over and over.
2. Remeber that any good doctor will be happy to help you, and is not going to think of anything less of you. SP is alot more common than ppl think and you doctor will probably have experiance with it.

3. Try to get yourself motivated about taking the first step, this can be easier said than done but just try to think about how much you want to live without SP and use these feeling to motivate yourself.

4. If you get really nervous before the appointment try looking into breathing techniques for relaxing such as the ones here http://www.pe2000.com/anx-breathe.htm, they may sound like mumbo jumbo to some people but can really help relax and clear you mind before you do something your nevous about.

I hope these four tips help, if do want anymore help or just want to talk to someone about his feel free to PM me.

marki

Thank you for your tips Karail!,

I will think aboud it when I go to see a doctor :)