• Yes

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 26 44.8%
  • Other (agnostic, deist, etc.)

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
I voted Other.

I think there's a certain amount of importance in not using your head too much. While I do think that most organized religions are misinformed, misleading and even harmful in a lot of ways to the whole idea of some sort of universal order, I think it's equally true that oftentimes atheism is born more out of spite or self-pity than truly objective spiritual exploration.

I can't explain in words exactly how I feel on the topic, particularly not in a paragraph, but in so many words I guess there's far too much of a narrative voice to the way of the universe, you know? Not to mention that I fail to believe that the mind of man could ever possibly expand beyond the capacity of the universe, so that the fact that we ponder things like "what is life?" and "who is god?" is not quite proof, but it's suggestive, at least, that there is something more than simple natural order. Finally, my own actions, and the writings, ponderings and actions of many others oftentimes hint at an impartial, separate truth, or justice, or code or what have you, that transcends biology, Darwinism, moral relativism, etc. etc. I guess I would maybe classify myself as either a deist, or a pantheist; maybe both.

A friend of a friend, who happens to be homosexual, claims that homosexuality is proof at least that humans aren't bound to evolutionary science, because there's no procreative benefit to homosexuality. *shrug* I found that thought interesting...

Last edited:
I voted Other.

I think there's a certain amount of importance in not using your head too much. While I do think that most organized religions are misinformed, misleading and even harmful in a lot of ways to the whole idea of some sort of universal order, I think it's equally true that oftentimes atheism is born more out of spite or self-pity than truly objective spiritual exploration.

I can't explain in words exactly how I feel on the topic, particularly not in a paragraph, but in so many words I guess there's far too much of a narrative voice to the way of the universe, you know? Not to mention that I fail to believe that the mind of man could ever possibly expand beyond the capacity of the universe, so that the fact that we ponder things like "what is life?" and "who is god?" is not quite proof, but it's suggestive, at least, that there is something more than simple natural order. Finally, my own actions, and the writings, ponderings and actions of many others oftentimes hint at an impartial, separate truth, or justice, or code or what have you, that transcends biology, Darwinism, moral relativism, etc. etc. I guess I would maybe classify myself as either a deist, or a pantheist; maybe both.

A friend of a friend, who happens to be homosexual, claims that homosexuality is proof at least that humans aren't bound to evolutionary science, because there's no procreative benefit to homosexuality. *shrug* I found that thought interesting...

Atheists don't believe in a sprite, so spiritual exploration is somewhat null. We find enlightenment through what we see, not what we cannot. I just don't believe in God - I don't do it out of spite, that's just the way I feel.

Evolution myths: Natural selection cannot explain homosexuality.

Evolution myths: Natural selection cannot explain homosexuality - life - 16 April 2008 - New Scientist

Last edited:

Lea

Banned
I voted Other.

That's about what I think.

Honda

Fear of God makes you want to believe in God.. Be logical and reasonable... God is spirituality not a big man in the sky... This is the biggest mistake most religious people dont understand..