Journey of Jazz

PerseverareJasmine

I did this type of Latin dance workout earlier today. I normally don't sweat very much when I do dance workouts, but when I finished with this one my body was very sweaty, yuck.

There's going to be a film adaption of the musical Jersey Boys, about The Four Seasons. I wonder if it will be any good. I bet my dad wants to see it; he loves listening to their music. This is one of his favorite songs by them:

FRANKIE VALLI AND THE FOUR SEASONS- CAN`T TAKE MY EYES OFF YOU - YouTube

PerseverareJasmine

Sometimes I like to put in my earphones and listen to music loudly while watching television at the same time, and occasionally it appears as if the people on television are lip syncing the words to the song that I'm listening to at the time. The lyrics match up to the movements of their mouths perfectly. It can be funny at times.

PerseverareJasmine

I sort of feel like having a lullaby sung to me until I fall asleep. Back when I lived in Germany and my parents were together, my dad would sit in his favorite rocking chair in the living room, and he'd let me sit on his lap while he rocked the chair softly back and forth with his feet and sang to me. I could usually fall asleep quite quickly when he did that. It was comforting. Now I hardly fall asleep easily, and my family is not very physically affectionate towards each other now. I have a longing for older times.

I can't get those times back though. Its just wishful thinking, which is what a lot of my thoughts seem to be lately.

I sort of feel like having a lullaby sung to me until I fall asleep. Back when I lived in Germany and my parents were together, my dad would sit in his favorite rocking chair in the living room, and he'd let me sit on his lap while he rocked the chair softly back and forth with his feet and sang to me. I could usually fall asleep quite quickly when he did that. It was comforting. Now I hardly fall asleep easily, and my family is not very physically affectionate towards each other now. I have a longing for older times.

I can't get those times back though. Its just wishful thinking, which is what a lot of my thoughts seem to be lately.

Rock a bye Jasmine
down in Texas
when the wind blows
the desert is hot
when the levee breaks
the valley will flood
and down will come Jasmine
persevering and all

Hush little Jasmine
don't say a word
JC's gonna buy you a Fire bird
an if that Fire bird won't run
JC's gonna buy you a stolen gun
an if that stolen gun won't shoot
nobody's gonna give a hoot

Hush little Jasmine
don't you cry
nobody's gonna say you didn't try
They're gonna buy you some diamonds and stuff
and if Jasmine don't like that stuff
them people's gonna be handled rough

Sweet little Jasmine go to sleep
don't you lay down and weep
be happy and don't make a peep
Cuz JC's gonna give you a ride in his camo Jeep
and if that Jeep don't keep
gonna blow it's horn till it goes 'beep beep beep'

PerseverareJasmine

Best post ever. :bigsmile::thumbup:

Hush little Jasmine
don't say a word
JC's gonna buy you a Fire bird
an if that Fire bird won't run
JC's gonna buy you a stolen gun
an if that stolen gun won't shoot
nobody's gonna give a hoot

Hush little Jasmine
don't you cry
nobody's gonna say you didn't try
They're gonna buy you some diamonds and stuff
and if Jasmine don't like that stuff
them people's gonna be handled rough

Sweet little Jasmine go to sleep
don't you lay down and weep
be happy and don't make a peep
Cuz JC's gonna give you a ride in his camo Jeep
and if that Jeep don't keep
gonna blow it's horn till it goes 'beep beep beep'

Watch out everyone, jc is on a roll! I think you have rightfully earned the "Master of Lullabies" badge :applause::thumbup:.

PerseverareJasmine

I've decided to leave the forum. I don't want to go into details about why, but I just need to move on from something, and I don't think I can do that if I stay here. It hurts too much. I just wish it didn't have to end on this note.

So many of you here have helped me and I really do thank you for that. I've loved being here. I'm going to miss it. I really hope everyone here can find what they are searching for in the future.

Goodbye.

PerseverareJasmine

I've had some time to think and I've decided to come back to the forum. I think I'll be able to handle it.

Its 5:22 a.m. right now. I was asleep earlier, but my dog woke me up with his whimpering when he was laying in the living room, so I let him outside and I haven't been able to fall back asleep since then. Plus I had two large glasses of iced coffee, which definitely didn't soothe my inability to sleep, but it sure did taste good.

Father's day went pretty well. My dad came to the house to visit and I cooked dinner for him, beef and broccoli with rice. We had cheesecake for dessert. I never really know what to get my dad for a gift though. He's hard to shop for. He always tells us just to get him socks. Christmas? socks. Birthday? socks. Father's day? socks. I guess toasty feet make for a good gift :idontknow:. I try to pick out nice cards for him too, usually the ones that sing when you open them. I used to make homemade cards for him when I was much younger, with crayon and markers. They often included a stick figure drawing of him.

PerseverareJasmine

I wonder if I'll ever try to put contacts in again. I'm attached to my glasses because I've had them for so long now, but I'm getting tired of them at the same time. The last, and only, time I tried to put contacts in was very embarrassing. I was up there for about an hour, and those suckers were not going in. Its like two mini Gandalfs were hiding inside of my eyes, and yelling at the contact lenses "You...shall...not...pass!! " My dad was there with me and he kept telling me to just get them in my eyes already. We both got frustrated, so I decided to just leave and I haven't tried to put contacts in since then. No bueno.

PerseverareJasmine

My mom just scared the crap out of me. She always seems to be an expert at popping up out of nowhere. I'm laying down on my stomach on the couch right now with my laptop, facing the doorway to her room, and when I looked up, bam! She was right in the doorway scratching her head. She was wearing this white oatmeal mask that she uses for her face too, so my heart skipped a beat, yikes.

I guess I'll go make some breakfast soon. Maybe boiled eggs with ranch, bacon or sausage, and a blueberry bagel with cream cheese. My taste buds are telling me to drink more iced coffee with breakfast, but that's probably not a good idea.

PerseverareJasmine

Nothing wrong with socks. :thumbup:

That is true. They are fun to slide around in if you have wooden or tile floors in the house. I don't like wearing socks to bed though, they make me feel stuffy and like I'm overheating, but that's how I feel about most clothes when it comes to going to bed though.

PerseverareJasmine

I'm thinking about looking up some Youtube videos that feature harmonica lessons. I have a harmonica that my dad gave me when I was younger, and I play it sometimes just for fun, but I'm crap at it. I've always wanted to be better at playing it. I think I might get frustrated at times while trying to improve, but at least it'll give me a way to pass some time.