Journey of Jazz

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it, but I think it would be better for me than living here. My sister is thinking about moving there, and said she'd be fine with me moving in with her if she does. My dad said he could help out with money if we do decide to move there, and I've been looking for a job. I'm desperate to get the hell out of here, but I know that it'd be a struggle to live in New York. And I don't even know if my sister will change her mind about going there. Right now the idea of moving seems really nice, but it seems like a longshot too. It feels like I'm trapped in a cage for now.
I am saddened by what your mom did and said, but not surprised given what all you've described already.

Is there no chance at all of living with your dad? New York is crazy expensive when it comes to cost of living.

You definitely need to get out of there somehow.

PerseverareJasmine

I am saddened by what your mom did and said, but not surprised given what all you've described already.

Is there no chance at all of living with your dad? New York is crazy expensive when it comes to cost of living.

You definitely need to get out of there somehow.

No, there's no chance that I can live with my dad. Living in New York seems more like a fantasy than an actual plan to get out at this point. I don't know when or how I'm going to be able to move out, but I agree that I need to.

TreeBones

That sounds really scary. I definitely don't think you were being 'too sensitive' like you said your mom thought you were being in that situation. I'm sorry you had to go through that TreeBones.

My sister was thinking about moving there and said I could move in with her if I wanted to. If she does decide to go, it won't be for a while. She told me she'd want to wait until after she finished college.

occupational hazard, no big deal haha.

NY sounds like an adventure :) . If the opportunity presents itself and you really do feel like you need to get out of there, I'd go for it :thumbup:

PerseverareJasmine

occupational hazard, no big deal haha.

NY sounds like an adventure :) . If the opportunity presents itself and you really do feel like you need to get out of there, I'd go for it :thumbup:

It does seem like an adventure, a bit scary though. I might have doubts about going, if the time does come when I can go, but hopefully my fear of a new place and a big change in my life won't hold me back.

PerseverareJasmine

I told my mom that I didn't think that she should have made the joke that she did, and that it made me feel intimidated and scared, but she just shook it off. I had a feeling she'd do that anyway, so I'm not surprised.

We were supposed to be heading out to go to the reunion on the 4th, but when we were talking about it, she could tell that I'm really not looking forward to it. Then she told me I don't have to go if I don't want to, but she said it in an irritated tone, not in a tone that showed she actually understood why I don't want to go. It was more like a "Fine, don't go, but I'll nag you and be angry at you if you decide to stay home" tone. She said she'll go alone if I don't go. I'll probably end up not going.

I don't know. Its like I can never win with her. Then again, if I decide not to go, does that make me a coward? Does she have the right to be irritated with me for not going? I'm not sure, maybe she does. I just wish my first instinct wasn't always to run or back down when faced with things like this.

I'm trying to get the situation I'm in with her off of my mind at this point. It'll be best for me to focus on moving towards getting out of here, and not letting my unhealthy relationship with my mom consume my thoughts and drag me further down than I already am. I hope that we can work things out between us one day though, come to some sort of truce, at least.

The Temper Trap - Soldier On - YouTube

Last edited:

PerseverareJasmine

My mom left to go to Texarkana at around seven this morning. She said she's going to come back Monday, so I'm going to have a while to enjoy some time to myself. My dad's coming over today though. He's going to pick up some Chinese food for dinner, and we're probably going to light some of those sparkler fireworks. He said he might bring The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug for us to watch too. I didn't really like An Unexpected Journey too much though. It was alright, but nothing that special to me. Maybe The Desolation of Smaug will be better.

Last edited:

PerseverareJasmine

My dog was freaking out on the 4th because my neighbors were throwing some of those popper fireworks that make a loud cracking noise when thrown on the ground. I read online that there's these things called thunder shirts that you wrap around your dog's body to soothe them during thunderstorms, and they can supposedly calm them down when people are firing fireworks too. I wonder if they actually work? Maybe. It'd be nice if he had one.

PerseverareJasmine

I've been looking for a job, and my mom suggested I should go back to my first job, working at a call center called GC Services. The pay there was good, but the experience for me was horrible. My job was to try to set up payment arrangements for people with Toyota or Lexus vehicles over the phone. Most of the customers yelled out insults and cussed at us when we were on the phone, and a few times I had customers on the phone ask me how I ever got hired, ouch. It was hard for me to be as aggressive as I needed to be with the customers as well. My manager Keegan would always tell me that I needed to be more firm and try to convince the customers to get their payments in, as fast as possible. I usually failed at that though, and the customers ended up persuading me to let them set up a future payment, usually for two weeks out.

I was always nervous and tense there too. Most of the people around my work area would chat and laugh and tell stories when they weren't on a call, but I stayed in my area with my head down trying to avoid eye contact. I usually pretended I was reading through my binder of guidelines and instructions. When someone would try to talk to me I'd blush and my eyes would widen. I always dreaded going to lunch too because the lunch room there was usually very crowded and I'd feel self-conscious in there, sitting down at the back table if I could, and trying to look down at my food and act like I was invisible.

On top of that, there were some girls who worked there that were really catty, ugh. I saw a group of them act all smiley and friendly to a girl, then as soon as the girl left, they'd gossip and talk trash about her. Ugh, I hate when people do that so much, very two-faced. It happened on several occasions. A lot of people would make fun of what some people wore to work too, which was quite dumb. Its a job, you're not going there to get all dolled up and impress people.

I tried to stay at the job for as long as I could because I was helping out with paying the bills, but I eventually had to quit. I remember on my last day there I pretty much ran out the door. I was tempted to stick my tongue out at the mean girls who worked there as I walked out, but I wasn't brave enough to do it haha. It was nice to imagine that I was doing it in my mind though. I don't think I'd ever go back to work there.

Last edited:

TreeBones

I like the song too. Its called Geboren Um Zu Leben by Unheilig. I have no idea what the heck the song means, but I think its nice :).

The guy singing it sounds like the lead singer of one of my favorite German bands And One, and there's this other German group called Blutengel, and they just all sound like the same guy to me lol.

That video cracked me up. Especially the singing at the end and when Gandalf said he was going to go look for a butterfly and would be back to save everybody at the last minute .

I know, me too !!!! And the part where they were flying and Bilbo asked why they just don't travel like that all the time, that use to always get me because it's like, that seems like a pretty pivotal detail to dismiss, (especially in the lotr movies) but once I read the books I understood.

Last edited:

PerseverareJasmine

I know, me too !!!! And the part where they were flying and Bilbo asked why they just don't travel like that all the time, that use to always get me because it's like, that seems like a pretty pivotal detail to dismiss, (especially in the lotr movies) but once I read the books I understood.

I still haven't had the chance to read the books :sad:. I definitely need to get my hands on them one day.

PerseverareJasmine

Yes! There's going to be a Harry Potter movie marathon on Abc Family this weekend, starting on Friday. I love watching it when they do the marathons, even though I've seen each of the movies so many times. My eyes are glued to the tv anytime its on. I would get up and do a short celebration dance, but my legs are too freaking sore. I'm doing a celebration dance in my head instead.

u9hFe0n.gif

applause1.gif

Last edited:

PerseverareJasmine

Since I'm so hyped up about this Harry Potter marathon, here are a few quotes from the first movie in different voices and with my crappy, fake, wannabe English accent. Doing silly stuff like this cheers me up sometimes.

You're a wizard Harry!

Vocaroo | Voice message

It's Levi-O-sa.

Vocaroo | Voice message

Snape's speech in his first Potions class. I tried to make my voice get extremely low in this one to match Snape's, so it might sound a bit scary. You've been warned haha.

Vocaroo | Voice message