Lets face it women...your all hooked up

lifesnotfair

People tell me that there are LOTS of single women out there, but i was thinking today, all the people i know, i would say 98% of them are in a relationship, either are dating, married, or etc.. and so here i am, basically trying to look for something that isn't there, because everyone is coupled up, and that is what pisses me off.

I feel so isolated, and i know that the majority people are in relationships, and the ones that aren't, there is something wrong with them..

*sigh* it seems like i am the last to get anything good in life.

despise

im single. i havnt had a real boyfriend before...just some very horrible experiences i really wish i could erase from my memory..but..yeah. i know alot of single women

Crimefish

Great, nice to knoww I'm part of yet another minority.
I've only had one boyfriend before, and I probably never will again.

felix

I honestly don't think the majority of people are in relationships at all, its just that we only notice the people that are. Besides relationships are too confusing anyway (in my opinion)

Horatio

its nature.... yes girls like guys who are confident so guys with socialphobia, bad luck.... get over it, we can't change the way things are.

its millions of years of evolution, or a great design of the Lord almighty, whatever rocks your boat - and we cant change it

guys are more attracted to girls physically so SP doesnt lower a girl with SP's attractivness by much

unfortunately for guys, girls are attracted to confidence so for guys with SP, bad luck - become a Hindu and hope you have better luck with your next life

MadCat

Agree with Horatio.

I've also noticed that females are more like to have exactly been in a relationship at least once compared to guys who never had a relationship before.

Maybe it's just my bad luck :/

Travis88

I agree, i have never even had the chance to have a relationship. I feel that having to be the one expected to approach the opposite sex makes it very hard for men with SP to have a relationship. I also believe that being in a relationship would help someone with SP think Positive :) (at least with someone who understands anyways.)

Horatio

introvert said:
Guys.. guys.. lets not panic O_O

lmao this is like watching the Titanic sink... most the women are safe in their lifeboats while all the third class men struggle to keep afloat in the painfully icy water :lol:

Fredscars

maybe im just odd..but my bf is really shy..not Socially phobic, but very shy..
i HATE really confident people, confident guys just make me want to punch them.

LilMissTragic

lmao, this makes me laugh every time...if 98 percent of woman are in relationships then wouldn't that make 98 percent men also in a relationship?

Now someone will go on about there being more men than woman, how do we know for sure....most statistics are made up on the spot.

Travis88

Arent we talking about Social Phobic people?Think if a Woman with SP is too scared to approach somebody there is a good chance that she will still be approached, while on the other hand, if a Man with SP cant approach somebody then thats it there pretty much screwed.(sorry for arguing :oops: )

Fredscars

Travis88 said:
Arent we talking about Social Phobic people?Think if a Woman with SP is too scared to approach somebody there is a good chance that she will still be approached, while on the other hand, if a Man with SP cant approach somebody then thats it there pretty much screwed.(sorry for arguing :oops: )
i agree with lil miss here..
oh and just to be irritation travis..i asked my bf out, not the other way round.

LilMissTragic

I think youll find that when a guy tries to chat up a girl with SP she either runs a mile or thinks he's taking the p*ss. Well most anyway.

Fredscars

mmhmm
normally i couldnt..especially not now..i wasnt as bad then..and i REALLY REALLY likedhim
and it took me 6months or so to build up the courage..
then i only spoke to him on the phone/by text for 2 years, when we finally got together.lol
but yeh
i still think its equal
and lil miss is right about sp girls

despise

LilMissTragic said:
I think youll find that when a guy tries to chat up a girl with SP she either runs a mile or thinks he's taking the p*ss. Well most anyway.
yep! too true.

Nightshade

Travis88 said:
Arent we talking about Social Phobic people?Think if a Woman with SP is too scared to approach somebody there is a good chance that she will still be approached, while on the other hand, if a Man with SP cant approach somebody then thats it there pretty much screwed.(

As far as dating goes, I was asked out a man once in my life (I'm 33). This was many years ago. The first time I went out a couple of times and then found the whole things so traumatic and terrifying that I ended up using not just every conscious method I could think of to avoid him, but I developed a persistent physical illness that was difficult to explain medically and in hindsight I think it was psychosomatic from this experience.

I should add that there was nothing inherently terrible in going out for a couple of dates with this man who I think was a nice enough person. It was just my anxiety that was the problem.

Apart from the fact that there aren't men falling over themselves to ask me out (mostly because I have such a hostile countenance in the presence of single men - honestly I'm not that much of a freak), it is no use at all if men ask me out when I'm terrified. Or at least that was the situation when I didn't know what was wrong with me.

Maybe now I have learned some ways to manage my anxiety, I might have a chance to have a relationship.

However, the recent census showed that there were 53000 more women than men in the 20-50 age group in New Zealand. And you guys you think you have it tough! Sigh.

outis

this is all very subjective, and is based on life experience. i personally have had woman hit on me that to everyone else couldn't have been more obvious about it if they wrote "ask me out" on there hands and slapped me. but as i said, it was obvious to others but went over my head because i couldn't admit it to myself for fear of rejection. i only know about it now, because friends have told me, after the fact unfortunately.

most women won't just come out and say their not in a relationship while those that are will mention it. so its easy to think that most women are seeing someone.

you also tend to remember things better when you can relate to them. i mostly lurk at this site and it seems like i see one account after another of guys in their 20's and 30's that have never dated, kissed, or had sex, while the women have boy/girl friends, fiances, or are married . this is in no way however factual, it only seems like it is. it might seem at times when lonely and/or depressed like every women is hooked up and there's no one for you but it's just not true. if you just keep an open mind and open heart sooner or later you'll find someone.

Horatio

Cassie said:
Horatio said:
its nature.... yes girls like guys who are confident so guys with socialphobia, bad luck.... get over it, we can't change the way things are.

its millions of years of evolution, or a great design of the Lord almighty, whatever rocks your boat - and we cant change it

guys are more attracted to girls physically so SP doesnt lower a girl with SP's attractivness by much

unfortunately for guys, girls are attracted to confidence so for guys with SP, bad luck - become a Hindu and hope you have better luck with your next life

Like you said, guys are more attracted to girls physically, so if you're born an ugly female like me, you're screwed!! All the make-up in the world won't change me!! :(

Thats the cool part... guys go for attractive girls, but not all guys have the same idea of what is attractive and what isn't.

Its just a waiting game, and sooner or later a guy will find you simply amazing and be pleading with you to go out with him. All you have to do is say yes ;)