Most Annoying Questions,

melissahp

Come on , what are the most annoying things you have to deal with by having either social anxiety, general anxiety disorder, or OCD etc, these are some of my pet peeves.
I hate to get asked:

Why don't you smile? Why aren't you smiling? Why don't you talk? Why are you so quiet? etc. Why don't you just stop doing that (OCD)?

What are some of yours and why?? What do you do if you have no one to actually talk to about it cuz no one really knows anything about OCD and doesn't understand? Blogs and forums and therapist only? I also started writing it in a Journal. what do you guys all do that helps when no one can talk about it?

Mikey

It's not a question, but: "You just don't want it enough".

And what I dislike more than questions are people who won't ask, and just assume things.

lunarla

"Why weren't you at school yesterday?"
"Want to come to my house?"

I used to get the questions about being quiet a lot.

melissahp

Oh yeah totally, also, whats wrong with you is nice to hear hey?

Also stuff like, "I have that problem sometimes, but I just forget about it and move on" Um actually no u don't have that problem because you wudn't simply forget and move on! lol

Or my fave is "Oh yah I'm totally OCD over having to wash my fruit before I eat it, i gotta rinse them off" ok obviously if u think thats ur biggest OCD issue is rinsing your fruit, u don't know wut ocd is (friends label things OCD at random for any habit they possible have)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
The "Why?'s" whenever people find out i don't like going to bars, drink, sex, smoke, etc. As if liking that were some kind of law. Also, it's not a question, but the "Get over it" and "Go get some friends" make me very angry.

Krista

My best friend is constantly on me about when people come over to our apartment, "Why can't you just talk or act like you're having a good time?" or "Try smiling and talking. You always look like you're miserable and people think you're never in a good mood because you just sit there and look like you don't want to be here." well that's probably because I would like to get out of this million people situation.

limetree

Why are you so lazy? You never go out or do anything practical!
Why are you upset? There's nothing to be upset about, suck it up, others have it worse. (of course I never tell them that when they complain but whatever)
Why does the girl who never says a word suddenly have an opinion online now? (lol why the hell not, everyone has an opinion you douche)

:)

IDK94657

"Why are your arms red?" God I hate this question. I even have a very valid excuse, as I have sensitive skin and driving around my skin would get burned from the sun quite easily.

"Why don't you smile?"
- Not that I noticed I wasn't but if i was, you'd be wondering why I'm smiling
and I'd need an explanation for that, or else you'll assume I'm weird...

"Any men in your life?"
- No. Go on, Pity me. Remind me and
Laugh the fact I've had bad luck with men all my life.

"Can you tell me, whats a girl like you doing single?"
- Well, first off. I'm so shallow it disgusts me. Secondly, You havent met me in
person/seen me in ages so you're not aware that I'm now very obese and afraid
to talk to any guy I'm remotely interested in.

Charlene's Psycho Moment #1

Lorraine Manca

Do you speak English?
- got that one in ninthgrade a lot for some reason, its the only language i speak
are you ok?
and how come you never go to the dances?
the questions stopped after highschool. i guess your allowed to be distant and withdrawn after you graduate!

Harleyq

"Any men in your life?"
- No. Go on, Pity me. Remind me and
Laugh the fact I've had bad luck with men all my life.

"Can you tell me, whats a girl like you doing single?"
- Well, first off. I'm so shallow it disgusts me. Secondly, You havent met me in
person/seen me in ages so you're not aware that I'm now very obese and afraid
to talk to any guy I'm remotely interested in.

I think if men are asking you this, they probably find you attractive and are trying to test the waters to see if they can get with you. And if the pictures on your profile are recent, I don't think you're obese at all. You're probably just a thicker girl, which a lot of guys really go for. I've heard sooo many men say they like thick girls because they're soft, and womanly. You don't give yourself enough credit :)

da_illest101

why do you always text instead of calling

why are you always on the computer

why do u never go out

why do u never bring a girl home

How can a guy be shy

How come you never smile

Why don't you speak louder

are you retarded

like hellhound said why do you hate clubs, parties, bars, drink, cigarettes, drugs

How come a good looking guy like you have no gf

why do u play video games

wow i could go on and on

I think if men are asking you this, they probably find you attractive and are trying to test the waters to see if they can get with you. And if the pictures on your profile are recent, I don't think you're obese at all. You're probably just a thicker girl, which a lot of guys really go for. I've heard sooo many men say they like thick girls because they're soft, and womanly. You don't give yourself enough credit :)

Harley i literally had a guy run away from me once 'cos of it!!

"Why are you always on the computer?"
I get that a lot...

Illest, youre a guy. You're allowed be obsessed wiv video games!

Shift

Do you speak English?
- got that one in ninthgrade a lot for some reason, its the only language i speak
are you ok?
and how come you never go to the dances?
the questions stopped after highschool. i guess your allowed to be distant and withdrawn after you graduate!

Every single time I go to the airport, someone always asks me if I speak English. It's annoying.

So, you don't eat fish? After telling people I'm a vegetarian. If I did I would be a pescetarian.
rolleyes.gif

melissahp

I hate this one:

Why are you so sensitive?
OR not as a question but a judgement
Being called sensitive when someone really means weak...
ahem? do you really know that? I wonder what you'd be like in my shoes, you stress when you can't buy the shirt you like.

People with "issues" are assumed "weak" and should "get over it", I hate this stigma! AHH