Need to get out using public transit, need coping tips

Bosstonez604

Soo, it's Tuesday night now, and I need to get out and get to a camera store by Friday to get a deal on a piece of equipment I need before the sale runs out.

Normally I'd just like.. order it online, but I'm trying really hard to force myself to take a proactive approach to getting the hell out.

I don't have a car, so it's gonna be a huge trek involving a train (BFD) and a bus (I dunno why, but buses, especially, make me feel really anxious).

I don't like waiting for buses, I don't like riding them (I always feel like everyone is staring at me, blatantly, and it just sends my anxiety through the roof, and I Get all ****ed off, wanting to snap at everyone, and makes me feel/look like an asshole), and I really don't like waiting for them. I'm like.. omg I'm gonna get on some random bus going to some random place, and I'm gonna get stuck in some weird place with no way home. That kinda simultaneously excites me (the Loki part) and scares the shit out of me.

I figure all I can do is load my iPod up with mellow music to keep me calm and just do it, but man..

I'd really just rather stay home, order it online, and get it couriered over. Sorta ironic given that to take pix, you need to GTFO.

Anyone else know what I'm saying? How do you deal with public transit?

Furthermore, I've become extremely homeward bound... I haven't left my neighborhood in probably months, and will go 3-4 days at a time at home, only going out to like.. walk 2 blocks to the store, then straight back home. Usually after dark.

Going out = not my forte.

Any mantras or tips on how a person could learn to go out more would be so hugely appreciated.

Great post its good that u want to get out and use the public transport. i was going to say that just bring an mp3 or ipod and listen to music to distract your thoughts but u already answerd that lol, its a great idea and it works too i used to do it no i can hop on and off buses and trains no bother.

think about this too, who wants to be botherd on public transport...no one everyone just looks out the window and like there not gonna be thinkin "oh my god look at him he looks normal what a werido" lol they most likey be thinkin "****ing traffic i hate this bus" lol what would everyone be doin thinkin about you for. people are often so busy with there own shit they dont even notice others, just go for it mate bring the MP3 player with ya and anyone who looks at you just give them a smile, make ya both feel good :)

Satine

My other half doesn't like sitting on any part of the bus where other people are facing you, so he make sure he sits near the front in one of the seats that faces forwards. That means either only a small number of people are either facing or sideways-on to him, or nobody at all is facing him.

Maybe it's worth you choosing a seat in a similar way. Then, if anyone's looking at you after that, just look out the window. If you're not putting on a show, there's nothing for them to look at, right?

P.S.: Good luck, and I think you've made a good choice in going and buying it from the shop.