New. How old is everyone?

Anonymous

Hello my name is Antarctica (for real). I'm new here. Do I have social phobia? Well I am afraid of social things so I'd say yes. Lets see, I also haven't made a friend since 5th grade. I never really leave my room. I don't really let it get to me though. I'm going to go to a doctor. It's like, I crave being with people but I also force myself to enjoy being alone cuz I always am. I read, draw, write, day dream and listen to music. The show must go on!

Maybe I only think that because I'm 16. When I move out to go to college and I have no family I will probably be a hermit.

How old is everyone?

PostaL

Hello

Hello,

Im also new here. Im 22 years old. I'm going in therapy next week for my social phobia/depression. I really have problems living at the moment. Deep inside I want to do a lot of things but because of my intense fear I'm living a life which I dont like. It's very frustrating. Right now I can only hope for better days.

take care,
Chris
Netherlands

Anonymous

Welcome, Antarctica! That's a very *cool* name LOL ;). Sorry, I couldn't resist the bad pun.

Like Orlando, I am also 31. I'm glad to hear that you've recognized your problem at your age-- when I was 16 I was just having a hellish of a time getting by, and had no idea why!

Start tackling it now-- you don't want to spend your college years as a hermit. You'll miss out on so much and regret it later. On the bright side, progress can be made, and it's often easier to make friends in college than it is in high school.

mystery

Good thing u know about SA early. I look back at my teenage years and just think that i am STRANGE..
i dont know whats my problem is wif this world..
OOOhh by the way...I AM 24!!

lonelycody

Hello, Welcome to the site.

I am 36. You are lucky you found out about this while you are still young. I only just recently found out about my social phobia and its alot easier to overcome if you start working on it now.

Trust me it is no fun living like a hermit. I live on my own and have done for the last 10 years and the more time you spend alone the harder it gets. You are still young and have got the opportunity to make the most of your life.

madhat

Hi I'm 34 and also fairly newish, I only wish I had known about SA back when I was 16. As SA is now a widely recognized illness within the medical community and there are treatments available to tackle it I am almost certain you will find the help you need.

Good luck !

Anonymous

This is my first post on this site. I've been coming here a lot for the last few days, but I have always been too shy or too busy to post. I'm 14, but I'm going to be 15 on Thursday.

Anonymous

I'm 39 and living in Maryland. I'm married with 3 kids. I have a deep social phobia. Sometimes the pressure to talk gets so bad that I start to shake and the phobia weakens. I guess during one of those episodes, that's how I managed to get married. The problem persists, though. I don't have any friends. I can go all day without talking at work. I'm better around my family, but I don't know my neighbors at all. I'm tired and want help. That's why I'm here.