OCDEFEATED

pasta

i make a log of every little victory i have over my washing compulsions when i touch something i think is "contaminated" EVERY DAY. it's easy. i email myself emails called OCDEFEATED.......example:

used bathroom at work

felt that after washing i hadn't washed enough/had "dirty" soap residue on hands still

oh yeah- well, i refuse to wash again, and the WORLD WILL TURN ON

gee, i'm 40 and NOTHING has ever gone wrong before, hmmmmm

FIGHT IT!

Social_Moth

pasta said:
i make a log of every little victory i have over my washing compulsions when i touch something i think is "contaminated" EVERY DAY. it's easy. i email myself emails called OCDEFEATED.......example:

used bathroom at work

felt that after washing i hadn't washed enough/had "dirty" soap residue on hands still

oh yeah- well, i refuse to wash again, and the WORLD WILL TURN ON

gee, i'm 40 and NOTHING has ever gone wrong before, hmmmmm

FIGHT IT!

You'll get over the OCD for sure with that attitude. Way to go :)

That's pretty much exactly what led to my total recovery. Realizing that the world keeps on turning no matter what!

Thesuper

thats a good way to be, re-educating you're mind that obsessions are not really dangerous, you mind thinks that you're obsessions are some sort of problem and you do compulsive actions to fix the problem, as long as you do compulsive actions, you're mind will think you're doing the right thing, so all you really have to do is do these obsessions you don't want to do on purpose and eventually you're mind will figure out theres no need for compulsions, just like you're doing right now, keep up the good work.