Och aye the noo

MollyBeGood

I will be so happy for you when you get into a better environment of good people, you deserve that. I wish I could say there's a lot of them out there, but there really isn't that many so you might be spending a bit of time alone. That is heaven though compared to being surrounded by unsupportive ****s.

Yes-A Beautiful Mind is so good too! :) Hey, have you seen "Life is Beautiful"...that movie was incredible, about some survivors of the holocaust. The title doesn't seem to fit the theme but damn if it is not the best true story of triumph over adversity if I have ever seen one. Get out your hankie, though.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I will be so happy for you when you get into a better environment of good people, you deserve that. I wish I could say there's a lot of them out there, but there really isn't that many so you might be spending a bit of time alone. That is heaven though compared to being surrounded by unsupportive ****s.

Looks the hospital will be the only good environment... Which is better than nowt, I guess. Since my famiy are just going to be overly nice to me just so they can manipulate an take advantage of me. So they'll no change anytime soon. Ah mean, ah still huv'nae got a genuine apology for all the shite I've had to endure from my family. Which would be nice to get some closure on.

I've never been one for this "Just forget and move on" mentality unless the person in the wrong has the bawz to acknowledge and say sorry for the hurt caused. Ah know that attitude is kinda auld fashioned nowadays.

And spending time alone... Well, doesnae bother me, I actually prefer it. I've been alone for much of my life anyway. Ah dinnae say to be pitied, it's how it is. What with the disability and all...

Yes-A Beautiful Mind is so good too! :) Hey, have you seen "Life is Beautiful"...that movie was incredible, about some survivors of the holocaust. The title doesn't seem to fit the theme but damn if it is not the best true story of triumph over adversity if I have ever seen one. Get out your hankie, though.

Nope, I've haven't seen or heard of that movie. But, based on yer recommendation, I'll check it out. :thumbup:

Graeme1988

Maybe I'm not cut out to be a part of this world? To live a happy fulfilled life, y'know? Ah just feel my life is a constant struggle to achieve summit ah'll never be - normal... :sad:

Graeme1988

Am I not even allowed to have a say in decisions that affect my life - it is me who's getting this surgery, right? :kickingmyself:

Graeme1988

I'm afraid... Afraid of speaking for fear I'll get mocked or think I'm dumb.

Afraid of express how I feel as I've had negative, hostile reactions in the past. Afraid of putting myself first. Afraid to form lasting friendship or relationship because people will eventually leave me. Afraid to be assertive in case I across the wrong way.

Always afraid the worst is about to happen.

Oh, what I wouldnae give to me "normal" like the rest of them.

Graeme1988

Why did I have to born male....? :sad: Couldn't I have been born the opposite sex. At least then, my mum would've loved me more.
Instead subjecting me to aw tha years of abuse.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

So... What should do? Keep my dyfunction family around me who have lied to me, played me and abused my kind, trusting nature. Sorry, I can't help that, being the youngest, apparently means I'm empathetic anyway. Wish I wasn't, but that's just how I am.

Or should rid myself of them permanently...? I only asked because my disability is being used against me as a means to keep me subserviant to my feminist superiors.

Graeme1988

Sorry if these posts huv been awfully depressing lately....

I'm just trying to make sense of where it all went wrong in my life. :sad:

Graeme1988

I don't think I'm as strong as some of youse might think, I mean mentally speaking.

See, it's a struggle being disabled, mixed race and male, especially in Scotland which is a very aggressive culture, y'know? Because I faced more of a battle. Have more than one type of discrimination to overcome. Plus, yer very much seen as an outsider if ye don't fit the mold in many ways.

So ye don't really huv much of sense of feeling like ye belong or fit in. That true sense of culture identity. And constantly feel pressure to be like everyone, when yer clearly no.

Ah also find it difficult to full trust people, given how much they've let me down, betrayed me, mess me about and abandoned me without explaination. I guess that just how my life's supposed to be... Alone, always outside lookin' in.

Sorry, I wish this could be a more positive upbeat post. And sorry for feelin' I have to apologise. I guess that's just feeling guilty for burdening others with my problems.

Maybe I'm not cut out to be a part of this world? To live a happy fulfilled life, y'know? Ah just feel my life is a constant struggle to achieve summit ah'll never be - normal... :sad:
Mate, I gave up trying to be normal when i was still a child ... and haven't looked back since, lol

Graeme1988

Mate, I gave up trying to be normal when i was still a child ... and haven't looked back since, lol

:thumbup: Well done, I take you were an only child, then?

Sadly I had no choice but to conform to how my family wanted me to be - they're way or no way, ken whit ah mean? Coming from a deeply religion, backwards, conservative, uptight family. :sad:

I'm afraid... Afraid of speaking for fear I'll get mocked or think I'm dumb.

Afraid of express how I feel as I've had negative, hostile reactions in the past. Afraid of putting myself first. Afraid to form lasting friendship or relationship because people will eventually leave me. Afraid to be assertive in case I across the wrong way.

Always afraid the worst is about to happen
You should check out this book --> Feel The Fear And Do it Anyway :question: (there's some good reviews on that page)

:thumbup: Well done, I take you were an only child, then?

Sadly I had no choice but to conform to how my family wanted me to be - they're way or no way, ken whit ah mean? Coming from a deeply religion, backwards, conservative, uptight family. :sad:
Got an older brother. But i was never "normal" like him (or parents, or ma peers). Always an outcast, always will be.

But i think sth in me has fought to BE an outcast (or individual/unique, not a "sheeple"), so mybe bein an outcast from society is deep-down what i have wanted, who knows?. I know im VERY suited to bein an outcast, social reject, etc ... so perhaps its where ive always meant to be? i do sense that..

Why did I have to born male....? :sad: Couldn't I have been born the opposite sex. At least then, my mum would've loved me more.
Instead subjecting me to aw tha years of abuse
Yeah, i don't feel my mum has loved me much at all neither. We always got each others nerves.
Being a male though, it's a very tough life (sig more than females i believe).

Sorry if these posts huv been awfully depressing lately....

I'm just trying to make sense of where it all went wrong in my life. :sad:
Try to focus more on where your life went right, as if you focus on just the wrong-uns then all that negative thinking can make you depressed if ye not careful.
Yes, you can try to analyse your life to date, but try not to spend say more 10 minutes at a time on doing so, as then it becomes an exercise of futility & despair. :sad:

I don't think I'm as strong as some of youse might think, I mean mentally speaking
The more sig problems one has, the harder it is to be "strong" i believe. But is "strong" that good a thing, if it means bottling everything up inside???

See, it's a struggle being disabled, mixed race and male, especially in Scotland which is a very aggressive culture, y'know? Because I faced more of a battle. Have more than one type of discrimination to overcome. Plus, yer very much seen as an outsider if ye don't fit the mold in many ways
Yes indeed, i know how u feel, as in my country (nz) its like machismo/ego gone to extremes. Anyone even slightly diffrent gets "hammered" by our "tall poppy syndrome" (we like to "bring them down" if their head is above the crowd .. yet also we like to encourage esp our sports people to get better, do well, etc .. so its a screwed-up mixture of supporting the growth of ppl, but chopping them down when thay are tall & doing well!!!).
I've been discriminated against for a number of different things - paleness, skinniness, shyness, quietness, aspergers, being intelligent, being (over)-sensitive (for a male), being petite (for a male), looking young for my age, etc, etc, etc. As well as having SEVERAL MAJOR problems/disorders all at once. So my life has been basically as "rough as a dog's breakfast" - EXTRAORDINARY HARD/PAINFUL/DIFFICULT. But i have endured all the suffering to date (tho at times it seemed like i was only hanging on by a thread, and at times that were actually the truth of it, so thankfully i didnt have an easy way to end myself else i sure as hell i would almost certainly have done, i can tell you that). Yeah, an ABSOLUTELY DIABOLOICALLY HELLISH life i've had. But thats just the bad (which is only PART of one's life); the GOOD is the other part - i have had MANY MOMENTS of "HAPINESS" (for me this often means drunk, but also good tv, achieving things on computer, programming (which i love), learning new things (esp on web), listening to great/awesome/wonderful music, etc). So, a mixed bag, & hard to generalize HOW good or bad exactly my life has been (would need a "life monitoring" gadget for that! hehe); but i do know its been "diabolically hard" in the last few years, & "very hard" in the previous ~10 years, "extremely hard" in the ~10 years before that, and "dull/boring/lonely/miserable" in my first 20 years of life.

So ye don't really huv much of sense of feeling like ye belong or fit in. That true sense of culture identity. And constantly feel pressure to be like everyone, when yer clearly no
I dont get why ppl cant fit-in WHILE at same time being able to show their true uniqueness (EVERY SINGLE PERSON is unique, but it seems that in certain weak-back-boned countries SHOWING that god-given uniqueness is "forbidden). Thats partly why i've always stayed RIGHT OUTSIDE of this "mass personality-entity of society" .. so that i could remain TRUE to myself (i knew that i always had to HIDE my true self when in public, which i disliked). "Society" actually SICKENS me - its like the film iRobot, with all these sterilized, homogenized, lookalike robots living exactly the same lives as each other .. but the difference to that film is that the "normal" robots are all like the "bad/malfunctiong/crazy" robot, & there's only a handful of "good" robots.

Ah also find it difficult to full trust people, given how much they've let me down, betrayed me, mess me about and abandoned me without explaination
I used to trust ppl too much as a child & teen, but life has betaen that outta me over time, so that nowadays i'm scepticle/wary of the vast majority of ppl, and its still growing worse.

Sorry, I wish this could be a more positive upbeat post. And sorry for feelin' I have to apologise. I guess that's just feeling guilty for burdening others with my problems
Not at all mate, no worries, as this site is all about sharing your problems (i mean if none of us had problems, we wouldn have nout to talk about! :giggle:)

Really like that Bon Jovi song. Never heard it before. Listened to it twice, and will again. Cool guitar & that "whining" thingee! :thumbup::cool::bowing:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

Really like that Bon Jovi song. Never heard it before. Listened to it twice, and will again.

Yeah, it's a great song from Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day album. My personal fav Bon Jovi album due to many of the songs lyrically resonating with me. And that album - in my opinion - is their last proper rock album that had their signature sound. Though, I'm not a huge fan, I must admit.

Cool guitar & that "whining" thingee! :thumbup::cool::bowing:

Ah, that'll be Richie Sambora and his signature talkbox "wah-wah" effect that yer on about, there. Always loved how Sambora was able to mimick his guitar riffs and solos with that effect. Though as a guitarist, Sambora is pretty underrated, in my opinion. And I've always preferred Richie to Jon Bon Jovi himself as a singer.

Graeme1988

Stop trying to make me an extrovert.... Ya c***s! :kickingmyself:

Understand this about me, I am not a people person. Sorry, but that's the truth.

And ah can intae this world alone and I will bloody well leave alone.