Och aye the noo

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Best wishes to you, Graeme. I hope everything goes well. :thumbup:

Cheers for the support lads (Graybeard & Hoppy). Much appreciated.
ohyeah.gif

I'll keep youse up to date on how it goes... I'm gettin' ma operation early the morra mornin'.

Graeme1988

:kickingmyself: FFS!! Stop contradictin' everythin' I say... Gee! I wonder why I haven't got any confidence in myself. :sad:

Graeme1988

Gawd... Why did ah even bother going to bed?! Only got a couple hours sleep, if that.

No positive vibes coming from the family whatsoever, just worried how ah'll cope on my own. Or if there are positive vibes, they sure as hell don't huv much conviction or confidence to taken as genuine.

Should've taught me life-skills instead of infantilizing me and treating me like I'm dumb and putting me down all the time, calling me useless amongst other things. But y'know... sod teach him anything! Let the wee f**ker figure it oot oan his ain, naebuddy to guide him or tell him he's doing right or wrong. Men are easier to manipulate way when they're like that. Broken, neglected, lacking in confidence, plagued by self-doubt. :sad:

But whit ye might no realise just by lookin' at me is, am quite driven, determined, wee c**t. Don't if staring death in tha face an surviving hus owt to do with that? And ah don't suffer fools gladly anymore. Sorry but ah've got nae time or tolerance for immature folk like that. Same goes for bullies.

Graeme1988

Hiya folks

Firstly, I just want to say a heartfelt thank you and extend my gratitude towards SPW.
Your well wishes, kind words of overwhelming positivity have been very comforting at this time. The surgery went very well, according to the consultant surgeon.

Though, I felt so humiliated and piseed off yesterday morning to discover my mum had copied my fasting before surgery xans skipped breakfast, thus causing her pass out and lie on my bed while I was being asked some last minute queistions. Nurses even mistaking :veryangry: To me, it just showed her true selfish nature, as I pointed out, mistak me under going surgery, not her. Sorry, if I have little sympathy here, but y'know my concerns about this op were dismissed, while my mum just havered on about it, thinking the worst. I, on the other hand, said a few positive afformations to myself, quietly.

The nurses here at my local hospital have been faultless. Very friendly & helpful. More than can be said of stay in Edinburgh Children's Hospital 14 years ago.

Now the rehab begins, the most painful part.

Last edited:

Nanita

I'm so glad the surgery went well
Yes, recovery is not exactly easy. Take care of yourself, and know that we (spw) wish you the best.. well I sure do!

Graeme1988

I'm so glad the surgery went well
Yes, recovery is not exactly easy. Take care of yourself, and know that we (spw) wish you the best.. well I sure do!
I am glad it went well.

Good luck on the rehab.

Thanks again. :thumbup: I'll try and keep anyone who's interested up to date with my progress. Needless to say, I just got both legs operated on to save being still slightly off balance and 2 operations within a year of each other. Even though the right leg calf musclle lengthening and achilles tendon were meant to be done.

I guess I just relieved a proper recovery plan was in place well in advance.

Graeme1988

Despite having a room to myself, why did the hospital stick me on the same ward as a deranged - sorry if that's not the correccorrect that I should use - wummin who screams for help throughout the night, then goes mental yelling and throwing bed pans at staff refusing to be touched. :eek:mg: :thumbdown: :confused:

SoScared

Hiya folks

Though, I felt so humiliated and piseed off yesterday morning to discover my mum had copied my fasting before surgery xans skipped breakfast, thus causing her pass out and lie on my bed while I was being asked some last minute queistions. Nurses even mistaking :veryangry:

Sounds like a Carry On film. Sometimes you have to see the funny side.

Graeme1988

Sounds like a Carry On film. Sometimes you have to see the funny side.

In retrospect, I find it very funny. At the time I wasn't too pleased. :thumbdown:
Just because I hadn't got much sleep.

I'll just be glad when I'm back home. Having said, my surgeon is happy that I was able to move from my bed to the wheelchair today, and happy to hear that I'm off the morphine and onto the paracetamol. Still it's progress even if I'm not weight baring on my left leg yet.

Nanita

Here's me and Ozzy :bowing:
I don't know why I appear in color and he doesn't :thinking: The camera must've been sick.

nnnnnn.jpg

Graeme1988

Partly dreading this recovery, due in part to only being able to bare weight through my left leg. Which has been taking the strain of my body weight most the last 14 years of ma life. Seriously doubt I'll have upper body strength for this. :sad:

Graeme1988

I hate hospitals. The food's crap, the bed's uncomfortable. Most of the nurses are useless. I hope I get home by Monday, starting to get bored.

Graeme1988

Typical feminist, only hear whit they want to hear. Effin' female nurses. C***s! :kickingmyself:
Caring, good, supportive people my arse ! :veryangry:

Graeme1988

Aye, or it's business as usual for me. :bigsmile: Misery as **** an nae drink.

Ah mean huv ye stayed in a hospital for a few days? This past Wednesday seems like a month ago. :giggle: