Och aye the noo

Hoppy

I've never been in a hospital except as a visitor.

I cannot visit you, but you should be glad.

Hoppy

Funny-Lesson-learned-in-the-hospital.jpg

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Grumpy again?

You must be getting better. :)

Aye, ah must be. :bigsmile: But then I'm on a shifty, minging hospital diet. And it's a wee bit One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest here at ma local hospital. A few folk really screaming in the middle o' the night.

Though, the consultant surgeon's happy with the results. Though, I think her and my mum were shocked at my "Aye, why not? Sure, just operate on both legs. Saves getting another a years after many right leg's healed". :eek:h: This is probably what caused my mum to faint? Apparently am must be hard as nails cuz the surgeon doesnae get how it's only ma right knee giving me most jip? And she's quite surprised how lucid I am after 4 days.

Mind you, am no sure I've got the will power to see this through to the end? It's gonnae at least year afore I back full fitness.

Graeme1988

This hospital is mind-f**k! There's a wummin who just screams when nurses try to help her. And she's worse at night. There an old geezer who doesnae like wearing clothes - must no be all there mentally. Poor fella.

Seriously, it's ike David Lynch directed a remake of One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest in here. :bigsmile: Ah know, shouldnae laugh..

Graeme1988

So... Good news lad an lassies. Homeward bound the morra. Break out the bagpipes, the tartan an a few wee Nippy Sweeties - that's whisky in case yer wondering.

Ya buckin' dancer !
yes.gif
Get it round ye ! Easy, easy, easy !
yahoo.gif
happy2.gif

Sorry, ah've no been keepin' youse as updated oan ma progess. It's just been a bit like solitary confinement here anyway. Staring at the fower (four) walls aw day, ye kinda lose track uh time. But needless to say everybody's happy with me, and I managing the weight transfer from bed to chair an back again.

GraybeardGhost

This hospital is mind-f**k! There's a wummin who just screams when nurses try to help her. And she's worse at night. There an old geezer who doesnae like wearing clothes - must no be all there mentally. Poor fella.

Seriously, it's ike David Lynch directed a remake of One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest in here. Ah know, shouldnae laugh..
That sounds exactly like my one night in the hospital (geriatric psych ward—screamers and zombies, and they wouldn't let me lock the door). Scared me right the heck outta there! :eek:

So... Good news lad an lassies. Homeward bound the morra. Break out the bagpipes, the tartan an a few wee Nippy Sweeties - that's whisky in case yer wondering.

Ya buckin' dancer ! Get it round ye ! Easy, easy, easy !
Sorry, ah've no been keepin' youse as updated oan ma progess. It's just been a bit like solitary confinement here anyway. Staring at the fower (four) walls aw day, ye kinda lose track uh time. But needless to say everybody's happy with me, and I managing the weight transfer from bed to chair an back again.

Great news, Graeme! :thumbup: I hope the rest of your recovery goes as well.

I'm glad to see your accent has come back, too. I was afraid they'd cut it off by mistake. I can't make heads or tails of your posts anymore, :idontknow: but it's still good to see you back in form. :perfect:

Last edited:

Graeme1988

I'm glad to see your accent has come back, too. I was afraid they'd cut it off by mistake. I can't make heads or tails of your posts anymore, :idontknow: but it's still good to see you back in form. :perfect:

Wheesht! An keep tha heid, ol' yin! Ah cannae talk ma accent tae hospital stuff. :bigsmile:

Hi hen! Sorry,nurse. Aye you, darlin'. C'mere a sec an whip this yella tube oot ma wullie. It's giein me a helluva jib! :bigsmile:

Ah'd be mair feart if they chopped ma meat and two veg off an stapled them tae ma heid.

D'ye want me tae start writin' in ma Scotch accent again, like? Cuz ah've got a few tales to tell from this short hospital visit that might be main suited to ma mother tongue.

Graeme1988

I've never been in a hospital except as a visitor.

I cannot visit you, but you should be glad.

:bigsmile: Be grateful fur that, lad. It is pure shite, unless ye bring stuff intae keep yersel fae gan bored oot yer heid. Honestly, yer only entertainment comes fae other patient's agony. An thinkin' to yersel...

"Ooh, Gawd Almighty! Good 'hing am no that pare f***er!" :eek:mg: As twisted as that sounds.

But don't feel to sorry for me. Ma mum, eldest sister and yin o' ma cousins hus been in during visiting hours. :) So ah huv'nae been too lonely, an just tryin' to keep on good terms with stuff. Not that ah'd shag any of them. Except maybe this nurse who looks like a goth chick... And fit as f***! :giggle:

Graeme1988

Foo Fighters - Walk

A million miles away
Your signal in the distance
To whom it may concern
I think I lost my way
Getting good at starting over
Every time that I return

I'm learning to walk again
I believe I've waited long enough
Where do I begin?
I'm learning to talk again
Can't you see I've waited long enough?
Where do I begin?

Do you remember the days
We built these paper mountains
And sat and watched them burn?
I think I found my place
Can't you feel it growing stronger?
Little conquerors

Graeme1988

Another near perfect night uh sleep disrupted by some shouty, deranged old wummin screaming. Why can't nurses quiet noisy patients with Chloroform? That might no be right tae some... But a young man needs his sleep. C'mon... :kickingmyself:

Thank f*** am going home the day.

Graeme1988

Hullo !! Awrite youse lot, aye? Fandabbydosey! :D

Btw here's to y'all... :brindis: For keepin' me in an upbeat, positive mindset afore, during an after ma orthopedic procedures. Ah know ah said thanks afore, or did ah? But yer kind, optimistic words of support really kept anxiety gettin' the better o' me in hospital. Cuz ah wus nearly huvin' 2nd thoughts aboot it.

But... Blah, blah, blah! Am digressin'...

Well, that's me back in ma wee home comfort zone. Doon the stairs in the living room, but still ah've got ma laptop, android tablet an wireless keyboard to keep ma mind of the pain o' ma extensive surgeries. 3 hours worth, everything well. Broken bones, metal plates an all.

Mum's a bit annoyed that she cannae she lie oan the couch an watch her telly shows in piece, with me upstairs oan the laptop as usual.

So... Am guessin' yer wantin' aw the borin' details of ma few nights in ma hospital, eh? :giggle: Be warn, though it wus hellish. And aw these incidents are kinda away over the place due to be off ma tits oan morphine for a few days. And ah'll elaborate on the hilarious ol' warming and the bedpan incident, which I vividly remember overhearing. :bigsmile:

Oh, an dinnae think uh me fur leaving it there, and ending this post here. No to keep youse in suspence or owt like. Just after ah get a good night's sleep, ah'll tell you send aw tha funny, surreal stories

Graeme1988

It's shite bein' bed-ridden in plaster casts. :thumbdown:

Still gittin' awfy flashbacks to ma hospital stay. Never again... :sad:

Graeme1988

It's shit huvin to rely upon folk who jiist end up lettin' ye doon.

Even worse bein' bed-ridden in plaster casts for almost, then gettin' home and feelin' disorientated.

Graeme1988

Oh, and just a wee update in case youse were wondering how am keepin', lately.

The good news is am going fae strength to strength with each day. Kinda bored sitting idle so am gonnae see if ah cun weight baring on ma left leg as the hospital physiotherapists recommended, using the zimmer frame that I technically stole from ma local hospital. :bigsmile: Also nicked a hospital towel as well.

Graeme1988

Why do ma family insist upon pittin' me doon ? Underestimatin' ma abilities to function an cope. Ah'll be lucky if ah get yin nice things said aboot ma character or personality.

But then, am defective, so figure... :sad: