Overweight

Are you overweight?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fighter86

A: Yup, I am overweight. But I can still conceal my weight as long as I don wear things like tube tops or sphegetti stripes. When people look at me, they would comment I look sort of plump, rather than fat.

B: A little. I mean I can't dress up in nice clothings like tubes or short skirts to make myself look good. Which in turn would make me feel ugly about myself or something like dat & then I will think that people are judging me bcoz I am not attractive.

C: I was on the heavier side all my life. So nope, I don think my being overweight caused SP. But I do have a tendency to overeat when I am feeling down, so maybe that's why I am overweight in the 1st place.

D: A big 'YES' for this question. I have noticed that people are nicer to attractive women. They seem to float through life effortlessly rather than GO THROUGH life like the rest of us. I think society is more forgiving if a man is not attractive, but for a woman to be so, it is just plain terrible. I mean I think my SA had worsen considerably because of the way I am being judged by guys. & ususally, if a guy is not gd looking, he can still be well liked if he is funny, nice etc. But if a woman is in the shoes of the guys, she most likey wouln't be as popular as the guy. I mean I have seen attractive women with bad character attract guys like bees to honey while less attractive women with good character being ignored... :roll:

I know I might sound cynical, but I tell them the way I see them 8)

JWH

Well I've been obese for a large portion of my life. At my highest just last year I was around 115kg, I'm now 85kg. I never realised the impact my obesity made on my anxiety, social phobia and agoraphobia until I began losing it. What I never realised was that it took a change in attitude to lose weight.

The idea that I could change myself and that I could take control of my emotional eating and appearance was something completely new to me as strange as it sounds. For me, obesity was a horrible experience - and no, I was not bullied about it or treated any differently. It was the fact that I had no awareness, no reason for why I couldn't fit into normal clothing or feel normal. I felt I was different to others, but I could never see it because I had never known any differently. I was an overgrown child quite simply.

Although I still don't feel my appearance has changed much when I look in the mirror, it has been the mental changes which I have noticed the most. I can now go shopping for clothes on my own, I can walk into a store and fit into normal clothes, I can go to the cinema on my own, I can eat on my own, walk on my own, take public transport on my own and most importanly I am working. I no longer have an excuse for being a 22 year old child.

As for whether or not being overweight matters or not, I'd say it's all relative. It's got a lot do with self-awareness, self-confidence and acceptance. For me it was very important for me to lose weight for these reasons. Other people here seem to be well aware, in control of themselves and happy with their weight. It's up to you in the end and how you feel. Change is a highly effective tool if you have an idea of what you're doing.