Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Steppen-Wolf

I just sent a message to a girl from my uni with whom I've talked several times basically saying "I think you're great and I hope we can be friends" LOL.

If anything, I'm proud of having the courage to do that altough I suspect it's gonna backfire really hard on me : P.

Last edited:

Ithior

Last semester of my bachelor's starts tomorrow. After that I'll probably take a year off before going for a master's. Going to take care of things I've been putting on hold, like doing the GMAT and getting a certified english level or whatever it's called. I'll also try to work on learning other things, like Japanese and how to play the piano.

I would also like to try to live by myself, doesn't have to be away from home, but I want to be in an apartment by myself (or possibly a girlfriend if I get one, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon). Getting a job was in my plans, but with the current economic condition of my country (youth unemployment close to 40%) it'll be complicated. It's not a necessary condition to try to live by myself, since I have enough money to pay at least one month of rent.

After that one year I would apply to masters' outside my country. I definitely don't want to stay here. The mentality of both politicians and people will keep this country going down. I don't want to pay a debt and pensions of people who only care about what's best for themselves.
I don't know where I'd go to though, most of Europe seems nice but the northern countries have a tall population and that makes me a bit uncomfortable since I'm only 5'5 :giggle:

cocorose

I just sent a message to a girl from my uni with whom I've talked several times basically saying "I think you're great and I hope we can be friends" LOL.

If anything, I'm proud of having the courage to do that altough I suspect it's gonna backfire really hard on me : P.

Why would it backfire? I think that's sweet! Good for you :)

Btw, Steppenwolf, 'Magic Carpet Ride' - everytime I hear that song I think of the move Jay & Silent Bob. lol.

GraybeardGhost

I have a super-important long-distance phone call to make. I really can't put it off any longer. That must be why I'm on SPW, posting this pointless message. :eek:h:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah don't know if ah should shave ma hair off but keepin' ma beard. Good Idea or Bad Idea? :idontknow: Or will ah just look like a total eejit...? :thinking:

The reason being ma receding hairline.:eek:mg:

I have a super-important long-distance phone call to make. I really can't put it off any longer. That must be why I'm on SPW, posting this pointless message. :eek:h:

oh look, all those dirty dishes in the sink! Don't you need to wash those before you can make that darn phone call? ;)

I have been putting off doing an important email that I have to make lots of decisions about for days now. My house is looking really clean at the moment :kickingmyself:

hoddesdon

Klieo sdfgod sdflsegre? Iet, uioip ofr ofset oflpsdf jll :idontknow:. Ufag swhe sgsdf judj dshri sdg :thinking:. Idf ojda ildrt sdiol ilkd oil poy7t!

onehandclapping

decided to take some valerian root earlier. pretty sure last time I took this (a good year or so back) it really knocked me out, don't think its having quite the same effect now.

megalon

So there's this girl at work, in a nearby department, whom I find quite attractive. She seems very shy. Whenever I walk by she's always working quietly by herself. I've noticed her turn around to look at me a few times. There's an older guy that I know from that department, and I see him talking to her occasionally. I'm considering asking him what he knows about her, if she's single and such. Would that be too much of an adolescent high school type thing to ask another guy about her? :question:
Even if he told me she was single, I'm still not sure I would have the confidence to make a move, or even know what move to make for that matter.

cocorose

I'm considering asking him what he knows about her, if she's single and such. Would that be too much of an adolescent high school type thing to ask another guy about her? :question:

I don't think so. But how well do you know this guy? I would only ask if you trust him, I'm just thinking it might get back to her that you were inquiring about her, but that could be a good thing too :)

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I need to get used to the fact that friendships last until love gets in the way. In the moment your friend starts dating, say bye bye to them. They will forget that you exist.

Why do people put their partners on a golden pedestal? That's something I will never ever understand.

onehandclapping

I never quite understand it when people make threads that are written like a diary detailing their experience of a certain medication/drug when there is an option to create a blog entry on the same site that has just the same amount of reply options and would be better suited. it just feels a bit... attention seeking using the main forum page?
(I don't mean on here,somewhere else. I don't think spw has blogs?)

KiaKaha

Banned
Well I finally did it. After years of resisting societal and peer pressure, after making excuse after excuse and avoiding it for all this time.... I actually did it... and quite frankly, I am amazed at myself.

In all honesty, I actually feel a little bit violated and a touch dirty. I am about to have a shower - but at least I can say to everyone now that I did it - it was kind of like pulling off a band aid quickly - I didn't really want too, but I knew that if I didn't do it it would just fester away, nagging at me to do it - then once it was done - it was relieving - leaving behind a nasty sting.

But really the movie dirty dancing wasn't so bad.

Patrick Swayze is indeed quite dreamy....sigh...

Last edited:

Ithior

Thought I was going to have the chance to talk to this girl that I was interested in, and that seemed interested in me the last time I saw her (about a week ago). We have one class in common and it was today at 11h30, unfortunately the teacher didn't go. Apparently the girl already knew that so she didn't go either.
I feel like I lost my chance to ask her out for valentine's. The odds weren't in my favour to begin with but 0.000001% is better than a flat out 0%.

Anyway I'll try to tell myself that Valentine's isn't important. I'll see her again next week.

Something-Vague

I need to get used to the fact that friendships last until love gets in the way. In the moment your friend starts dating, say bye bye to them. They will forget that you exist.

Why do people put their partners on a golden pedestal? That's something I will never ever understand.

I don't know exactly what you're going through Hellhound, but I think that I can relate.

My ex-best friend who I was really close to for four or five years before he started dating someone that he knows not even half as long hasn't even texted, called, or e-mailed me once in almost a whole year. I realize that he is married now and had a child, but prior to this, the communication was almost as bad. Plus, you would think that being "best friends" would make it so that the person would make some effort even if they were busy? :idontknow:

I wish that you didn't have to get used to having to say goodbye to friends when a relationship comes along for them. It shouldn't be that way at all, but maybe for protection of your own emotions, it would be good to stay aware of it.

I don't understand why someone would put a partner so far above a friend, especially since the friend has most likely been around much longer and has been there for that person a lot longer. To toss them to the side is just ridiculous in my opinion. Although... I had almost done this once, but luckily I realized what a big mistake I was making before I made it.

On the flip side, I've been in relationships where the individual valued their friends so much that I barely had time with them at all.

Balance... what is that? :bigsmile:

Subpop

Strange day today. My motivation is sinking to an all to familiar low. I took a call this afternoon from a co-worker who has been nominated to complete my 12 month performance review for work. He informed me that I had to go onto the work intranet and complete my supporting evidence today as he is taking leave tomorrow and won't be around a computer after tommorow evening to sign off on my review and rate my performance. His rating determinds what pay increase I receive for the coming year. The thing is I have known about this for at least a month and have procrastinated something furious. As soon as I started addressing the criteria, I had this overwhelming desire to go to sleep. I fought the urge to sleep, finished trying to talk myself up to get a pay rise, checked my spelling, then checked my grammar, then lastly my punctuation. Hit the submit button and then sent an email letting the hierachy know that I had complied with the deadline. I am so tired and I feel like I am a muppet for not having prepared for this deadline at least a week ago.

I really need to get some exercise or else I am going to start to not eat and not leave the house.

coyote

Strange day today. My motivation is sinking to an all to familiar low. I took a call this afternoon from a co-worker who has been nominated to complete my 12 month performance review for work. He informed me that I had to go onto the work intranet and complete my supporting evidence today as he is taking leave tomorrow and won't be around a computer after tommorow evening to sign off on my review and rate my performance. His rating determinds what pay increase I receive for the coming year. The thing is I have known about this for at least a month and have procrastinated something furious. As soon as I started addressing the criteria, I had this overwhelming desire to go to sleep. I fought the urge to sleep, finished trying to talk myself up to get a pay rise, checked my spelling, then checked my grammar, then lastly my punctuation. Hit the submit button and then sent an email letting the hierachy know that I had complied with the deadline. I am so tired and I feel like I am a muppet for not having prepared for this deadline at least a week ago.

I really need to get some exercise or else I am going to start to not eat and not leave the house.

sounds familiar - that's my typical pattern as well

avoid doing things that i'm anxious about for as long as possible (and sometimes longer), and then when i finally complete something, i beat myself up over having procrastinated rather than enjoy the feeling of accomplishment. rinse, and repeat.