Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

Man, it's barely past morning and I've just been having the worst day ever. First, I wake up and find myself stepping outside (without my keyes) and pull the front door closed behind me. I must have sleep walked over there and woke up the second I heard the door shut.

So after 15 minutes of waiting somebody finally wakes up and opens the door. As it turns out, the delivery guy had rang the doorbell earlier when I was asleep. I must have heard it in my dream and made my way over there somehow.

Back inside I fall back asleep for a few minutes before I need to get ready for work, this time on my chair. 20 minutes later, the delivery guy is at the door again. Barely awake I struggle getting my robe on and get to the front door. I open the door, and am just in time to see the truck depart.

I really hate awkward timing like that. And I need that parcel too.. it's tools to fix my bike.
You sound like you were very tired!

I have had Free-floating anxiety most of the day.:idontknow: Like I have forgotten something important that I had to do, but I know I haven't.:kickingmyself:

hidwell

I have had Free-floating anxiety most of the day.:idontknow: Like I have forgotten something important that I had to do, but I know I haven't.:kickingmyself:

Perhaps if you attach your anxiety to these balloons they will float away for good. :perfect:

lots-balloons-14674738.jpg

Yarrow

I've been reading about bird breeds for first-time owners, and I think I'll look into a cockatiel. They're supposed to be fairly quiet, especially the females who may not learn to whistle or vocalize very much. I'd probably be the first owner glad for that. :applause:

You sound like you were very tired!

Yeah, you could say that. ::p: I slept for maybe two hours that night. And to make it worse, is that I'm a very alert sleeper apparantly. According to various people it's very normal for me to sit up and open my eyes and talk to them without acctually waking up. But actually opening a doors and such is new.

It's a bit creepy. :S

Kiwong

I've been reading about bird breeds for first-time owners, and I think I'll look into a cockatiel. They're supposed to be fairly quiet, especially the females who may not learn to whistle or vocalize very much. I'd probably be the first owner glad for that. :applause:

I have a female Grey Cockatiel and she is a fantastic pet. A little naughty and will chew almost anything. She whistles a lot, but she doesn't talk or imitate things as male bird can. She's very gregarious and is most happy sitting on my shoulder or thigh when I sit at my desk.

Yarrow

I have a female Grey Cockatiel and she is a fantastic pet. A little naughty and will chew almost anything. She whistles a lot, but she doesn't talk or imitate things as male bird can. She's very gregarious and is most happy sitting on my shoulder or thigh when I sit at my desk.

Cute! :)

I know a few people with cockatiels and I'm so jealous hearing about them. I've only ever had cats and reptiles, and they seem so much more interactive and bonded to their owners. Being adorable doesn't hurt, either - I love their cheeks!

MikeyC

Yeah, you could say that. ::p: I slept for maybe two hours that night. And to make it worse, is that I'm a very alert sleeper apparantly. According to various people it's very normal for me to sit up and open my eyes and talk to them without acctually waking up. But actually opening a doors and such is new.

It's a bit creepy. :S
That's sleeping really lightly!

MikeyC

I went out to a dinner function today with a bunch of people from work. It turned out better than I anticipated and I'm ridiculously full of pizza and fries now.

The most anxious thing about the whole night was when I was trying to work up the courage to give a waitress my number. Eventually one of the women I was with caught wind of what I was trying to do, so she went over to another waitress and said, "one of our guys likes one of your girls." Eventually I had to write my number on a piece of paper and someone else gave it to her. As it turns out, she's got a boyfriend, which met the ire of a few of my dinner buddies.

So...I can never set foot in that restaurant ever again!

planemo

Really wish i had a real life friend or friends to say to me "hey, lets go and play a game of tennis or maybe cricket, or soccer or perhaps some touch rugby"

... if only.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
D'ya think it'd be possible tae just accept me the way I am, eh? Am gettin' tired o' tryin' tae live up tae yer expectations.

laure15

I've been wearing contacts for a long time but this year, I might opt for glasses. I tried putting on glasses and I actually looked better! Furthermore, it gives me a more scholarly and mature look. Overall, I look more professional. Without glasses on, I have a more cutish, bubbly look which is definitely not what I'm aiming for.

I'm tired of giving people the impression that I'm somehow dumb or immature. It happens so many times I can count. And sometimes people think I'm flirty/slutty out of nowhere! They don't take me seriously. I feel like I should do something about it and the first step is changing my appearance.

Wearing glasses might earn me nicknames like "4-eyes" and "geeky", but that's exactly what I am: I'm geeky/nerdy, I study a lot, and I am a deep thinker. I would rather people call me "4-eyes" than "slutty" or "flirty". I think my outer appearance should match my personality and inner aspirations.

I went out to a dinner function today with a bunch of people from work. It turned out better than I anticipated and I'm ridiculously full of pizza and fries now.

The most anxious thing about the whole night was when I was trying to work up the courage to give a waitress my number. Eventually one of the women I was with caught wind of what I was trying to do, so she went over to another waitress and said, "one of our guys likes one of your girls." Eventually I had to write my number on a piece of paper and someone else gave it to her. As it turns out, she's got a boyfriend, which met the ire of a few of my dinner buddies.

So...I can never set foot in that restaurant ever again!

That was nice of your coworkers to help out, though!

Really wish i had a real life friend or friends to say to me "hey, lets go and play a game of tennis or maybe cricket, or soccer or perhaps some touch rugby"

... if only.

I'd play tennis with you if we were on the same continent.

The air conditioner in the house broke. It's super hot and gross.