Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

neardeath

The best part of each day is when I do my spiritual readings. When I am really down, I let it go, sometimes for days. Then I come to my senses again. So silly how we deny ourselves good things when we feel bad?

^Up the top of that article it says "Disclaimer: This article is not intended to address those with clinical depression or other mental illnesses."

Therefore, is it really suited for a Forum full of people suffering from clinical depression and other mental illnesses?:thinking:
I am sorry but I find articles that are akin to "victim blaming" pieces get my blood boiling. It's kind of like reading an article like "10 things women should do to ensure they don't get attacked"

In that article it also says "There are two types of people in the world: those who choose to be happy, and those who choose to be unhappy."
I am sure there are not many people in this forum who "choose" to be unhappy.:eek:h:

Odo

Banned
Well, I do think that even if you have issues you can still have an optimistic outlook or learn to sort of roll your eyes, accept that things are never going to be perfect, and try to make the best of things.

That said, I definitely have days where this is very difficult.

^Up the top of that article it says "Disclaimer: This article is not intended to address those with clinical depression or other mental illnesses."

Therefore, is it really suited for a Forum full of people suffering from clinical depression and other mental illnesses?:thinking:
I am sorry but I find articles that are akin to "victim blaming" pieces get my blood boiling. It's kind of like reading an article like "10 things women should do to ensure they don't get attacked"

In that article it also says "There are two types of people in the world: those who choose to be happy, and those who choose to be unhappy."
I am sure there are not many people in this forum who "choose" to be unhappy.:eek:h:

When I posted, I didn't read the blurb at the start, I understand what you mean, but I still think the 22 points are worth noting. I agree that we don't choose to be unhappy and I don't think that aiming to be happy all the time is a realistic goal. I think the message is that how we think about any situation affects how we feel; when we realise that we can change our thinking, our feelings have a chance of improving :)

When I posted, I didn't read the blurb at the start, I understand what you mean, but I still think the 22 points are worth noting. I agree that we don't choose to be unhappy and I don't think that aiming to be happy all the time is a realistic goal. I think the message is that how we think about any situation affects how we feel; when we realise that we can change our thinking, our feelings have a chance of improving :)

^I know your intentions are always good phocas.:thumbup::)

We do chose to be happy or not, by the choices we make and they way we chose to react to things that happen to us.

I'm pretty sure disclaimers are just there to prevent people from suing whenever advice is given, just the way things are in the age we live in.

And I don't think that if you follow their suggestions you'll automatically be happy. I think that happy people just naturally do those things.

I do have to say though, that the key to being better is to change the way you look at things, those that happen now and those that happened in the past - if you change your opinion about them, you'll feel differently about them - it's as simple as that. If someone says something mean about you, and you somehow have the opinion that they are evil for doing such a thing, you'll feel like a victim, and you'll be terrified of people like that - but if you have the opinion instead that they are just stupid (which is the truth I have found), you'll just laugh instead. See how your opinion (your own choice) can determine how you feel?

Odo

Banned
Every time I see Zod post I have this almost irresistible urge to ask him if he would care to step outside.

I'm doing a BSG marathon and have been watching for a few days. I've just reached the Galatica/Pegasus stand-off episode.

Man, I forgot how awesome this show was.

this_portrait

Going through a major zit breakout. I hate summer and having oily skin (worst combination ever). In a way, part of me is glad I haven't been able to see the guy I like, just because my face looks ridiculous (and also because I sound like I've smoked an entire pack of cigarettes every day for the past 10 years).

Odo

Banned
I'm doing a BSG marathon and have been watching for a few days. I've just reached the Galatica/Pegasus stand-off episode.

Man, I forgot how awesome this show was.

I remember it being excellent for the first two seasons and I think the beginning of the third, and then it sort of choked at the end... but to be fair, they did put a lot of effort into making it good.

Xervello

Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy!!!

Kiwong

Happiness is a rare emotion for me. I count the many times I've been happy this last few years as my biggest achievements. There's a lot of intensity in life some euphorically good, and despairingly bad. I'd settle sometimes for not happy or sad, somewhere in between. Just relaxed.