Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Happiness is a rare emotion for me. I count the many times I've been happy this last few years as my biggest achievements. There's a lot of intensity in life some euphorically good, and despairingly bad. I'd settle sometimes for not happy or sad, somewhere in between. Just relaxed.

I agree, I think of it as being neutral, it's more realistic want to be there most of the time than constantly happy :thumbup:

Nanita

The door bell rang. I didn´t open.
Now I feel nervous and paranoid, wondering who it was and what they wanted...

MikeyC

Happiness is a rare emotion for me. I count the many times I've been happy this last few years as my biggest achievements. There's a lot of intensity in life some euphorically good, and despairingly bad. I'd settle sometimes for not happy or sad, somewhere in between. Just relaxed.
It's too unrealistic to be ecstatically happy all the time, since life has a way of bringing even the most cheerful down a peg or two. Somewhere just above neutral would be good; it'll mean you're optimistic. :)

Sorry to hear that happiness has been elusive for you. Big bro-hugs coming your way from the South Coast. :)

Kiwong

It's too unrealistic to be ecstatically happy all the time, since life has a way of bringing even the most cheerful down a peg or two. Somewhere just above neutral would be good; it'll mean you're optimistic. :)

Sorry to hear that happiness has been elusive for you. Big bro-hugs coming your way from the South Coast. :)

Cheers MikeyC, hoping you are feeling a bit better than a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly, I'm OK with the amount of happiness I've been getting. Better than 6 years ago when there was no happiness at all, just one big pit of ill health and despair.

I have even been estatically happy and that was a bloody surprise let me tell you.

MikeyC

Cheers MikeyC, hoping you are feeling a bit better than a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly, I'm OK with the amount of happiness I've been getting. Better than 6 years ago when there was no happiness at all, just one big pit of ill health and despair.

I have even been estatically happy and that was a bloody surprise let me tell you.
I'm feeling alright, thanks. :)

At least getting some happiness is better than no happiness, but I still wish you could get some more. You've overcome so much, so why not this?

tcwall

I've been working toward accepting myself. I made a decision to stop trying to 'fix' myself. I want to be at a place where I can accept who I am, how I am. That may lead to more balance than just trying to repair myself as if I were a Buick.

I am how I am, and I'm not entirely sure I NEED fixing, to be honest.

Just a thought that's been going through my head the past few weeks. The closer I get to my goal, the better I feel - so I may not be that far off base.

neardeath

Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy, Itchy!!!

Did you get into the poison ivy?

springk

l really need help. Days are just slipping by with all the thoughts in my head that may never become action. Really confused what to do.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ah need tae accept masel' fur who ah am! Even if everybody around me is constantly tryin' tae change me tae fit their f**kin' "You should be more like this..." perception

Ithior

Am I the only one that, when checking out a grade on some subject, first looks at those of the people I know (some aren't even my friends)?
I was looking today at the grades that were released on a certain subject and I was getting pretty scared since most people I knew were getting huge drops from their grade on the first test. Mine wasn't actually bad, even improved slightly in relation to the first test. More than enough to reach my goal.

Barnes & Noble: The Final Chapter? | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance

This is sad. First Borders, now the really big guy.

On the one hand, large chain bookstores make it hard for the independent bookstores to flourish. On the other hand... they have a great selection due to being so large, and honestly, roaming such a large complex of mostly books is a unique pleasure (although there are public libraries for that experience as well... who knows how much longer those will be around, though).

I appreciate the idea of e-books, but I do still prefer paper. Yes, in the end you are reading the same story, words on a page, but there are so many other aspects of owning and reading a book that you don't get with the electronic ones. That's technological progress, though. Humans have a hard time saying goodbye to familiarity. No doubt if I ever have children they will be used to electronic books and even prefer them. Paper books will probably seem old-fashioned and dusty to them.

planemo

Am I the only one that, when checking out a grade on some subject, first looks at those of the people I know (some aren't even my friends)?
I was looking today at the grades that were released on a certain subject and I was getting pretty scared since most people I knew were getting huge drops from their grade on the first test. Mine wasn't actually bad, even improved slightly in relation to the first test. More than enough to reach my goal.

they used to post grades with the student number, and i knew only my own student number and never, ever bothered to find out anyone elses. but on the odd occasion of them putting names, yes i would browse through a few, but to be honest how well or how badly others did didn't really matter to me much.

Ithior

they used to post grades with the student number, and i knew only my own student number and never, ever bothered to find out anyone elses. but on the odd occasion of them putting names, yes i would browse through a few, but to be honest how well or how badly others did didn't really matter to me much.

It only affects me because if I see a lot of people getting bad grades I'll start thinking my own will be bad as well.

planemo

It only affects me because if I see a lot of people getting bad grades I'll start thinking my own will be bad as well.

well that's understandable, and there's nothing wrong with that. for me though i knew people around me loved comparing marks so if they memorised my student number, and a few probably did, then that's ok, but i didn't wanna fall into the same trap. when we did the really hard subjects which i knew everyone was struggling in, i would try to see how i did relative to them, but other than that no. the main reason being that with my anxiety problems i lived on another galaxy as opposed to everyone else, so i felt it would be unfair on myself to compare my marks with theirs.

i guess it would probably have been better if a normal functioning human being answered your question. :giggle:

Barnes & Noble: The Final Chapter? | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance

This is sad. First Borders, now the really big guy.

On the one hand, large chain bookstores make it hard for the independent bookstores to flourish. On the other hand... they have a great selection due to being so large, and honestly, roaming such a large complex of mostly books is a unique pleasure (although there are public libraries for that experience as well... who knows how much longer those will be around, though).

I appreciate the idea of e-books, but I do still prefer paper. Yes, in the end you are reading the same story, words on a page, but there are so many other aspects of owning and reading a book that you don't get with the electronic ones. That's technological progress, though. Humans have a hard time saying goodbye to familiarity. No doubt if I ever have children they will be used to electronic books and even prefer them. Paper books will probably seem old-fashioned and dusty to them.

NOOOO! :crying::eek:
I will die without B&N. There aren't any other book stores around here. And while I will shop online if I have to, it's just not as fun as walking around a book store for hours. I do frequent resale book shops, but without a big book seller in town, their stock is sure to go down as well.

Last edited:

MikeyC

Going through a transition of rebirth! Feeling better! And, without medication. :)
:perfect: :thumbup:

Hmm, I just saw a deal for a place in Queensland. Two nights at a fancy-shmancy hotel for $199. Should I do it? I want to do it. It's about 14 hours away by car, which would be handy for me to have. I don't know what to do! Thinking, thinking, thinking....

this_portrait

I am not a very religious person, however I do believe in God, and tonight I felt compelled to aim my thoughts upward at the ceiling or the sky or heaven or wherever, and say to him, "Oh, why don't you just put me out of my own damn misery already!"

hidwell

I am not a very religious person, however I do believe in God, and tonight I felt compelled to aim my thoughts upward at the ceiling or the sky or heaven or wherever, and say to him, "Oh, why don't you just put me out of my own damn misery already!"

I have tried that line so many times and it just reaffirms my beliefs that there is no one listening. :eek:mg: