Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
After not running for about two years, you can't expect to do marathons. I think that's a pretty good effort!

I dunno, as out of shape as I've felt lately I can't think that half the distance of what used to be my warm up before track practice in high school is a good effort. ::p:

I took a drive past the track at my college after work today, and think I am going to start running after work (which is midnight-ish) what is awesome is the track is lit and I can run measure how I improve and know more easily how far I run. Also, I don't have to worry about people watching as I run at pathetically slow speeds at first, which is always a plus! :thumbup:

I wish the discus area was lit too, I would totally throw discus at night too if it was. Once the nuclear apocalypse comes, I will need to learn a skill in case I am forced to compete in the hunger games.

Kiwong

I dunno, as out of shape as I've felt lately I can't think that half the distance of what used to be my warm up before track practice in high school is a good effort. ::p:

I took a drive past the track at my college after work today, and think I am going to start running after work (which is midnight-ish) what is awesome is the track is lit and I can run measure how I improve and know more easily how far I run. Also, I don't have to worry about people watching as I run at pathetically slow speeds at first, which is always a plus! :thumbup:

I wish the discus area was lit too, I would totally throw discus at night too if it was. Once the nuclear apocalypse comes, I will need to learn a skill in case I am forced to compete in the hunger games.

Wouldn't the javelin be a more useful skill? Pretty hard to kill a rabbit with a discus, or shot put.

Look out rabbit I'm going to shot putt you to death.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Eh... am thinkin' aboot takin' up smokin' - like seriously! Dae those electric cigarettes gee ya cancer...?! Y'know them E-Lite thingys? Surely, no, eh?

It's only real ciggies dae that, right? Y'know, like everytime ya f**kin' inhale, yer secretly thinkin' tae yersel'

"Aw naw, man! Am gonnae get cancer. Cancer, ah can feel it. Am sure o' it! Everytime ah cough ah sound like a f**kin'... knackered lawnmower engine. Gawd help me! Thankful it's no' ma star sign, so there's nae need tae worry aboot an ironic death. Get it up ye!"

↑ Just a wee jokey joke there. :ironicsmile: Ah know, ah know! Ma sense o' humour's the same colour as Robert Mugabe. ← Black. In case ya didnae get that last reference.
:bigsmile:

Huvin' said that though, ah might seriously consider them electric cigarettes? :thinking: Because am stressed as f**k at moment. :eek:h:

Flanscho

I might have begun to develop more than friendly feelings towards a friend of mine.
Reasons why that is ok: we have a lot in common. Like, really a lot. Friends tease us that we should date, and a dating service we are both member of keeps matching us up as blind dates and top matches even in a 500km radius. She is also enjoying time with me a lot, making compliments, and says openly how fond she is of me.

Reasons why it's bad: well, first I consider her to be way out of my league, which is the reason why I never got closer to her. While she is not successful in matters of career (struggling with her masters), she is highly intelligent (quite more than I) and looks absolutely stunning. In addition, she is a in a monogamous relationship, which of course is reason alone not to get closer to her than a regular friendship would allow. Even though she constantly complains about her relationship... :|

Well, I guess her relationship will recover and my feelings towards her will go back towards a friendly level, at which moment I'll be glad to have her as a friend instead of having destroyed that friendship by making unfitting advances.

Last edited:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Wouldn't the javelin be a more useful skill? Pretty hard to kill a rabbit with a discus, or shot put.

Look out rabbit I'm going to shot putt you to death.

I could never kill a rabbit! :eek: I have learned I am no good at javelin, perhaps I could add razer-sharp spikes to the edges of the discus the extract after being thrown? That would hurt!

Lea

Banned
People in their 20´s are preparing themselves for life, while here am I in my 40´s preparing myself for the end of life.

Anyway I am feeling miserably now as my father still cannot breathe in the hospital. He will be taken to another town tomorow to be diagnosed properly and maybe have angioplasty or bypass, but I am not sure.

Lea

Banned
I might have begun to develop more than friendly feelings towards a friend of mine.
Reasons why that is ok: we have a lot in common. Like, really a lot. Friends tease us that we should date, and a dating service we are both member of keeps matching us up as blind dates and top matches even in a 500km radius. She is also enjoying time with me a lot, making compliments, and says openly how fond she is of me.

Reasons why it's bad: well, first I consider her to be way out of my league, which is the reason why I never got closer to her. While she is not successful in matters of career (struggling with her masters), she is highly intelligent (quite more than I) and looks absolutely stunning. In addition, she is a in a monogamous relationship, which of course is reason alone not to get closer to her than a regular friendship would allow. Even though she constantly complains about her relationship... :|

Well, I guess her relationship will recover and my feelings towards her will go back towards a friendly level, at which moment I'll be glad to have her as a friend instead of having destroyed that friendship by making unfitting advances.

Thought you had a gf already?

Flanscho

Thought you had a gf already?

We have an open relationship. Nobody can control ones emotions, so suppressing them would hurt myself and thus also my partner. She is the same, I don't mind her cuddling with other women or guys. :)

Among my friends, some have a strictly monogamous relationship. Others are different. My best friend, whom I know since over a decade, allowed her long term bf recently to also have a relationship with another girl. And they are happy. I guess a monogamous relationship would have crashed in their situation.

jaim38

I'm having buyer's remorse. I wonder why I didn't try engineering courses after high school graduation. Maybe because I was conditioned to think that girls suck at math and science. I just realized recently I'm more of a technical person than a people person. I'm not good at the whole business skills thing. What have I gotten myself into? I guess I'm stuck with this.

surewhynot

I'm having buyer's remorse. I wonder why I didn't try engineering courses after high school graduation. Maybe because I was conditioned to think that girls suck at math and science. I just realized recently I'm more of a technical person than a people person. I'm not good at the whole business skills thing. What have I gotten myself into? I guess I'm stuck with this.

Join the club... nothing like anticipating the regret you'll surely feel for the rest of your life over one single bad decision you've made, always reminding you "what if..."

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I hope people are done bragging about how they met their long distance friends. All of this happy, happy, joy joy "look at how happy we are" thing makes me sick.

Flanscho

Well, I'd also switch trades if I could. But even though studying in Germany is basically for free, I can't study and pay the rent at the same time. So I guess I'll become no biologist but rather stay a programmer.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I got some meat from work last night, and have no idea what kind it is. Not to say it's low quality, on the contrary it is actually very good quality, I just do not know my meats very well. One is a steak of some sort, a smaller cut that came in a nice slab. The other meat is some sort of steak, which I concluded after the result looked like a cheeseburger of sorts. It is not in a slab though, it's very loose meat, not like most hamburg though. It was more stringy I guess you could call it. Whatever it is, I do know it tasted good :perfect:

Phoenixx

Lately I've kinda been wanting to get back in touch with a former friend from high school. But I haven't talked to her in 2 years, never bothered to keep in touch -- as it usually is with everyone, I think. A part of me feels like it would be weird to just drop a message out of the blue, and thinks I'll annoy her and she'll completely ignore me. Can't say I'd blame her if it did happen, random messages can be weird, but a nice surprise I think.... I don't know. I'm just desperate to have a friend to hang out with really. That's not to say I don't care about her or what she's been up to, but... yeah. I think you get what I mean.

On another note, I just got rid of 2GB worth of music off my computer. Nice to finally get rid of stuff I no longer listen to and to have nicely organized files.