Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

JuiceB

Do I even remember how to be friends with someone? It's been so long, so maybe that's one problem I need to figure out.

jaim38

My internet connection is acting up. It turns on and off for no specific reason. The past few days have been hectic. The router lights turned red for some time. I have AT&T for Internet connectivity. We've been using this company for many years and so far, it's been pretty reliable. I really don't want to switch to another company like Comcast, especially since school is starting already and I have online assignments! If my internet is erratic, I won't be able to complete my assignments or submit them on time.

Plus, I am afraid my brother will force me to switch to another company. Last time he tried to get me to do just that. He said I will have to make all the calls for him, can't you believe it. I told him I've been paying the bills but he controls the router. Even if I get a new router from Comcast, I will be forced to hand it over to him.

I really don't want to change internet providers, especially when I have school. I want to wait until after school ends, maybe in the winter holidays, to change provider.

surewhynot

My internet connection is acting up. It turns on and off for no specific reason. The past few days have been hectic. The router lights turned red for some time. I have AT&T for Internet connectivity. We've been using this company for many years and so far, it's been pretty reliable. I really don't want to switch to another company like Comcast, especially since school is starting already and I have online assignments! If my internet is erratic, I won't be able to complete my assignments or submit them on time.

Plus, I am afraid my brother will force me to switch to another company. Last time he tried to get me to do just that. He said I will have to make all the calls for him, can't you believe it. I told him I've been paying the bills but he controls the router. Even if I get a new router from Comcast, I will be forced to hand it over to him.

I really don't want to change internet providers, especially when I have school. I want to wait until after school ends, maybe in the winter holidays, to change provider.

Did you get a new microwave maybe? They can mess up WiFi signals. It's a long shot but I don't know what else could be the problem :s

Maybe your Internet provider has customer service online? Like a chat room? That could help if you don't want to have to call.

Kiwong

I visited a small untended cemetery near Corindi. The inscription on the headstones had been washed away by the weather and years. Leaves and branches from the gum trees above had covered the graves, and long grass grew as tall as the iron fences around them.

It made me think of the song "Asleep" by the Smith's

There is another world, there is a better world, there must be.

And then I began to think of all the amazing things I have seen on this earth, and the moments of happiness that I have felt, and I realised:

There is another world, there is a better world, in this world, it may be rare and experienced only in moments, but I've seen it,.

dottie

where did the emoting baby thread go?

sad-baby.jpg

Tony and Kevin make Clive look good
^ The 3 of them together would make The Three Stooges look intelligent! :giggle:

Chia seeds on toast are seriously awesome.

*Googles Chia seeds* hmmm

I have always wondered what it was like for people of the stone age who had to taste test a new seed or plant they came across to see if it was deadly or not.
Do you think they would have a roster of whose turn it was to taste the next possible plant food they discovered, or was it whoever drew the short stick?:thinking:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
It seems like at times I approach things the wrong way. Sometimes I think about the type of person I want to be, and then others I think about the type of person I don't want to be instead. Having an idea of who you do or don't want to be is good, but only when looked at productively. Thinking "I want to exibiet qualities A, B, and C and steer clear of acting like X, Y, and Z, by doing this that and the other" is perfect. But I find a lot of times it's not so productive. It's more like "I don't want to be like I am, however that is, and how I used to be, however that was" without knowing what I am know and want to change, or how I once was that I want to strive too. And above all, I don't look for any methods that will help me get there, it's like a wish that I hope will magically come true if I complain to myself enough. Things like this don't solve themselves on their own, I need to approach them as such. Figure out what I want and how to really get to it. Trial and error, observation, the archives of my mind.

jaim38

Today I went to my first offline class. I haven't taken one in many years. The last ones I attended didn't go well at all. Anyways, it wasn't so bad. I was very anxious at first, because I didn't know how the students would react towards me. I met some pretty nice people. I decided to sit on the 3rd row, because I'm too scared to sit at the front. I also took the initiative to say hi and introduce myself to the girl next to me. Overall, it wasn't so bad. I was brave enough to actually go there, when I could have dropped the course instead. The whole time, I was telling myself 'fake it till you make it.' And that's what I did. I pretended to be interested, laughed when I didn't feel like it, etc.

Negatives: My mom drove me there, and there's a lot of traffic. We had to go 2 hours in advance, otherwise we would be stuck in traffic. The course couldn't have been better timed (being sarcastic here). By the time it was over, the sky was already dark so my mom complained about driving in the dark. Another negative is that I didn't take the time to form a team after class!!! When class was over, I got out of the classroom and into the parking garage. I didn't ask the girl next to me if I could form a team with her and her friends. I have to do this next time. Also, I didn't really come prepared. I didn't print out notes for this class, but I should have done so.

jaim38

How do you fake interest in something that you have no interest in? My boss and another volunteer were discussing academics and research, and now they want my input. I wouldn't turn down the offer to help of course, but the problem is my mind is blank! I don't know what to contribute. It's not due to SA or shyness. Maybe this topic doesn't interest me so I have no input on it. Either way, I gotta come up with something to contribute.

jaim38

Uh, some horrible memory just came into my mind and I let it linger until I became embroiled. Many years ago I just transferred to a new institution. There was this freshman guy in class who's very talkative. Anyways, he's one of my bullies. He kept on spreading rumors about me calling me "stupid girl". I remembered his friend used to sit outside of class so that he could warn everybody when I come. When I came into class, everybody was all silent. I didn't remember it being this quiet before. Plus his friends would intentionally come into class, aim their cell phones at me, and start pressing buttons to make loud noises at me. I feel like I want to cry so eventually I dropped the class. I hated this guy to death. But I didn't have the courage to actually confront him. He had so many friends/acquaintances, and I had 0.

Ok, this event has already passed, but I didn't tell anybody about it. I've been bottling it up inside of me for so many years. By posting this, I hope it serves as a cathartic release so I can finally move on.