Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

dottie

Political correctness is a disease of society and what the elities want to spread among people to keep them in check/let the society destroy itself from within, it´s like it has been given a sleeping pill, nobody wants to appear bad or intolerant, so they tolerate evil because it´s impolite and socially unacceptable not to do so. This way the evil easily reaches the upper hand and will destroy the society of meek sheeps and the elities will be happy (I don´t know exactly why but they probably will).

totally agree. there comes a point when political correctness becomes a slanted over-correction, abused for manipulative gain/exploits. they take advantage that people become too afraid to call out the manipulation in fear of being labeled a supporter-of-that-which-is-politically-incorrect.

Last edited:

jaim38

I hate conference calls! Especially with my boss. Last time, my phone minutes were used up because he kept calling me and talking for hours! I swear this guy doesn't know when to stop. One time he called me and spoke to me for 2.5 hours. I had to go to the bathroom real bad but he just kept speaking like a broken record and internally, I was like screaming for the whole thing to just be over! I finally took the courage to say, "sorry, I gotta go" and finally it ended. Man, that was probably one of the worst phone calls in my life. Tomorrow I have another dreaded phone call with my boss, but this time it's a conference call with another woman. Oh God, I'm definitely NOT looking forward to it! And it better not be like 2.5 hours long because it'll drive me nuts!!!

“Our disrespect for thinking: someone sitting in a chair, gazing out of a window blankly, always described as ‘doing nothing’.”
— Alain de Botton

Flanscho

Some friends of mine are going to a gothic club tonight. The club is closing permanently and it's a goodbye party of sorts. They asked me whether I'd join. On the one hand I don't feel like it, since the club will be supercrowded today and I haven't been there for ages. On the other... I should go. It's not that far away, the music will be nice, there'll be nice people around too. So I probably will.

jaim38

Today I went to a Saturday meeting for one of my classes. I was super nervous for various reasons. When we reached downtown, the roads were kinda confusing. So many one way streets, and sometimes there are closed roads. It's easy to get lost in this place. Thankfully, I had a map with me which made things easier. We got to campus on time, in fact I was early. I didn't know where my classroom was so had to ask for help from a stranger who was kind enough to show me.

I went into the classroom and sat at the back. When more people kept coming in, my anxiety increased. Then my teacher told me we have to form teams of 4 or 5. This increased my anxiety even more, as I don't know anyone in there. I eventually decided to form a team with someone next to me and with somebody else from afar.

It got kind of awkward. When we were exchanging contact info, my teammates pulled out their smartphones / tablets. I was the only one writing info down on the paper. I didn't pull out my cell phone because I was afraid of looking old-fashioned or cheap. I don't have a smartphone. Plus my cell phone didn't have text messaging enabled but my teammates wanted to use texting for keeping in touch. Yikes!

We had to go up to the front to register our team. I was very nervous up there. I did crazy things like walk around in a circle. I held my arms in front of me the whole time. My body language probably screams "I'm shy!" I'm so nervous that all these people were looking at me too.

My insecurity shone through. I started talking randomly to the guy next to me, my English was also in shambles. But once I got out of the classroom, I could finally breathe! Whew!!

ImNotMyIllness

:thumbup:
Today I went to a Saturday meeting for one of my classes. I was super nervous for various reasons. When we reached downtown, the roads were kinda confusing. So many one way streets, and sometimes there are closed roads. It's easy to get lost in this place. Thankfully, I had a map with me which made things easier. We got to campus on time, in fact I was early. I didn't know where my classroom was so had to ask for help from a stranger who was kind enough to show me.

I went into the classroom and sat at the back. When more people kept coming in, my anxiety increased. Then my teacher told me we have to form teams of 4 or 5. This increased my anxiety even more, as I don't know anyone in there. I eventually decided to form a team with someone next to me and with somebody else from afar.

It got kind of awkward. When we were exchanging contact info, my teammates pulled out their smartphones / tablets. I was the only one writing info down on the paper. I didn't pull out my cell phone because I was afraid of looking old-fashioned or cheap. I don't have a smartphone. Plus my cell phone didn't have text messaging enabled but my teammates wanted to use texting for keeping in touch. Yikes!

We had to go up to the front to register our team. I was very nervous up there. I did crazy things like walk around in a circle. I held my arms in front of me the whole time. My body language probably screams "I'm shy!" I'm so nervous that all these people were looking at me too.

My insecurity shone through. I started talking randomly to the guy next to me, my English was also in shambles. But once I got out of the classroom, I could finally breathe! Whew!!

Good job!

cowboyup

Hey, Jaim38, Nice job - you stuck it out despite insecurities and nervousness and pushed through! Congrats on that and Awesome You :thumbup: :bigsmile:

cowboyup

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted here and today I seem to have a lot to say...eh, whatever.

Last I posted, I as heading on a plane off to Michigan. Well, you all were right, the flight was fine :) Actually, as some of you described, a bit boring and even though I was a bit iffy on the take off, after that, all was good.

The trip with the relatives went well. And even my sister re-connected with dad and he wants to visit her and is helping her out with the wedding.

All in all, it was good and I am glad I went.

Today - I am MEH.
Woke up a little sad, perhaps a sad dream or something like that, I don't know. But baby steps through the day, right?

anomicdeer

I met a girl on some app. She wanted an e-mail buddy so we started talking through e-mail. She says she's shy. She probably really is. I just wonder if she really wants to be my friend. I don't know if she'd really want to meet me. She is the one that said something about us having lunch one day. I didn't want to mention anything about us meeting up because I would be too scare and I don't know if she would really want to be my friend. We haven't spoken in a couple of days and I am waiting to see if she will say something back first. I just have a feeling that she really is like everyone else. Once I mention I have a child and don't want to be with his dad any more and I don't have a car, they usually lose the bit of interest they had.

coyote

someone-on-the-internet-is-wrong.jpg

JuiceB

Read an interesting article on stutterers like myself:

"Children who stutter may show certain personality traits. These can include being overly emotional and having trouble adapting to their emotions," notes Conture. Some research shows that people who stutter are socially anxious and that children with speech disabilities are at higher risk for anxiety disorder as adults.

I started stuttering at age 5, so could this be the root cause of my anxiety? I always believe my SA problems began in adulthood but I do remember having "difficulties of the social kind" as a kid.

Flanscho

Tomorrow is my first day at the new workplace. Of course I'm nervous as ****. Also they work all with Macs. :eek:mg: I'm used to PC, never worked with Macs before. They know that. They hire me as a programmer, not as much because of what I know, but rather because of the potential they see in me.

Today we had our weekly film evening. We meet at 6pm at a friends flat, who got a huge TV and surround sound system, and watch there two movies, order pizza and so on. Normally it's around 6 people there. In rare cases 3 or 4, sometimes up to 10 or 11. Today, only very few people were there. My closest friend, who is one of the couple that lives in that flat, was visiting her mom and not around. So it was her friend (who also lives there) and his second girlfriend from next door. I was a bit uneasy at first, since it was just me and that couple and my closest friends missing. Then another couple came over, who are nice people but I don't know them very well.
First we watched a horror movie. Mostly because we have three regulars who are nearly always at the film evening who all can't stand horror movies. Since all three were not around today, we decided to make use of that chance. We watched "The Collection", which was pretty meh. But it kept people on their toes. Next we watched "The Misfortunates", a comedy drama about a "scum family". There the people on my left and right cuddled together. Not that they were really cuddling, but simply having the arms wrapped around each other. I started to feel very lonely there, on the couch, with a couple on each side. After the second movie was about half over, the close friend of mine, that also lives in that flat, came home from her weekend trip to her mom. We know each other since more than a decade, so she knows exactly how I feel in what situation. She quickly came over, pushed herself between me and the couple to my right (consisting of her bf and the neighbours girl), took my hand and hugged me. Then I felt much better.

What's also kinda odd. So the woman I start to like more than just friends really loves cuddling. As do I. But she's in a monogamous relationship. Which means that cuddling is normally not possible, except at times when she really needs it. And since she often sits next to me at the film evening, and since I know that she likes me, I told her last week after the film evening, that if she needs a shoulder to lean on during the video evening, she can make use of mine. So, that was last week. This week she phoned me via skype to tell me that she can't show up due to stomach ache. Which is somewhat weird. Normally the film evening is a thing that people freely show up at or not, without anyone having to announce either. So I was a bit surprised when she skyped me just for that. Not sure why. Maybe because she wanted to make sure that I don't misinterpret her missing? No idea. *shrugs*

Last edited:
There's a horse show here in town created by one of the co-founders of Cirque du Soleil. Well, there are actually two different performances offered by them, by the names of Cavalia and Odysseo. It's supposed to be really good but the tickets are something like $170 per person :eek: My stepfather is working for them until they ship out in late September, so we get a free tour of the horse stables tonight and in two weeks I'm taking my little sister to see the show for free. Looking forward to it :)

I asked my stepfather if the horses are treated well because performances with animals make me uneasy as far as animal mistreatment goes, but he assured me they're doted on and very happy :)