Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Raichel

MOSQUITO BITES EVERYWHERE AAAAARGH ITS ITCHING SO BAD SOMEONE PLZ KILL THEM KILL THEM ALL WHAT ARE THESE LITTLE BUGGERS EVEN GOOD FOR APART FROM DRIVING ME INTO A KILLING FRENZY

Seriously they're everywhere. Even in hard to reach places. :(

MollyBeGood

There's a horse show here in town created by one of the co-founders of Cirque du Soleil. Well, there are actually two different performances offered by them, by the names of Cavalia and Odysseo. It's supposed to be really good but the tickets are something like $170 per person :eek: My stepfather is working for them until they ship out in late September, so we get a free tour of the horse stables tonight and in two weeks I'm taking my little sister to see the show for free. Looking forward to it :)

I asked my stepfather if the horses are treated well because performances with animals make me uneasy as far as animal mistreatment goes, but he assured me they're doted on and very happy :)

Oh wow! That would be fantastic to see those beautiful horses and you get a free tour of them before hand-how cool *jealous* Take lots of pictures and bring carrots! Have fun!..what kind of horses are they? I think Lipizzaners?Maybe Friesians...one of my favorite breeds. Lucky you.
Ok I just watched this-Giving me the chills!!!

http://www.cavalia.net/en/odysseo/videos

all different kinds of ponies :) amazing. Totally worth the money and I bet they treat them like royalty.

Last edited:
Oh wow! That would be fantastic to see those beautiful horses and you get a free tour of them before hand-how cool *jealous* Take lots of pictures and bring carrots! Have fun!..what kind of horses are they? I think Lipizzaners?Maybe Friesians...one of my favorite breeds. Lucky you.
Ok I just watched this-Giving me the chills!!!

Videos of the horse show Odysseo - Cavalia

all different kinds of ponies :) amazing. Totally worth the money and I bet they treat them like royalty.

Nice, I had never seen that video before. I won't get to see the show for another two weeks, I wish it was sooner.

The horses were beautiful. Got lots of pictures. The lighting in there wasn't the best so some of them were hard to see, but I got some decent ones. Their coats are gorgeous. There are all different breeds, something like 10 or 12 different ones I think. None of the ones you mentioned though, hmm.

I was running into a restaurant to pick something up and some guy who I'm guessing was drunk by his manner, said "Hey little girl". The hell? He was with a woman who chided him for saying that, and I heard him say something like "What? *mumble mumble* little girl". I was too nervous to say anything but it made me feel bad. I know I look young but I'm pretty certain I don't look like a little girl. I mean... I don't have a little girl's body, haha. And if I really was a little girl, why would he say that unless he's a pedophile? He must have just been being a drunken asshole :/ Kind of wrecked my mood. Bleh.

The horses were lovely though :)

LoyalXenite

I was running into a restaurant to pick something up and some guy who I'm guessing was drunk by his manner, said "Hey little girl". The hell? He was with a woman who chided him for saying that, and I heard him say something like "What? *mumble mumble* little girl". I was too nervous to say anything but it made me feel bad. I know I look young but I'm pretty certain I don't look like a little girl. I mean... I don't have a little girl's body, haha. And if I really was a little girl, why would he say that unless he's a pedophile? He must have just been being a drunken asshole :/ Kind of wrecked my mood. Bleh.

That does sound quite uncomfortable :thumbdown:

JuiceB

I have had people younger than me call me little boy. I wouldn't let something like that stress you. Just another ignorant person. And drunk.

Ithior

I don't really want to plan my birthday party. It's less than a week away and I haven't even asked who can make it nor have I decided where to do it. I guess I could delay it a week, but then there's the birthday of another friend of mine.

I'm freaking out, usually my sister plans most of the things but she isn't here this year.

Ithior

I don't really want to plan my birthday party. It's less than a week away and I haven't even asked who can make it nor have I decided where to do it. I guess I could delay it a week, but then there's the birthday of another friend of mine.

I'm freaking out, usually my sister plans most of the things but she isn't here this year.

Sent a message to everyone asking to reply before wednesday. Expecting half of the people to say they can't because they're on vacations, just like in other years. At least it makes it easier to find a restaurant.

Ithior

Sent a message to everyone asking to reply before wednesday. Expecting half of the people to say they can't because they're on vacations, just like in other years. At least it makes it easier to find a restaurant.

I did tell my mum I didn't want anything for my birthday and that if she really wanted to give me something, she could plan my birthday party... I'll try to convince her to book the restaurant, I don't really like doing that.

anomicdeer

I want to finally stop looking for a friend. To stop wanting someone else to help me become more social. It will never work. I can't be in a relationship. I can't get a friend. All could happen is that I get along with someone.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I want to finally stop looking for a friend. To stop wanting someone else to help me become more social. It will never work. I can't be in a relationship. I can't get a friend. All could happen is that I get along with someone.

Ah've been feelin' that way as well, lately. Sorry ye feel that way, anomic... well, a wee bit. Though, ah understand where yer comin' from.

MollyBeGood

Wonderful, Opaline! :) I think the appy liked you. They look very well taken care of...maybe a little board in the stalls, but well groomed and fed for sure. I looked into tickets for the Seattle show but they are not on sale yet, plus I am so broke doesn't matter anyways :( I read Jane Fonda gave it a raving review in the Press Packet PDF you can download. here's Cher “ I loved Odysseo. I have absolutely seen
nothing like this in my life. The feeling is so
amazing ; it`s like between laughing and
crying. It`s the only time I ever saw humans
and animals seemed like there are joined.”
Cher

hehe cool!

I would like to get a VIP seat where you can have the buffet and bubbly at intermission, front row seats... Plus the barn tour which You already got.

A girl can dream...:crying:

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I feel like lately I have been a fad follow based on my choice of tv, I watched breaking bad, the walking dead, Firefly, and am now into season 2 of the new doctor who. Based on my previous interests this is nothing new, but doing it knowing thinking in the back of my mind a lot of other people like it too is. It just feels weird to a degree. My interest in things is usually outside the realm of others opinion.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I feel like lately I have been a fad follow based on my choice of tv, I watched breaking bad, the walking dead, Firefly, and am now into season 2 of the new doctor who. Based on my previous interests this is nothing new, but doing it knowing thinking in the back of my mind a lot of other people like it too is. It just feels weird to a degree. My interest in things is usually outside the realm of others opinion.
*jumps off a bridge along with several other people*

jaim38

Best, Worst Learning Tips: Flash Cards Are Good, Highlighting Is Bad | TIME.com

The article above rated learning techniques. Highlighting/underlining was considered a poor learning technique while flashcards are rated as more effective. I agree with the results; I have used both techniques before, and I certainly retained more information using flashcards. However, creating flashcards is very time-consuming. In high school, I used to spend hours creating flash cards for only a few chapters of text! I used so many flashcards that I ran out and had to buy new ones. Eventually, someone came up to me and asked to see my flashcards, so I gave them to her. She looked at me and said, "you don't have to do that."

The remainder of the techniques evaluated by Dunlosky and his colleagues fell into the middle ground — not useless, but not especially effective either. These include mental imagery, or coming up with pictures that help you remember text (which is time-consuming and only works with text that lends itself to images); elaborative interrogation, or asking yourself “why” as you read (which is kind of annoying, like having a 4-year-old tugging at your sleeve); self-explanation, or forcing yourself to explain the text in detail instead of passively reading it over (its effectiveness depends on how complete and accurate your explanations are); interleaved practice, or mixing up different types of problems (there is not much evidence to show that this is helpful, outside of learning motor tasks); and lastly the keyword mnemonic, or associating new vocabulary words, usually in a foreign language, with an English word that sounds similar — so, for example, learning the French word for key, la clef, by imagining a key on top of a cliff (which is a lot of work to remember a single word).

I completely disagree with their conclusion. After I ditched the flashcards, I used some of the techniques mentioned above - mental imagery, mnemonics, self explanation - and found them to be very effective.

Flashcards are not effective for preparing for a very detailed test. In one of my classes, we had to take a 100 MC midterm. Does this mean I have to make at least 100 flashcards for each question that could possibly appear on the test?