Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Ithior

Tried to update my tablet from android 4.0 to 4.1, but the info given by the producer on how to do it was awful. Found something on a website I trust, but I might've misinterpreted a word (or not, I don't know yet). Managed to do the update with that info, but unfortunately the tablet now tells me the internal sd card isn't mounted.

Not sure how I'm going to fix this, I don't to root it and then find out it can't be solved like that because I'll lose the warranty. But I don't want to use the warranty as my first solution since it would take weeks.

onehandclapping

that moment where you are trying to have some peace in your own home and all you can hear is someone busying around making a bunch of noise outside your house. the annoying thing about it is that everytime you go to the window to try and see where the noise is coming from you can't see where they are at all, its like they are hiding behind a bush or something!? which means you can never work out which house is responsible for making all the noise. I hate that,its always the bloody same, some mystery person hiding irritating me for hours on end. i'm not walking around out there to get a proper look,sod that! but there's even been times when i've come home to a load of noise having walked past all my neighbours houses and I still can't see where the ******* is.

Well, the earlier part of said thread didn't seem to be against the rules. Usually when a specific post breaks a rule, it might get deleted, but not the whole thread. Or it gets locked if things get out of hand. I just find it annoying that I can't see where the discussion went - apparently into thin air. A Google search turns up the post but clicking it gives me an invalid thread message
I now recall last week a thread i was "watching" just disappeared .. can't recall what it was. And like you, i had no idea why it was deleted. Another possibility is that the poster of the thread deleted it - they have thier own idiosyncratic reasons for doing so.

Oh yes, with google, you have to find the cache of the page (try clicking the down arrow at the right of site's address .. should pop-uip with mini sub-menu containing "Cached .. Similar .. Shared" --> click on "Cached")

Edit: Found the thread that disappeared. It was Religion yes i went there (this was the original page address, with approx title; now it no longer exists, nor could i find it in google's cache at the time, possibly due to being only a day or so old)

Last edited:
Tried to update my tablet from android 4.0 to 4.1, but the info given by the producer on how to do it was awful. Found something on a website I trust, but I might've misinterpreted a word (or not, I don't know yet). Managed to do the update with that info, but unfortunately the tablet now tells me the internal sd card isn't mounted.

Not sure how I'm going to fix this, I don't to root it and then find out it can't be solved like that because I'll lose the warranty. But I don't want to use the warranty as my first solution since it would take weeks
I'm no expert on tablets (just computers in general), but i did a quick google, and found this page Internal SD card taking a long time to mount (SOLVED) - SlateDroid.com. In it, one of the posts says "format the internal SD card from within the recovery menu". Could it be that the OS update requires also an updated SD card format?. I would have thought the update process would have done that, but then again perhaps not, as apparently most people have their games & data also stored on the internal SD card. I presume this internal SD card is for boosting the tablet's memory? (the el-cheapo way i suppose, if the tablet lacks proper inbuilt memory). Also see "...file from DarkElf, it switches the internal and external SD so this problem disappears". Did you have data on that SD card?. If so, then #1 would be to firstly retrieve all that data, & backup somewhere safe. Then maybe reformat the card via updated OS (recovery menu?).

Ithior

I'm no expert on tablets (just computers in general), but i did a quick google, and found this page Internal SD card taking a long time to mount (SOLVED) - SlateDroid.com. In it, one of the posts says "format the internal SD card from within the recovery menu". Could it be that the OS update requires also an updated SD card format?. I would have thought the update process would have done that, but then again perhaps not, as apparently most people have their games & data also stored on the internal SD card. I presume this internal SD card is for boosting the tablet's memory? (the el-cheapo way i suppose, if the tablet lacks proper inbuilt memory). Also see "...file from DarkElf, it switches the internal and external SD so this problem disappears". Did you have data on that SD card?. If so, then #1 would be to firstly retrieve all that data, & backup somewhere safe. Then maybe reformat the card via updated OS (recovery menu?).

I backed up the data before the update so I don't really have a problem with that.
I've tried to reformat the card but I can't find a way to do it, just a little while ago I installed some program that would allow me to do it once I connected it to the pc, but after the whole reformatting process it seems like it didn't do anything.

Anyway, I'll search that thread for solutions, thanks :)

Ithior

The PC can't install the device control software or whatever it's called, so I can't do this step: "08. Specify the drive letter of INTERNAL_SD in SDFormatter and click "(Option)" button.".

Jessie_0

It's a nice warm sunny day outside, and I'm staying indoors and sweating even though my room is decently cool. Thanks to this sweating issue I have zero motivation to go out and meet up with friends. Maybe when the sun goes down... but that's not the point. I'd rather go out while the sky is blue...And at the same time I don't feel comfortable doing so. *sigh*

/rambling.

Ithior

I think I fixed it. Reinstalled the update for like the 6th time but I just messed around a bit afterwards, it's working now. Don't ask me what I did.

I think I fixed it. Reinstalled the update for like the 6th time but I just messed around a bit afterwards, it's working now. Don't ask me what I did
Good for you :thumbup: :applause:
Computers are like that sometimes, especially networking ... you sometimes need to fiddle with the obscure, technical, "jargonese" stuff to get the damn thing working! lol

I've bought a lovely copper coloured compass for my mother's birthday. I wanted to get it myself at first, but it just seems like a perfect present. It took ages to find a compass that wasn't a cheap piece of plastic. :/

Yesterday I heard some women where I volunteer complaining about having to vote today.
I felt like saying to them do you have any idea what many women went through, just to get women the right to vote in elections!?:eek:h:
Women held many demonstrations, got arrested and imprisoned for demonstrating. Then went on group hunger strikes in prison (which wouldn't be difficult to do because they were given rotten meat to eat anyway), some where held down and were force fed through a funnel. Some were handcuffed to the bars of their cell in a standing position with their arms permanently above their heads for 24 hours just to try and deter them from protesting for a woman's right to vote, again.
In many parts of the world today, women still can't have a vote towards who runs their country. I can't fathom why they feel the need to complain about, and take for granted, a right that was fought so hard for on their behalf.:eek:mg:

coyote

Yesterday I heard some women where I volunteer complaining about having to vote today.
I felt like saying to them do you have any idea what many women went through, just to get women the right to vote in elections!?:eek:h:
Women held many demonstrations, got arrested and imprisoned for demonstrating. Then went on group hunger strikes in prison (which wouldn't be difficult to do because they were given rotten meat to eat anyway), some where held down and were force fed through a funnel. Some were handcuffed to the bars of their cell in a standing position with their arms permanently above their heads for 24 hours just to try and deter them from protesting for a woman's right to vote, again.
In many parts of the world today, women still can't have a vote towards who runs their country. I can't fathom why they feel the need to complain about, and take for granted, a right that was fought so hard for on their behalf.:eek:mg:

in the US, only about half the people who are eligible to vote actually exercise their right to do so

which means, of course, that the other half are exercising their right NOT to do so - which seems just as important

meanwhile, it is closer to 100% who complain about the outcome of each election

which they have a right to do as well

but, most importantly, the rest of us have the right not to listen

:idontknow:

Last edited:

LoyalXenite

Because voting shouldnt be a mandatory thing, it just means people vote at random, cast dummy votes or vote for a party without knowing their intentions. Therefore there are all these wasted ballots, and votes cast stupidly. If voting was optional then its plausible that people who did vote would be ones who actually care about who they vote for.

Kiwong

This Australian election will be hard to vote in, so many politicians who don't represent anything, have nothing intelligent to say. Many of the parties are like something out of a bad comedic parody. Sometimes I see people as dysfunctional cattle, and politicians and political journalists lead the way, with their hard faces, and cunning hawk-like glares

I really liked the last words of Michael Leunigs poem in this morning's SMH.

I am represented by a bird
that builds its nest and hasn't heard
the rotten lies
It sings and represents me as it flies