Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

It's okay. By the end she was dripping all kinds of puss out of her mouth. Were it not for the pain killers she would've been in inhumane pain. Being the person that gave her the pain killers and cleaned her mouth, I'm just glad she isn't suffering any more. I can take comfort in that.
Oh, wow. That is bad. She is definitely in a better place now, rather than suffering all that pain. You did the best you could. :)

In more awesome news, next week I have 6 days off work. On the Monday and Tuesday, I booked in to do the nationally accredited first aid course. From Wednesday to Saturday, I booked a hotel in a place called Eden, a quaint country town on the far south coast of NSW, where I will go there and just relax and decompress. I can't wait to go there, as I've never been and I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun to get away from everyone and recharge. :) I did invite some friends from Melbourne if they want to come so we'll see.

Doing these two things cost me more money than I usually spend, but who cares! I'm happy and I want to keep doing these things! :D :D

Raichel

Thought I'd screwed up and totally made a wrong first impression on a certain classmate. But today, she ended up sitting next to me during physics and started chit chatting about things. I was worried I had come across like a total bitch first time we met, but apparently my unintended rude behaviour didn't scare her off at the time. :thinking:

Anyways, it felt great just making small talk with another human being again after such a long time no socializing other than with family members. I'd really like to make some friends again, or even meet some nice folks just to spend time with during breaks. Tired of sitting alone and feeling like an outsider. :/

Odo

Banned
I'm honestly struggling with this whole job site thing-- if someone you used to know adds you, does that means they want to talk to you socially or they just want to spy on you or they want to use you to further their own career only?

It's okay. By the end she was dripping all kinds of puss out of her mouth. Were it not for the pain killers she would've been in inhumane pain. Being the person that gave her the pain killers and cleaned her mouth, I'm just glad she isn't suffering any more. I can take comfort in that.

I'm glad you seem to be taking it pretty well, given the situation. My thoughts are with you.

In more awesome news, next week I have 6 days off work. On the Monday and Tuesday, I booked in to do the nationally accredited first aid course. From Wednesday to Saturday, I booked a hotel in a place called Eden, a quaint country town on the far south coast of NSW, where I will go there and just relax and decompress. I can't wait to go there, as I've never been and I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun to get away from everyone and recharge. :) I did invite some friends from Melbourne if they want to come so we'll see.

Doing these two things cost me more money than I usually spend, but who cares! I'm happy and I want to keep doing these things! :D :D

That sounds like fun! I'm proud of you for learning some life-saving skills and getting some R&R in the process. Sounds like a nice getaway from the daily grind, have fun dude! :thumbup:

MikeyC

That sounds like fun! I'm proud of you for learning some life-saving skills and getting some R&R in the process. Sounds like a nice getaway from the daily grind, have fun dude! :thumbup:
Man, I'm ridiculously excited for next week. I can't wait. Thanks! :thumbup:

Phoenixx

^ I am really sorry to hear about that, Puma. :( It's so hard to treat a sick animal, especially when you know in the end they're not going to get any better no matter what you do. The best you can do is keep them comforted, and you treated her well. I'm glad she's no longer in any more pain.

^ So this is what you've been up to! Haven't seen you around much, my friend! Sounds like a nice getaway to refresh yourself. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. Good luck with the course too! :)

Odo

Banned
how much does our assumption of others' motivations reflect our own?

I think it probably depends on how perceptive you are, and probably whether you're an optimist or a pessimist, a realist or an idealist, etc.

Not every observation that someone makes is projection... so long as you're self-critical enough, I think that you can be objective about things like that.

MikeyC

^ So this is what you've been up to! Haven't seen you around much, my friend! Sounds like a nice getaway to refresh yourself. I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time. Good luck with the course too! :)
Thanks heaps, Phoenixx. :) The course makes me nervous thinking about it, but I can't wait to do it. I think it'll be a lot of fun while learning vital life-saving skills in the process. :)

SoScared

I write 30,000 words (6 x 5,000) a month every month. That's a lot of words and a lot of coffee! So pleased I've been off the cigs for over a year now. Everybody should have a desk, chair and good internet connection. Just the best.

Last edited:

Helpless

Feeling good but a little bit lonely. I wanted to hangout with my friends but they are so damn busy. Guess I have to stay at home and read fiction books for my entire holiday. :\

Pre-hour: Okay, I'm fine.. Just step by step. Get my things, get on my bike. Doesn't matter that I'm late. Just go.. it'll be an achievement in itself. Maybe today will be better.

1st hour: Damnit, here we go again. Okay, first things first. Go up the stairs and look around. Maybe there's too much work to do in one day.. it'll keep me distracted all day.

2nd hour: I'm not sure if I can fill my day.. Most of my work is done already, there's not enough to do. I've still got four more hours to go. Damnit, I don't want to be here.

3rd hour: Almost halfway. Maybe if I take short 3 minute breaks every now and then, time will go faster. And I've still got an half hour break.. I'm really tired, but I should place it at the end of the day when I'm most desperate to leave.

4th hour: I've still got two hours to go.. Maybe if I find many trivial things to do, and do them slow.. I may just make it. Screw it, I'm taking that break.

5th hour: Almost there.. I really want to go, but almost there. Just 3600 seconds left.

After-hour: Three more days until the weekend. I just want to go home and take a shower. A real job is 8 hours long per day, plus an extra day. How will I ever make it in life?.. Well, it doesn't matter. No matter what, I'll have to do it. It'll either make me miserable or break me completely, but if that's what they require of me, so be it. I wish there was an alternative.

Last edited:

dottie

@blackpuma so much relate... are you at a desk?

who makes up these rules that working 40 hours = dignity? people in asia work more and, look, they have people committing suicide at work. it's not coincidence!

Pre-hour: Okay, I'm fine.. Just step by step. Get my things, get on my bike. Doesn't matter that I'm late. Just go.. it'll be an achievement in itself. Maybe today will be better.

1st hour: Damnit, here we go again. Okay, first things first. Go up the stairs and look around. Maybe there's too much work to do in one day.. it'll keep me distracted all day.

2nd hour: I'm not sure if I can fill my day.. Most of my work is done already, there's not enough to do. I've still got four more hours to go. Damnit, I don't want to be here.

3rd hour: Almost halfway. Maybe if I take short 3 minute breaks every now and then, time will go faster. And I've still got an half hour break.. I'm really tired, but I should place it at the end of the day when I'm most desperate to leave.

4th hour: I've still got two hours to go.. Maybe if I find many trivial things to do, and do them slow.. I may just make it. Screw it, I'm taking that break.

5th hour: Almost there.. I really want to go, but almost there. Just 3600 seconds left.

After-hour: Three more days until the weekend. I just want to go home and take a shower. A real job is 8 hours long per day, plus an extra day. How will I ever make it in life?.. Well, it doesn't matter. No matter what, I'll have to do it. It'll either make me miserable or break me completely, but if that's what they require of me, so be it. I wish there was an alternative.

Sounds JUST like the way my mind works while I'm at work. I break it down into chunks like that so I can get through it with my sanity intact. I wonder if everyone does the same thing?

I've thought about that too... how after you are finished with college and have a "real job", you usually work Mon-Fri, 8 hours a day. That's 5 nonstop days of work, then two much too short off days. Then you do it again... and again... and again... until you're too old to enjoy life any more (just kidding... mostly). I've found I really need a break in between days of work. Not after every day, obviously... but work maybe two or three days, then break. I'd like that better than stuffing them together in one weekend that just goes by much too fast.

Sorry it sucks for you :/ As silly as it sounds, sometimes I make up stories in my head to entertain myself while at work, or I fantasize about the future. Anything to keep my mind occupied. Do you have any kind of mechanism like that when the time starts dragging?