Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

dottie

I AM TIRED OF THE MEDIA TRYING TO PORTRAY POLICE AS BAD GUYS.

you run around acting like an uncivilized animal putting your children and other people in harm's way- don't cry foul when you put yourself in the position of being tazed and shot at. when you give the police concern that you are potentially about to pull a weapon on them from behind your tinted windows: YOU ASKED FOR IT, ****ing animal.

TIRED OF THE MEDIA PERPETUATING THIS VICTIM MENTALITY.

remember when america was civilized? remember when there was accountability in society? no, go ahead and run wild like animals- it's OK because you are a victim!!!

let me throw up NOW

HexNoir

you run around acting like an uncivilized animal putting your children and other people in harm's way- don't cry foul when you put yourself in the position of being tazed and shot at. when you give the police concern that you are potentially about to pull a weapon on them from behind your tinted windows: YOU ASKED FOR IT, ****ing animal.

The funny thing is, especially on youtube and facebook, people are waiting around for one guy to catch one instance of police brutality on camera so they can all post shit like, "****ing pigs! Kill them all!".

While I'm ranting, I also can't stand people who obsessively seek out animal cruelty videos, and watch them on repeat (and repost them on facebook) so they can cry themselves to sleep over it. Nobody likes violence toward a living thing, it's disgusting, it happens all the time, there is nothing you can do about it. That's why you don't have to ****ing watch it.

Sorry for the rant :D

Scandic123

Today, I learned that my crush and her best friend have switched to another school. So now I'm feeling a bit sad and empty inside, and I regret that I never even gave her a sign of my feelings. When I started at school half a year ago and saw her, I fell in love for the first time in my life. I looked at her all the time during the first week and during intro camp, but over time, even though she gave me a few signs herself, the love faded a bit. But still, she was my first love... :(

dottie

While I'm ranting, I also can't stand people who obsessively seek out animal cruelty videos, and watch them on repeat (and repost them on facebook) so they can cry themselves to sleep over it. Nobody likes violence toward a living thing, it's disgusting, it happens all the time, there is nothing you can do about it. That's why you don't have to ****ing watch it.

agree 100%... those or 9/11 pics... guilt and dwelling on horrific things you cannot change does not equate dignified tribute.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The funny thing is, especially on youtube and facebook, people are waiting around for one guy to catch one instance of police brutality on camera so they can all post shit like, "****ing pigs! Kill them all!".
Agreed. Blergh. People hating cops because they're cops is childish and stupid.
Also agreed.

It's like pedophilia. It's horrible, and I'm already aware of its existence and the implications. I do not need to see videos of that shit. Ugh.

dottie

Agreed. Blergh. People hating cops because they're cops is childish and stupid.

sometimes i wonder if the media is slanting this in a true attempt to urge society to hate cops OR if they are trying to play it out so much as to discredit it all... does that make sense? like a car alarm... when they were first invented and would sound, people would look. now we hear car alarms so much that they are discredited and we roll our eyes. here goes that car alarm again...

i don't know. this world is so confusing. :idontknow:

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
In a case like that--no, I don't think so.

No serious agenda would include eliminating the police force. No one with serious money and power enough to influence mass media would be fool enough to advocate anarchy. It runs counter to self-interest.

It's just a short-term matter of stories that sell well; stories that arouse emotions and excitement.

Ithior

Looks like I'm going to have to do a root canal on another tooth. This one has been giving me problems for some months now, but the dentist thought it could regenerate since I'm young. Then a few days ago the temporary thing covering a cavity broke and some food got in, the dentist already replaced it but I guess the damage is done.

Silatuyok

TIRED OF THE MEDIA PERPETUATING THIS VICTIM MENTALITY.

remember when america was civilized? remember when there was accountability in society? no, go ahead and run wild like animals- it's OK because you are a victim!!!

let me throw up NOW

There are good cops and bad cops, so it doesn't make sense that all cops should be portrayed as j.erks. I will say, though, that I didn't realize how many awful cops were out there until I dated an African American. He was constantly hassled by police officers for no good reason, and they would only change their tone when they realized that I (a caucasian female) was with him.

Silatuyok

Looks like I'm going to have to do a root canal on another tooth. This one has been giving me problems for some months now, but the dentist thought it could regenerate since I'm young. Then a few days ago the temporary thing covering a cavity broke and some food got in, the dentist already replaced it but I guess the damage is done.

Ugh. I feel your pain. I have five crowns, and my newest root ca.nals are reinfected. Bad teeth genes sucks.

(Side note: this is the second post in a row that I have had to add a period to avoid being censored while typing out perfectly normal words. When is the ridiculousness going to change?)

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I didn't realize how many awful cops were out there until I dated an African American. He was constantly hassled by police officers for no good reason, and they would only change their tone when they realized that I (a caucasian female) was with him.
Sadly, the worst example of men in blue I ever personally witnessed involved white cops with some Mexican-Americans.

My friend and I were in college, and coming home from one of the few actual 'parties' I ever attended there. We'd been engaging in under-aged drinking, which was probably on our breath, though neither of us were really drunk.

We got a flat tire and stopped in a parking lot to change it. A car of Mexican dudes pulled over near us, asked what the problem was, and proceeded to help us change it (our jack wasn't working). Then a cop car pulled up and proceeded to give the Mexicans a hard time for no discernible reason. They showed no sign of knowing them from any previous encounter. My white friend and I they paid no real attention to.

It was ugly. :sad:

Most of my dealings with cops were nothing like that, thankfully.

MikeyC

(Side note: this is the second post in a row that I have had to add a period to avoid being censored while typing out perfectly normal words. When is the ridiculousness going to change?)
It will never stop! I guess we have to stop being so a.nal about it, heh.

Sadly, the worst example of men in blue I ever personally witnessed involved white cops with some Mexican-Americans.

My friend and I were in college, and coming home from one of the few actual 'parties' I ever attended there. We'd been engaging in under-aged drinking, which was probably on our breath, though neither of us were really drunk.

We got a flat tire and stopped in a parking lot to change it. A car of Mexican dudes pulled over near us, asked what the problem was, and proceeded to help us change it (our jack wasn't working). Then a cop car pulled up and proceeded to give the Mexicans a hard time for no discernible reason. They showed no sign of knowing them from any previous encounter. My white friend and I they paid no real attention to.

It was ugly. :sad:

Most of my dealings with cops were nothing like that, thankfully.
That's unfortunate. Sorry you had to sort-of deal with that.

I work in a police station in the morning, and I think they all want to do some good and help the community, but age and desensitisation stops them from caring. Most of them are good people, at least here in Australia.

Silatuyok

I've been spreadsheeting my 2013 expenses, and realized that I've spent $160 this year on fast food (mostly McD's). *Hangs head in shame.

GhoulsNightOut

I just realized he was was just being a guy. If you truly don't care you wouldn't go shouting about it.
Still a j3rk though....
Totally spoiled from all the attention and taking out his anger on the wrong people.
And I hate myself 'cause I can't stop thinking about him!!!! :kickingmyself: